Author Topic: Dan Owston - profile - Owston69  (Read 9135 times)

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
Dan Owston - profile - Owston69
« on: June 18, 2009, 13:31:58 PM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU?  Hmmm Dan Owston..still!

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)
http://images.google.com/images?q=dan%20owston%20%20poker&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&oe=utf8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?
Haverfordwest.... South West Wales

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF? 31/male/alcoholic, gambling degenerate and self confessed poker legend! Also work occasionally when someone is stupid enough to employ me!

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND? Started in 2004, for enjoyment, and after winning numerous $$$ in huge field freerolls thought i"d give it a shot...never looked back since...

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE? Rocky loose

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY? Apart from myself???..... Locally, have a lot of respect for Richard Rudling-Smith and Dylan Herbert both grreat players and good friends. Really enjoy playing with Alan Armatage, Dewi, and Paul Moss. Roberto Romanello is goint to push on to prove his "LEGEND" status... amazing reader of the game and one of the nicest blokes around. Andrew Feldman as a cash game plaer is just awesome. Richard Cowley is supremely talented at Omaha.I am an avid fan of Patrik Antonius and Gus Hansen.

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?  Pokerstars... Cardiffbiker.

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?  Early on... 15th in Party pokers Sunday million.. from a $3 qualifier. Winning the sunday lunch on Ladbrokes. turning $100 into $12600 on Mansion playing NL 8 handed. Winning numerous GUKPT seats on Bluesq...about 15, and also playing GUKPT grand final. Won WPT package on ipoker 2007, won $9000 APPT grand final package for $21 and played main event in Sydney, getting knocked out by Joe Hachem 9 before the money on day 3. Qualified for and Played APPT Seoul 2008. Qualified for and Played EPT Dortmund 2008. I"m lucky to have shared tables with Daniel Negreanu, Joe Hachem, Marcel Luske and Isabelle Mercier.  2/3454 stars $5 turbo - $3200 win. won $100 double stack on ipoker march 2009 ..final tabled First ECOOP on ipoker 2009/1600 runners - $4900. Won WSOP packages in 2007/2008 but didnt go ;-(. 4 days ago won WSOP package on Stars for $12000 from $4.22... again cannot go!! Won 5 consecutive live games in Grosvenor Cardiff (only person to do so) MOn-FRi) and madde $56000 profit live in grosvenor Cardiff in 3 months playing just MTT"s in 3 months (Oct-Dec 2006.)

........................................PERSONALLY.... MY BIGGEST EVER ACHIEVEMENT .......Won my first ever live game.. $10 rebuy.. with my last £35 for £1310, when jobless, 2 days before being evicted and homeless....failing that all the others may well not have ever happened !

Oh, also won first game of 2009 APAT online league :-)

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE? Making great reads and moves, only to be called by Players that can"t pass...purely, "because it"s me" . . .. .

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT? Rudders, when it came to Cardiff in 2007, made last 2 tables in first event.... love the spirit and style. Great bunch of people with a fab poker ethos. . . . .  met many fab people. .  some i still dont know their names ...and i will make an effort to do so! Look 4ward to meeting many more in the coming months.

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE? LEGENDARY ! ! ! !
though Jeldon Fernandes needs to learn to pass AJ to a re-raise :-)

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?

Yes, several. . . My memories are vague and hazy due to endless supply of alcohol, to which i owe dewi, big alhx, Duke and a nameless stranger many thanx . . .

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER? Eating, Drinking, Causing Mayhem, . also the odd pub quiz. Golf..once a year.

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM?  What are they??

Ok,... seriously...love Harry Potter books.... fab that  actually get these lazy console obsessed kids wanting to READ BOOKS again!! Green Mile/Sleepers/Shawshank Redemption/Twin Town.

16 - WHAT THREE ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?

Photo Album, Stamp Album, Panini football 86 sticker album (almost complete)

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?

If you ever become as good as i am.......retire !!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 17:58:45 PM by APAT »

mal666

• Gold Member
Re: Dan Owston - profile - Owston69
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 14:22:55 PM »
Run good much?

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 15:55:19 PM »

Run good much?

i wish...... :) i"d be a winning player if i did !! :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 18:18:22 PM by lukybugur »

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 19:37:50 PM »
Excellent, roll on Nottingham.

c u there Dan :)

Paul Mac
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 00:03:23 AM »
LOL just read your profile, it is sooo you to a T.  was a pleasure to meet you in Edinburgh Dan, I don"t hate you honest ;)
Mary Kivlin

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 12:55:25 PM »

LOL just read your profile, it is sooo you to a T.  was a pleasure to meet you in Edinburgh Dan, I don"t hate you honest ;)

I Know that Mary. . . ... Just now you can put a face to that a55hole u see playing online. . . lovely to meet you too.... WD and unlucky. . sure we"ll meet again soon ! !   :D :D :D

michael123

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 07:06:04 AM »
Hi, i am michael , i am agree with you that Massive well overdue congratulations to a fabulous guy Dave(Allinbob)/(do you know what i folded there?) Green for taking down the Omaha, v Another cracking Lad Dai Llewelyn, who himself saved a bloodbath of a heads up battle by knocking out Brendan, yet another......... oh sod it there all good lads, in third spot.Thanks
MichaeL
mcitp
USA