Author Topic: BIRDI NUMNUM  (Read 2546 times)

Woody

BIRDI NUMNUM
« on: October 05, 2007, 21:38:30 PM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU?

Stephen Woodman (aka Woody)

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?

Born in Suffolk, grew up in West London and now live in West Yorkshire

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?

I was born in 1970, am single and work as a Programme Manager for one of the largest banks in the UK. My family are all based around North London and Ipswich. Talking of which, I am a massive Ipswich Town fan

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?

Started playing around four years ago. Now play holdem, ohama, ohama8, razz, hose, horse, stud, 7-2 triple, 3 card irish.

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?

I am an aggressive cash player with reasonable success, however, I play the same in tournaments which doesn"t work so well !

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?

"The Magician" Esfandiari - his cash game is awesome and he has that element of control and instinct that I think Gus Hansen is missing

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?

Have to say Pokerstars as I prefer the higher stake cash tables. Always plenty of choice whenever you log on

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?

Busting Barny Boatman twice in an hour on TV. He was doing a series about home games a while back and we had to invent a rebuy option after I knocked him out first time. Promptly did it again, so he spent the rest of the show dealing for us !
Have final tabled a number of EPT ranking events around the UK and picked up a few reasonable paydays (but not enough to make a living)

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?

Not alot ... I prefer live poker to online poker. However, there is far less danger to your physical wellbeing when you insult someone online for making a bad play !

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?

I met Des when I first started playing home games with the boys in London. As soon as he announced his plans for APAT, he had my support.

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?

Fantastic .. can"t complain. Whether you are experienced at live play or not, you cannot help but feel welcomed and enthusiatic about telling others about APAT

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?

Played a number of them. Great set up, great support and jolly good company. Most entertaining experience so far ..
   Giving a young wannabe an expensive lesson at the cash table in Newcastle
   Receiving an expensive lesson from Tony Kendall at the cash table in Luton

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?

I play football, squash, golf and dodgeball. Yes, the game from the film of the same name and no, I do not wear spandex ! Great fun and recently played in the UK National Championships in Leicester
Art & antiques, cooking, live music and live sport

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM?

Fiction, still got a soft spot for the Dragonlance Trilogy. Other than that, I am more a reference reader, history, politics, art and antiques. Film ... a huge Mel Brooks and Peter Sellers fan. So "History of the World I", "The Party", "Highlander", Jackie Chan films before he sold out to Hollywood

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?

3 albums, get modern, I"d take my MP3 player. That said, Supertramp, Feeder, Kings of Leon, Beatles, Depeche Mode, something classical

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?

To those I have met, it was a pleasure, to those I have still to meet, I look forward to it. And ... please promote APAT whenever possible. The more, the merrier !
Woody