Author Topic: betfair  (Read 13859 times)

maxine4matt

betfair
« on: February 24, 2010, 13:30:17 PM »
hi would just like to say how great i think betfair is and many thanks to des and the team for setting this up for us .the game was easy to find and navigate round ,even had the betfair customer services ring me today to welcome me to betfair gave me a number to ring if i had any problems .they said that they had noticed id became a member 5days ago and wandered what had brought me to betfair and how did i feel about it and thanks ,i did say id be very happy if they could arrange for me too be apat champion lol xxx

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: betfair
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 13:31:41 PM »
LOL nice one Maxine, tis gr8 to see their customer service is excellent :D
Mary Kivlin

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 13:49:19 PM »
also got call when i said i joined because of apat he replied whats that ...mmmmmmmmmm
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 13:51:57 PM »
Thats a shocking post, please could I remind members to only post negative comments relating to poker providers

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 16:02:49 PM »
iv been having problems with the soaftware running slow not letting me bet and timing me out my table would not  resize at all so i reinstalled the soaftwere as a last resort and when i reinstalled there was a link to download the resize table version and everything works ok now

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 18:12:36 PM »
Maxine - what you should watch out for is being prevented from playing when you and Matt end up on the same tourney table. They may have fixed this now but...........

A few years back Poker Player did their bounty series on betfair and me and the missus played it most weeks. Then one week we were both down to the final 2 tables and it froze me out when I was put on the same table as her. Couldn"t do anything I wasn"t allowed to act. She could carry on as normal.

At the time there was less wireless security about and I was able to rejoin the game via a neighbours connection after about 15 mins but anyway....I"m interested to know if this issue still exists with their tourney software because we didn"t play there again after that.

Wouldn"t expect to be able to join sit and go"s but this was a 200+ player event and will be relevant for our online nationals and the online team games. I can think of a fair few APAT players this could affect.

BF site says 1 player per network per cash table so I hope this is strictly the case. Pays to be ready for the worst though, just in case.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 18:15:48 PM »

Maxine - what you should watch out for is being prevented from playing when you and Matt end up on the same tourney table. They may have fixed this now but...........

A few years back Poker Player did their bounty series on betfair and me and the missus played it most weeks. Then one week we were both down to the final 2 tables and it froze me out when I was put on the same table as her. Couldn"t do anything I wasn"t allowed to act. She could carry on as normal.

At the time there was less wireless security about and I was able to rejoin the game via a neighbours connection after about 15 mins but anyway....I"m interested to know if this issue still exists with their tourney software because we didn"t play there again after that.

Wouldn"t expect to be able to join sit and go"s but this was a 200+ player event and will be relevant for our online nationals and the online team games. I can think of a fair few APAT players this could affect.

BF site says 1 player per network per cash table so I hope this is strictly the case. Pays to be ready for the worst though, just in case.

Great point Myself and and the wee man were in the same tourney by never on the same table - interesting

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 18:32:03 PM »
I"ve had some trouble downloading and running the Betfair poker client. ("directx" error message)

5 calls, an email and 2 days later Bingo ;D It was a hard slog but we got there in the end. But for 1 of the 4 people I dealt with at Betfair the support was great.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 19:20:04 PM »
Max, I received a similar welcome call from Betfair. Also asked how i could win the £20,000 package? ;D

Lobby seemed a bit awkward, just like every other site though, a little navigation practice and all was fine.
Also had to update directx for resizing etc.

I did suggest to him to have an APAT tab/filter as per bluesquare, said it would double barrell, help us, and also other betfair users being pointed towards apat.

He expressed to me that he"d heard of quite a few new members because of the APAT influx.

So gl @ the tables all :)
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 22:44:03 PM »
me and max just landed on same table it works woop woop

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 23:41:37 PM »
tho not too well for you - no offence

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 00:03:17 AM »

tho not too well for you - no offence
lol just like ipoker out drawen again woop woop luck boxes

fraac

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 00:21:37 AM »
I got a phonecall from Betfair a few weeks ago asking why I hadn"t played in a while and if a £50 bonus might encourage me. Can"t knock that.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 02:32:45 AM »

Excellent news - WP betfair
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

janc

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 08:56:26 AM »

Do you both play from the same IP address, as my wife plays on Betfair also ?
Form is temporary, but class is permanent