Author Topic: APAT Ladies Team anyone???  (Read 24627 times)

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT Ladies Team anyone???
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 18:05:10 PM »
All I see is a few of ladies wishing to form a team just like every other club/forum and hope that they are selected to play.  Im quite sure, In no way was Debs meaning it to be an "APAT" team
Mary Kivlin

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 18:08:38 PM »

I have put in a request for APAT to consider having a ladies team to represent them.

Im quite sure, In no way was Debs meaning it to be an "APAT" team

LoneRider

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 18:15:18 PM »
Hi Debs, if this gets off the ground would love to be considered for the ladies team please!
Cheers, Viv

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 18:45:40 PM »

I have put in a request for APAT to consider having a ladies team to represent them.

Im quite sure, In no way was Debs meaning it to be an "APAT" team

Yes Steve, but the wee thread we have on fb is not the same, and debs was going to amend her post.
Mary Kivlin

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 18:49:22 PM »
As I suggested on the other thread, the only community which "binds" the players who would be on this team together is APAT.

However you choose to describe or name it, it would be an APAT team.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 19:13:17 PM »

All I see is a few of ladies wishing to form a team just like every other club/forum and hope that they are selected to play.  Im quite sure, In no way was Debs meaning it to be an "APAT" team

but you are not a club or forum, seperately...

It would be an APAT team, and we"re committed to two APAT teams only to allow as many other organisations in as possible, afaik.

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 21:46:05 PM »
Personally I dont care now, I was approached and supported debs as well as others when a post was placed for a tentative enquiry, this debate and slating is ridiculous now
Mary Kivlin

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 22:05:13 PM »
I"m not sure anyone is slating anyone else to be fair

Or see how the debate is ridiculous

I understand everyone"s wish to play the event, but unless Des, Leigh and I change course (possible) the aim is to have two APAT teams and the rest from established clubs, forums, leagues

this unfortunately applies to the proposed Larry Murphy"s team, an APAT Ladies team or to the as yet secret but tricky to pick from "APAT over 20 stone blokes who like a drink" team.

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2010, 23:20:01 PM »

this unfortunately applies to the proposed Larry Murphy"s team, an APAT Ladies team or to the as yet secret but tricky to pick from "APAT over 20 stone blokes who like a drink" team.

I"m not that heavy yet. Mmmmmmm maybe a few more pints?  ;D
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 07:02:44 AM »
I will gladly step aside this year and not even apply to play to allow others a chance of playing, I have been lucky to have represented a team the last 2 years.
Mary Kivlin

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 14:08:11 PM »

I will gladly step aside this year and not even apply to play to allow others a chance of playing, I have been lucky to have represented a team the last 2 years.

And you"ve done the whole first out, last out thing.   ;D

You"d have to finish exactly 100th this year to keep it balanced out.

On a serious note though Mary, if you want to play in the event, and I"m sure most people do want to play, then you should not be put off in trying to get into a team, whether you have played before or not.

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 15:56:04 PM »

And you"ve done the whole first out, last out thing.   ;D

You"d have to finish exactly 100th this year to keep it balanced out.

On a serious note though Mary, if you want to play in the event, and I"m sure most people do want to play, then you should not be put off in trying to get into a team, whether you have played before or not.

Thanks Leigh :)

Mary Kivlin

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 18:13:24 PM »

Mary - I don"t think anyone has suggested that you shouldn"t play.... not sure if you have mis-read comments or taken something personally when not intended to be so.

For my part, I was simply challenging the concept of a single sex, non-inclusive team - and I stand by that challenge, would challenge it in other poker related discussions, ie not just re APAT team competition.

Yourself, Deb, and other ladies on this thread who have expressed a desire to play all deserve to be in the shake-up for a place in any of the teams, the APAT team included. I don"t think you should exclude yourself.

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 18:29:59 PM »

Mary - I don"t think anyone has suggested that you shouldn"t play.... not sure if you have mis-read comments or taken something personally when not intended to be so.

No, not taken it personally, just feel that as I have played the last 2 years tourneys maybe I should step back and allow others a chance.  I just love live poker, don"t get to play all that often with having young kids, but with this tourney its a wee bit special for me with winning it in 2008 kinda makes me wanna hope to get ona team and play it.

For my part, I was simply challenging the concept of a single sex, non-inclusive team - and I stand by that challenge, would challenge it in other poker related discussions, ie not just re APAT team competition.

Yup you have every right to put forward your own opinions Steve as have others.

Yourself, Deb, and other ladies on this thread who have expressed a desire to play all deserve to be in the shake-up for a place in any of the teams, the APAT team included. I don"t think you should exclude yourself.

Thanks Steve
Mary Kivlin

blowfly

• Silver Member
  • "AKA Mrs D"
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2010, 22:48:27 PM »