Author Topic: S5 Online National League - Discussion  (Read 53053 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
S5 Online National League - Discussion
« on: March 21, 2011, 11:58:24 AM »
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 00:15:05 AM by Chipaccrual »

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: S5 Online National League - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 12:12:11 PM »
Thanks Leigh.. first scan through and I can"t see much difference to last seasons scoring system? Can you highlight any differences?
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 12:16:28 PM »
I see belfast are top of the list already and there going to stay there  ;)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 12:20:37 PM »

Thanks Leigh.. first scan through and I can"t see much difference to last seasons scoring system? Can you highlight any differences?

Glad to see my hours of scoring system scenario testing has worked.   ;D

The changes are around the individual scores.  We"ve ramped up the points for the top positions (Sort of Formula One style), and flattened out the lower ones (min cash positions).

The aim of this is to reward the top finishers a bit more, and promote the win.  I"m hoping that this should also help to address the concerns over volume being the only measure of who can win.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 12:42:18 PM »

Glad to see my hours of scoring system scenario testing has worked.   ;D

The changes are around the individual scores.  We"ve ramped up the points for the top positions (Sort of Formula One style), and flattened out the lower ones (min cash positions).

The aim of this is to reward the top finishers a bit more, and promote the win.  I"m hoping that this should also help to address the concerns over volume being the only measure of who can win.

Fingers crossed it does the job then Leigh  :D

Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 12:44:12 PM »
To be honest, as long as West Midlands don"t finish top, I think I WIN.

If Brian"s lot do win it, I"m leaving the country.   ;D

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 13:19:38 PM »

To be honest, as long as West Midlands don"t finish top, I think I WIN.

If Brian"s lot do win it, I"m leaving the country.   ;D

lol

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 16:44:59 PM »
Not really sure I am in favour of Birmingham and Walsall merging, these were two well supported and strong teams before the merger, now they are one big strong team! Without checking number of players turning out on a regular basis, I would suggest that maybe Leeds and Sheffield merged, and what about Dundee and Glasgow , and Newcastle and Carlisle! It just seems a strange precedent to me.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 16:48:39 PM »

Not really sure I am in favour of Birmingham and Walsall merging, these were two well supported and strong teams before the merger, now they are one big strong team! Without checking number of players turning out on a regular basis, I would suggest that maybe Leeds and Sheffield merged, and what about Dundee and Glasgow , and Newcastle and Carlisle! It just seems a strange precedent to me.
2 strong teams hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha  er only one son sorry
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 00:54:03 AM »
Whats happenning with the London team ? No threads for registering names yet.

Any update on when the London team will be covered off like the other mergers/changes.
North London Poker Club
APAT Caribbean Poker Club
APAT South African Poker Club

http://www.logieontour.co.uk

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 01:20:59 AM »
Quote from: L

ogie66 link=topic=8260.msg137387#msg137387 date=1300841643

Whats happenning with the London team ? No threads for registering names yet.

Any update on when the London team will be covered off like the other mergers/changes.

James is on the case.

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 11:46:29 AM »
How about rather than merging the 2 Midlands teams we leave it as Birmingham and Walsall and all the players that want to switch from Birmingham to Walsall do so? Seeing as the two places are 20 minutes apart they"d be perfectly within their rights to do so and perhaps then we"d have less people moaning about the merger or asking that their teams are merged. Just a thought.

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 11:52:06 AM »

How about rather than merging the 2 Midlands teams we leave it as Birmingham and Walsall and all the players that want to switch from Birmingham to Walsall do so? Seeing as the two places are 20 minutes apart they"d be perfectly within their rights to do so and perhaps then we"d have less people moaning about the merger or asking that their teams are merged. Just a thought.

Andy are you trying to emulate Kinboshi as the forum member/ most posts of 2011?

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 12:03:35 PM »

Andy are you trying to emulate Kinboshi as the forum member/ most posts of 2011?

Lol. Just bored of all the whinging about the merger, and bored at work!

I"d honestly rather the merger didn"t go ahead to be honest and the players just switched. I can see why Leigh did it as it makes perfect sense but if we now go on and win it again all of this will come up again with players going "told you so" despite the fact we have the strongest team and that"s why we"ve won it so often before. The argument about Walsall winning due to numbers has been going on for ages now and yet nobody has got anything to back it up. If the merger goes ahead it just gives the other teams another excuse.

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 12:20:05 PM »
To be honest i put this idea forward as i was sic of hearing about the walsall / birmingham divide, and to be honest having more player actualy makes it harder, ..............!
i agree with Andy  but happy either way .. let them moan gives them something to do
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013