Author Topic: William Hill English Amateur Poker Championship - Satellite Information  (Read 37002 times)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: William Hill English Amateur Poker Championship - Satellite Information
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 14:13:15 PM »

Dunno if it has been mentioned or not? .. What if you can"t make Coventry, but want to try and bink a seat in the intention of perhaps using the buy in for  another APAT event? Is this ok to do or is it strictly non transferable?

Carl. I"m of the opinion that you should not try to satellite into an event you KNOW you can"t make but if you bink you should be able to sell the seat on the exchange.

“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 14:17:28 PM »

Dunno if it has been mentioned or not? .. What if you can"t make Coventry, but want to try and bink a seat in the intention of perhaps using the buy in for  another APAT event? Is this ok to do or is it strictly non transferable?

Good question....which also leads to my query....can u win multiple entries (in theory),to the same event...and what would happen in that case?...

Satellites are to allow you to win a seat not increase your bankroll and I would hope that anyone who did bink would not deprive others of the same opportunity.

bhoywonder70

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 14:21:23 PM »

Good question....which also leads to my query....can u win multiple entries (in theory),to the same event...and what would happen in that case?...

Satellites are to allow you to win a seat not increase your bankroll and I would hope that anyone who did bink would not deprive others of the same opportunity.
y

I agree paulie....I know ipoker doesn"t work like the stars t$ system...just curious if you could collect entrys throughout the season for various events
Apat Scottish online open gold medal holder 2008....

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 14:51:31 PM »

I agree paulie....I know ipoker doesn"t work like the stars t$ system...just curious if you could collect entrys throughout the season for various events

That"s not the system...it"s either win a seat to the specific event or sell it via the seat exchange and use the cash to buy into future events...if you can. There are no holdovers or guarantees of getting into future events.

...but like I said, I would hope that APATers would not "abuse" the satellite system to increase their bankroll at the expense of other members.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 15:22:45 PM »
A minor observation - the sats are priced in GBP (£20, £10, £5r), where they used to be in USD ($20, $10, $5r). The main event price has increased from £75 to £82.50..... but even then, £22 for a sat to an £82.50 might be a little excessive..?

Can"t play Tuesday nights.... so will have to go for the £5r, as not really interested in playing for £22 to an £82.50 event.

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 15:36:25 PM »

That"s not the system...it"s either win a seat to the specific event or sell it via the seat exchange and use the cash to buy into future events...if you can. There are no holdovers or guarantees of getting into future events.

...but like I said, I would hope that APATers would not "abuse" the satellite system to increase their bankroll at the expense of other members.

Not a problem Paulie.. Not interested in either building my bankroll or selling my seat.. Just enjoy playing sats to try and get a cheap seat, I would use it in another event that"s all.. In past I have won seats on DTD etc and Leigh/Des have honoured my seat to an event I was able to attend.. In fact I won a seat to DTD worlds main event last season a sold it to my friend at at half price, so def not trying to rob fellow APAT members..
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 16:15:25 PM »

Not a problem Paulie.. Not interested in either building my bankroll or selling my seat.. Just enjoy playing sats to try and get a cheap seat, I would use it in another event that"s all.. In past I have won seats on DTD etc and Leigh/Des have honoured my seat to an event I was able to attend.. In fact I won a seat to DTD worlds main event last season a sold it to my friend at at half price, so def not trying to rob fellow APAT members..

Would never suggest such a thing.

Obviously, if arrangements CAN be made (due to unforeseen circumstances) then that"s fine (subject to Des/Tighty approval).

As I said, entering and winning a seat in a satellite for a particular event that you KNOW you can"t attend is depriving another APATer the opportunity to do the same and that"s just not what APAT is about IMO.

Look at it this way...

Player A is a Coventry local who can"t attend any other event for a number of reasons.

He fancies his chances of satelliting in and finishes just one place short to someone who isn"t going to attend.

He"s now in the position of having been "done" out of a cheap seat by someone who won"t even be going....does that seem fair?

Obviously this isn"t aimed at anyone in particular...it"s just a hypothetical, just my opinion...and others may disagree.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 20:24:47 PM by Paulie_D »

DingDong

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 18:59:20 PM »
excuse my ignorance but how do i get the password?

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 19:10:16 PM »

excuse my ignorance but how do i get the password?

apatmember Andrew.  You may be only able to out the first 8 characters in thou.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

DingDong

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 19:11:19 PM »
thanks Des

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member

AllanD23

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 20:47:13 PM »
evening sir des of the court of the tight one, minor gripe...satellites are in the wrong order, really need to run the cheapest first, if i fail in that then i"d enter the dearer one next night and no doubt repeat for the wednesday one....i wouldn"t do that with the current set up where the dear ones are first so WH lose out...i"ll wait til wednesday, bubble as usual then won"t get the opportunity to play the other sats...
I see the same has been planned with the online champ sats too, maybe i"m missing something, does everybody else find it more appealing to have the dearer sats first?

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 21:04:47 PM »

evening sir des of the court of the tight one, minor gripe...satellites are in the wrong order, really need to run the cheapest first, if i fail in that then i"d enter the dearer one next night and no doubt repeat for the wednesday one....i wouldn"t do that with the current set up where the dear ones are first so WH lose out...i"ll wait til wednesday, bubble as usual then won"t get the opportunity to play the other sats...
I see the same has been planned with the online champ sats too, maybe i"m missing something, does everybody else find it more appealing to have the dearer sats first?

Interesting question Allan and I"d welcome feedback too. The current process offers increasingly less expensive options should you fail in the first or second satellites.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 21:15:51 PM »

Interesting question Allan and I"d welcome feedback too. The current process offers increasingly less expensive options should you fail in the first or second satellites.

Prefer it the way it is and has been for a long time.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 21:26:46 PM »
Never thought about it until now, but feel that it might make more sense to have the cheaper one first.... might get more runners, then perhaps some of those come back on the following nights to play again.  As it stands, people may still go for the cheaper one, and swerve the expensive ones.... but if they miss out in the cheaper one, they have no further opportunity.