Author Topic: ECOAP - European Championship Of Amateur Poker - Discussion  (Read 146482 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: ECOAP European Team Selection
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2012, 15:34:55 PM »
I disagree completely Paulie. It"s a team competition, and every team will have the same number of players in each round - four, and can only score the same number of points per round as every other team.  One player from a team of five will always be excluded during each round. So, why should one team therefore contribute more to the overall prizepool than another team?

It"s more likely that the Eng, Ire, Wal, Sco, teams will have five players whilst other teams have four, due to the mandate to pick the highest scoring online league player.  

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2012, 15:45:13 PM »
Yes, I"m with Steve on this.  Every team has the option of naming a squad of 5 if they wish, however we won"t require them to have 5.  4 players can only contribute at any one point and for that reason the entry fee per team is £400 + £40.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2012, 15:49:07 PM »

It"s more likely that the Eng, Ire, Wal, Sco, teams will have five players whilst other teams have four, due to the mandate to pick the highest scoring online league player. 

As I recall the highest scoring player is guaranteed a place...not that they will play.

I think the number of players per round are irrelevant..if you have a deeper squad you have an advantage over those who DON"T have a team of 5.

I suppose, in an ideal world, it would make sense for every team to field of squad of 5 but that wasn"t the mandate.

EDIT: However, Des has spoken. :)

“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2012, 16:02:41 PM »

As I recall the highest scoring player is guaranteed a place...not that they will play.

A little irrelevant really. Wouldn"t be very fair to have someone end up being the highest scoring player, get a "place" in the squad, turn up at DTD having paid hotel and travel costs, and then not get a game.  

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2012, 16:13:55 PM »

Wouldn"t be very fair to have someone end up being the highest scoring player, get a "place" in the squad, turn up at DTD having paid hotel and travel costs, and then not get a game. 

True...but I didn"t make the stipulation....I"m just clarifying stating that it"s there. :)
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

kohan

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2012, 19:22:49 PM »

The entry fee per player for the event will be £100 + £10 and there will be a fee for two international shirts of around £30.

Des - If a captain selects five players, will the team be required to pay 5 x £100 + £10 as they will have the advantage of an additional player ?

Secondly, if a team with five players finishes in a medal position, will that team be awarded five medals ?

it would only seem fair that if 5 players take part and the team reach medal positions that each player should receive a medal as they will have all paid similar amount for entry fee and hotel etc
2013 wcoap  heads up bronze medalist
2013 home internatiols team event silver medalist
2014  online english silver medalist
2015  wcoap team event silver medalist
2016  wcoap  7 card stud silver medalist
2016european c/ships bronze medalist
2017  uk team c/ship  gold medalist

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2012, 19:28:30 PM »
it would only seem fair that if 5 players take part and the team reach medal positions that each player should receive a medal as they will have all paid similar amount for entry fee and hotel etc

I thought it was kind of a rhetorical question tbh, everyone just ignored that half of the post  ;)
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2012, 19:58:32 PM »
Sorry missed the second half!  Yes, five medals will be made available.

cundallini

• Bronze Member
Re: ECOAP - European Championship Of Amateur Poker - Discussion
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2012, 15:41:57 PM »
Hi Des,

Can I please request that you let us know as soon as possible the details of when and how we can buy in.

I"ve booked hotel already and would like to reg for every event as early as possible :)

I"m treating this as my mini world series europe!

Can"t wait.
Ben
Deuces never looses

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2012, 16:06:24 PM »

Hi Des,

Can I please request that you let us know as soon as possible the details of when and how we can buy in.

I"ve booked hotel already and would like to reg for every event as early as possible :)

I"m treating this as my mini world series europe!

Can"t wait.
Ben

Will do Ben.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: ECOAP International Team Captains
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »
I"m pleased to announce the addition of France and APAT first timers Malta to the tournament draw.

The French team will be entered by the French Poker Federation and will be announced shortly.

The Maltese team will be captained by Patrick Mifsud Tommasi.

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2012, 10:53:27 AM »

I"m pleased to announce the addition of France and APAT first timers Malta to the tournament draw.

The French team will be entered by the French Poker Federation and will be announced shortly.

Great news on both counts !
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2012, 20:33:32 PM »

Great news on both counts !

+1, great news  :)
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

nicholls999

« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2012, 16:22:19 PM »
Hi there im new to the site and am interested in playing at the nottingham event,i was just wanderin is it only for teams or can you enter as an idividual. If so which tournaments are they.

many thanks

sam

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2012, 18:42:21 PM »