Author Topic: APAT Staking Exchange - Discussion  (Read 107250 times)

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT Staking Board
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2012, 15:06:02 PM »

The post count number would be purely arbitrary and I think 300 is probably too high for APAT. I don"t know what the average is but my guess is that 50 - 100 would serve.

Of course anyone asking for a stake should be able to produce verifiable evidence of results.

Good guess Paulie, just done a quick database query.

For those members who have posted (postcount > 0) then the average is 56.74 per member x

No idea how to do this, but try searching for >10 and weed out the very new and the ones who posted once or twice and then went dormant...

We have the technology Sir....

For members who have posted > 10 then the average amongst that happy bunch is 237.22 per member x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2012, 15:36:11 PM »

For members who have posted > 10 then the average amongst that happy bunch is 237.22 per member x

Although I brought the subject of averages up...it"s not really a meaningful statistic.

It"s the number of users covering each "band" of posting ranges.  I"ve got over 3500 but I"m hardly representative.

If you could tell us how many users there are for say:

50+
100+
200+
300+

I think that would be more relevant.

My guess is that the VAST majority have less than 200.

Factor in the ones who posted a lot a long time ago (Kinfishi) and then went away...and the number of possible user able to participate would go WAAAY down.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2012, 15:42:36 PM »

Although I brought the subject of averages up...it"s not really a meaningful statistic.

It"s the number of users covering each "band" of posting ranges.  I"ve got over 3500 but I"m hardly representative.

50+
100+
200+
300+

Factor in the ones who posted a lot a long time ago (Kinfishi) and then went away...and the number of possible user able to participate would go WAAAY down.

This is detail and as you said yourself a couple of times earlier Paulie, not really on topic atm.

So far the vast majority seem in favour.  Anyone against?
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

ck1888

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2012, 15:46:14 PM »
I have wanted to stake John Murray a couple of times but money wasn"t involved  8)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2012, 15:51:05 PM »

This is detail and as you said yourself a couple of times earlier Paulie, not really on topic atm.

Yeah, I know. Every time I think I"m out, they drag me back in!

JFDI  ;D

Two Child Boards of "General Poker" ?
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2012, 16:37:57 PM »
I believe it to be a good idea, APAT going forward with the times.. I think it"s pretty safe to say most if not all APAT regs are trustworthy.
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

stone

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2012, 16:38:41 PM »

50+
100+
200+
300+

I"ll put myself in the stocks for the rotton Tomatoes!

My possibly outdated personal view is that I"m not keen on staking at all. Surely an APAT consideration needs to be how to grow players skills and to me Bank-roll mgt is a key skill. I worry that staking is seen as some sort of short cut to playing higher, I just dont believe its sustainable in the long run.

Just to be clear I"m ok with % swapping amongst friends its fun and I guess if you do bink a sat into a biggy, selling some off aint bad either.

Geo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2012, 17:25:19 PM »

50+
100+
200+
300+

I"ll put myself in the stocks for the rotton Tomatoes!

My possibly outdated personal view is that I"m not keen on staking at all. Surely an APAT consideration needs to be how to grow players skills and to me Bank-roll mgt is a key skill. I worry that staking is seen as some sort of short cut to playing higher, I just dont believe its sustainable in the long run.

Just to be clear I"m ok with % swapping amongst friends its fun and I guess if you do bink a sat into a biggy, selling some off aint bad either.

Would bankroll management not also include costs for travelling and accommodation when related to APAT events?

Living in Scotland for example hinders the amount of events I and others can attend throughout the year. It may well be the case for other areas also.

Peronally I think the staking boards could work well within APAT. I have used blonde as both a stakee and staker. In some cases the individual has satted in and the staking actually helps them cover the additional costs as noted above. This has never really caused any problems that I"ve seen.

This year I am unlikely to be able to attend any events apart from Scotland, however I have kept an interest by buying pieces of action from others.

Geo

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2012, 19:21:41 PM »

I have wanted to stake John Murray a couple of times but money wasn"t involved  8)

+1
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2012, 20:20:32 PM »

+1

stop trying to raise your number of votes so you can get staked!!!
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

MikeSlee

• The one , the only Si1verSku11
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2012, 20:28:59 PM »
I think this would be a very good idea.  I am not always in a position to take part in all the tourneys that I want, and have often considered perhaps staking another.  Doing this in a controlled manner through the APAT forums would be great.

Plus the fact I have large piles of cash to invest in a suitable poker player  :)

MikeSlee

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2012, 20:29:55 PM »

I think this would be a very good idea.  I am not always in a position to take part in all the tourneys that I want, and have often considered perhaps staking another.  Doing this in a controlled manner through the APAT forums would be great.

Plus the fact I have large piles of cash to invest in a suitable poker player  :)

The bit about the large piles of cash, may not be entirely true

MikeSlee

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2012, 20:31:01 PM »

and this is not a completely obvious attempt to up my post count without just putting LOL or +1 in a post

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2012, 21:56:43 PM »

and this is not a completely obvious attempt to up my post count without just putting LOL or +1 in a post

282 more to go  ;D
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2012, 21:58:14 PM »
Completely in favour.

As long as people realise that they are private deals and APAT aren"t involved in any way at all.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]