Author Topic: APAT Staking Exchange - Discussion  (Read 106695 times)

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Re: APAT Staking Board
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2012, 22:02:42 PM »
I am in favor of an APAT Staking Board.
There is a community spirit that already exists, so this will enhance it in my opinion.

I am always impressed by the admin and mods attitude to fairness and integrity. This was highlighted recently in the discussions surrounding regional teams competing in the National Online League.
With this in mind I am confident that the ground rules will be well thought out and implemented.
I am also aware that APAT won"t be held responsible in the unlikely event of default.
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2012, 22:53:42 PM »
Ok I only read the first few pages, i"ll go back and read the rest after I get my tuppence in... I think staking has become a massive aspect of poker in the past year in both proffessional and amateur players. I think it"s a great idea to allow it without restricting it to non APAT tournies. As mentioned the community in APAT is strong and I wouldn"t forsee any issues between parties with the rules in the 2nd post in place. Also the staking or SAPs/BAPs may allow players to participate who wouldn"t normally afford to.

In reply to paulies initial thoughts, it"s an interesting point but I wouldn"t imagine any collusion or different play against a staked player in the same tourny as the stakee. I have came across this in a couple of tournies I have personally sold action for and have not felt my investors treated me any different at the tables. I think with the sense of community/competition between APAT members there would be no issues on that front. But maybe as a precaution it could be put in the rules that you guys running the show must be notified of any said parties involved with each other in the same tourny before it starts.

All in all my initial thought is yes, it"s a great idea.

On a side note... I manage another forum who allows free staking ads but charges a % of any winnings if any, i.e. 2-5%, to the forum which is then used by the forum to offer stakes for others or put on freerolls ect. ect.. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 23:17:41 PM by Sef »
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2012, 23:16:55 PM »
Yep after reading the rest I pretty much agree with it all. It"s a private deal between players and investors and APAT cannot be held responsible for any disputes. A template contract type paragraph written up to go with the stake request should cover the legal side of things something like "I so&so promise to pay any winnings within x amount of time ect." but getting a bit ahead again. With the right ground rules in place it"s defo a winner. Oh and as for the post count thing it would need to strict on lesser known members I think.
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2012, 00:13:17 AM »

I have wanted to stake John Murray a couple of times but money wasn"t involved  8)

+1

stop trying to raise your number of votes so you can get staked!!!

England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2012, 00:17:37 AM »

I have wanted to stake John Murray a couple of times but money wasn"t involved  8)

+1

stop trying to raise your number of votes so you can get staked!!!

like  ;D
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

MikeSlee

• The one , the only Si1verSku11
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2012, 13:29:09 PM »

I think this would be a very good idea.  I am not always in a position to take part in all the tourneys that I want, and have often considered perhaps staking another.  Doing this in a controlled manner through the APAT forums would be great.

Plus the fact I have large piles of cash to invest in a suitable poker player  :)

The bit about the large piles of cash, may not be entirely true

and this is not a completely obvious attempt to up my post count without just putting LOL or +1 in a post

282 more to go  ;D

281 :o

kevod85

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2012, 14:17:04 PM »
Staking sounds like another good way for me to loose money gambling :) gets my vote!
APAT Welsh Amateur Championship 2012 Bronze Medal

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2012, 14:50:45 PM »
Just think it all depends but I think it may take the largest amount of "modding" than any other part of the site.

With decent guidelines etc it should work ok, maybe introduce it on a trial basis?
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2012, 15:07:04 PM »

Just think it all depends but I think it may take the largest amount of "modding" than any other part of the site.

With decent guidelines etc it should work ok, maybe introduce it on a trial basis?

The only "modding" that would be required would be to stamp on any flaming / abuse etc.

I would hope that other members of the community would comment about whether a particular offering / deal was good value or not but that would NOT be a Moderator function.

In the end, the overriding factor is that every deal is offered &/or taken at the staker"s own risk and it is entirely up to them whether it is +EV / ~EV / -EV for the participants.

APAT, I am sure, would not wish to get into that area other than offering Guidelines as per those on blonde.

“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Sugarnes

• Bronze Member
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2012, 15:59:35 PM »
Seems like a very sound idea to me. Not least because I find blonde a bit big and scary and I reckon it"d be fun!

Also strongly agree with the posts about enlivening and drawing new people into the forum. My personal fave chains were the "what you playing tonight" ones with updates and real shared excitement when someone went deep - one of those things no doubt, but they are now all too infrequent - this could give that kind of thing a boost.

Two-penneth on other stuff - could consider simple matrix so 300 posts or 100 + 2 live or 4 online APAT events etc. Also if any anxiety about that bar and other stuff (though none to little thusfar it seems) could mitigate somewhat with v.high bar for 6 months let it bed in check the world doesn"t end then drop it presuming people are agreeable.

David

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2012, 16:36:40 PM »

Not least because I find blonde a bit big and scary

Brunettes ftw

If we get it up quick enough do we still have time to stake Des into the WSOP One Drop?

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2012, 16:37:41 PM »
I think it can only add to what APAt already offers. Good idea imho.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2012, 16:41:06 PM »

Brunettes ftw

If we get it up quick enough do we still have time to stake Des into the WSOP One Drop?

Damn, you"ve seen through my cunning plan.... ;)
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2012, 16:42:38 PM »

Brunettes ftw

Sorry...ginggers rule. Ask Des!  ;D
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

poker_jason

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2012, 20:38:09 PM »
Summary for Des/Paulie - YES.  :)

Okay, In favour of this. I"m only really involved in 2 forums and it would be great to be able to ask/give staking on those 2 forums. Most of this goes on behind the scenes so why not bring into the open so to speak. (I primarily ask)

The post count is kinda of weird. Under some of the proposed numbers 100/300 I currently wouldn"t qualify whilst it was quite probably someone who posts frequently would meet the post qualification regardless of the amount of online or live APAT tourneys played. (My live count is 6 - I think, JAPAT isn"t official,  :o) - according to my profile I"m a new member. I just don"t feel the need to post / have the time.

Am I more/less reliable than the high frequency poster? I do understand however that you have to put the criteria somewhere.

I really like the idea of the template (just so you can structure the arrangements in a uniform way which people can easily follow).

I think the detail - markups/EV/stats is really between those asking and staking. (Afterall most of the people on here believe that they can beat at least 50% of the players in any poker room yet we choose to all get together 6 or more times a year in said poker room! I question our decision making process when it comes to finding a good spot ;))

I think one of the principles in poker (and staking/swopping percentages is part of that) is never put up more than you can afford and are prepared to lose. That said we"re a fairly swell bunch - I know I"d rather do business with the people I"ve met through APAT than another well known large (US) forum.

See you at the next APAT.