Author Topic: Loser's Ink - The Jaxie Towers' 10k Challenge  (Read 94626 times)

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
Re: Loser's Ink - The Jaxie Towers' Weight Loss Challenge
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2012, 09:52:31 AM »

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2012, 10:23:49 AM »
Sigh.  Doubles or quits?

I propose a 10k run in February or March.   ;D  

We can set up a "just giving" page to go with it for some charity or other.  Well?  Or are ya chicken?!  

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2012, 10:24:50 AM »

Sigh.  Doubles or quits?

I propose a 10k run in February or March.   ;D  

We can set up a "just giving" page to go with it for some charity or other.  Well?  Or are ya chicken?!  

^^^ what a great idea  ;)

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2012, 11:09:57 AM »

Well done us - both winners obv, just me a little moreso :)

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!! Well done both of you fantastic achievement. Over 60lbs just wow.

Mucho love to my man Jack. Never in doubt!  :-*

Rob - I know we agreed this already at ChezGer.. but please put my £10 to a charity of Jack or Dawns choice please x

Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Laxie

• Platinum Member
Re: Loser's Ink - The Jaxie Towers' 10k Challenge
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2012, 11:54:58 AM »
Hang tight on charity donations Lads because it"s official....

The challenge continues!!!

We"re currently looking through the list of 10k races and will either pick one now...or wait until January when Jack reckons more might be announced.  Personally, I"d rather just pick one now so I"ve got something to focus on.  I"ll break him down before the day is out on that side of things, don"t worry.  lol

We also need to pick a charity.  Once we"ve that done, a joint "Just Giving" page will be set up in hopes of raising more together, besides splitting it all up. 

Winner is the one who finishes the race in shortest time.  If he wins, the tattoo still happens with video of said event.  If I win, tattoo parlours everywhere celebrate their luck at swerving a visit from Laxie.  :D

There"s been one change, however.  If I lose, I get to pick the style of tattoo.  Neither of us has ever had one before, so it was a pretty daft thing to agree in the first place, but at least now it doesn"t have to be a fkn Leicester Tigers tattoo.  lol

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2012, 12:03:09 PM »
Rob, please donate my £10 winnings to the Just Giving page once its set up.

and if you are running a book on this event then I"ll have £10 on Dawn please.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2012, 12:10:59 PM »
I"ve not properly run in 22 years!  Back in the day, I was on the track/cross country, basketball and soccer teams for my High School.  Also played baseball for a NYC pub in my late teens/early 20"s.  Then the kids came along and I stopped the lot.  Sure, there was the odd Mother"s Race at community games and yeah...I crushed it every year.  But running a quick 100 metres isn"t the same as this and I"m definitely going to have to work hard to prepare for it. 

I was thinking of running in January or February.  Jack was thinking more along the lines of April or May to get over Christmas indulgences.  May will be too hot imo.  We"ve compromised and agreed March or April.  Let the games begin!!!

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2012, 12:41:16 PM »
I"ve always been "big-boned" so to speak but put it to good use playing rugby from the age of 11 upto 28 when I stopped playing shamefully early due to buying a house and not having the spare cash to throw 20 pints down my neck on a Saturday evening! I was a prop forward but there weren"t many of my size that were faster in a straight line.

The only other running I"ve done is Sport Aid back in "85(?) when I ran most of the 10k :)

When I lost 7 stone back in 2009 I did do a tiny bit of running on my way to the loss, possibly running as far as a mile and a half before deciding walking was better weight loss exercise :)

I"m reasonably fit now and can walk 15 to 20 miles at a decent pace with no problem. Running won"t come as easy to me but it WILL come.

Bit disappointed SirPerceval has jumped ship, he should know better. So long as I keep My Phil onside then I"m happy. There can be only one outcome.

No defeat. No surrender.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2012, 13:01:09 PM »
Yay!!!  He doesn"t "do" running so much.  That"s most excellent news.   :D

shug

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2012, 13:29:45 PM »
Good job both of you. How about separate just giving pages and a competition on who raises the most.
2012 Home International Team Championships Gold Medal Winner... SCOTLAND

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2012, 13:35:49 PM »

Good job both of you. How about separate just giving pages and a competition on who raises the most.

Not gonna happen.  I"ve intentionally said we"ll do a joint account to raise as much as possible for one good cause through all this madness.  The competition side of things comes from the race on the day.   :)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2012, 14:06:28 PM »

Bit disappointed SirPerceval has jumped ship, he should know better. So long as I keep My Phil onside then I"m happy. There can be only one outcome.

Didn"t wish to get in the way of the bromance.

Anyway, I have inside information on Dawn and her running abilities.

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #162 on: October 08, 2012, 17:21:41 PM »
Contact Joobs. She is planning on a run (cant remember if it"s 5k or 10k) on 31st March. And its an absolute corker, not just a straight run...

It"s called the Witches something and is in Lancaster...
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: October 08, 2012, 17:31:20 PM »

Contact Joobs. She is planning on a run (cant remember if it"s 5k or 10k) on 31st March. And its an absolute corker, not just a straight run...

It"s called the Witches something and is in Lancaster...

Sounds frigging bonkers if this is it!! http://race-calendar.com/the-witches-revenge-10km-obstacle-race-salt-ayre-leisure-centre-lancaster-united-kingdom-on-31-march-2013/36339

Having done a few "runs" I recommend ones where its all downhill and ones with pubs. Presume you"ll both be in fancy dress as well?  ;D

*edit* this one sounds good.. and must be closeish for you both?

http://race-calendar.com/runners-world-trailblazer-clumber-park-clumber-park-worksop-nottinghamshire-united-kingdom-on-18-may-2013/42295

xx
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 17:37:37 PM by PHIL_TC »
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: October 08, 2012, 18:18:00 PM »
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013