Author Topic: Local live event stake request SOLD OUT  (Read 17216 times)

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
Re: Local live event stake request SOLD OUT
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2012, 01:22:53 AM »

Maybe check back turn and go for value/bluff catch on the river if you were bet folding the turn?

I thought about that but wanted to know where i was. In hindsight that would have been a better plan.

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
Re: Local live event stake request SOLD OUT
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2012, 01:46:51 AM »

I don"t think you should call, Suzanne. As played, he has c/c the flop and c/r the turn. Remember it was a 5-way flop, so more likely your monster pair will be outdrawn. And he was happy to go to the flop 5-way oop, so it"s hard to put him on that over-pair that you are beating. If you call, he will have caused himself to go to the river oop in a huge pot. It doesn"t look good for you.

I think there is more to this hand than that, though. What would you want him to do when you make those bets of 550 and, say, 1200 - call or fold? Second to act out of five with one big pair on a nothing flop that has hardly any draws, you are either way ahead or way behind and likely to stay whichever way it is. There are a few ways that someone could overtake you on the turn or river, but not many. This isn"t the time for big bets. Betting half the pot or less on the flop might keep weaker hands in, and cost you less if you are behind. On the turn, we then have the same scenario, but with a less-inflated pot, so if we bet or call, it will be for a smaller amount. A 1200 bet here would be too big imo (as played on the flop). Your 750 is much better (possibly with a check behind on the river), or you could check behind on the turn and value-bet the river or call if he bets it. If you are winning I can"t see you getting 3 streets of value here.

I never thought at any stage he had a big hand. My first thought was he has 45 and flopped the nuts. If he had a big hand he would have reraised pre. Only other possibility was that he had AJ/KJ/QJ and called because everyone else folded to see the turn but even that didnt make sense, why reraise when he hit the jack as i could possibly have QQ/KK/AA. I think he had at least 2 pair.

As you said John I am either miles in front or way behind, the 750 was a feeler bet to find out where I was as it just felt bad. My thoughts at the time though were ....was that bet too small and he maybe bullied me off the pot. Us ladies get a lot of that you know ;)