Author Topic: Noble Thoughts of a Sealander  (Read 23879 times)

Starshine

• Silver Member
Re: Noble Thoughts of a Sealander
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 14:46:07 PM »
no worries Paulie, I change it to black just for you

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2013, 14:49:23 PM »
I lost my dad recently and it looks like I will lose my father-in-law soon. It never hit me very hard but seemed to affect my wife more. I can understand how you are feeling and I think I will understand more when my wifes father passes away. It will really hurt to see my wife so sad. We never forget and never really fully recover from a close loss but with time we do get over other peoples poor reactions to your loss. We seem to be in a faceless society now where people are more easy sending condolences via Facebook and Twitter rather than actually speaking to you face to face. If you are not able to offer strength personally when it is needed then don"t do it at all..
I am sorry to hear about what has happened recently and I really only logged onto this thread as I thought it was going to be about the upcoming charity football match with the Allstars v Sealand
http://www.fulhamfc.com/tickets/misc/fulham-all-stars-v-sealand-all-stars
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2013, 15:03:20 PM »

I lost my dad recently and it looks like I will lose my father-in-law soon. It never hit me very hard but seemed to affect my wife more. I can understand how you are feeling and I think I will understand more when my wifes father passes away. It will really hurt to see my wife so sad. We never forget and never really fully recover from a close loss but with time we do get over other peoples poor reactions to your loss. We seem to be in a faceless society now where people are more easy sending condolences via Facebook and Twitter rather than actually speaking to you face to face. If you are not able to offer strength personally when it is needed then don"t do it at all..
I am sorry to hear about what has happened recently and I really only logged onto this thread as I thought it was going to be about the upcoming charity football match with the Allstars v Sealand
http://www.fulhamfc.com/tickets/misc/fulham-all-stars-v-sealand-all-stars

I am sorry to hear about your loss  :"( my thoughts are with you and your wife. I shall light a candle for your father in law :-(

Sorry for disappointing you with not going bout upcoming football matches ;-) but I have to admit I am not this much of a football fan. And if so more with german teams ;-)

With Sealand what I would really like if not only some football clubs accept them, but if APAT would as well except Sealand as a team (nation), because this would be really great fun, and I would honestly like it if there was Sealand at a apat team nations cup. Not even knowing if i would be in the team, but still would like it. BUT this will never happen and makes me feel a bit like Don Quichotte fighting windmills ;-)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2013, 18:27:36 PM »
You have had a lot of heartache lately, but I wouldn"t be too hard on people who offer you condolences that you feel are not adequate. Most people do not really know what to say for the best in these situations, so they just do what they can. A well-known APAT member lost his father recently and I posted a message that I thought was totally inadequate compared with what I wanted to express, but I couldn"t think of something better. I would hope, though, that he didn"t think it was just shot off without any meaning, and I"m sure he didn"t. I would imagine that your friends want to communicate something to you but, like most people, are not skilled in this area.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2013, 18:29:48 PM »
Thoughts are with you Gina, huge hugs xx
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2013, 19:55:19 PM »
As per my messages last night .... thinking of you and lots of hugs and love for you.

Memories are such sweet treasures and will remain with us always .... keep remembering the happy parts of their lives and the joy they gave to others, and blow your kisses to the sky for them xxx
Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2013, 21:49:18 PM »

You have had a lot of heartache lately, but I wouldn"t be too hard on people who offer you condolences that you feel are not adequate. Most people do not really know what to say for the best in these situations, so they just do what they can. A well-known APAT member lost his father recently and I posted a message that I thought was totally inadequate compared with what I wanted to express, but I couldn"t think of something better. I would hope, though, that he didn"t think it was just shot off without any meaning, and I"m sure he didn"t. I would imagine that your friends want to communicate something to you but, like most people, are not skilled in this area.

Oh I do count this in, this is not what I meant, no one really is skilled in this area, so i not make a fuss bout the words really, but snappy is snappy and this was just new to me and quite shocking, bit awful actually when you are just grieving and have to defend yourself that you do. But it helps really, better getting upset than sad ;-)

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2013, 21:50:28 PM »
I hope that I say don"t have to say following sentence again for a very long time

Thank you all for your condolences  :-*

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2013, 02:21:31 AM »

Oh I do count this in, this is not what I meant, no one really is skilled in this area, so i not make a fuss bout the words really, but snappy is snappy and this was just new to me and quite shocking, bit awful actually when you are just grieving and have to defend yourself that you do. But it helps really, better getting upset than sad ;-)

I am currently going through this ( think i am who John is talking about) and i personally found every single message that someone has taken the time to send me utterly humbling.

For me, knowing that there are people out there who are thinking about me and my family is a massive comfort to me.

I am sending you all the thoughts and prayers i can. Its hard, and you sound like you are doing as much as you can.

Remember the love you felt. That is all that matters.

Huge love to you. Will be thinking of you over the coming days x
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2013, 03:08:12 AM »

I am currently going through this ( think i am who John is talking about) and i personally found every single message that someone has taken the time to send me utterly humbling.

For me, knowing that there are people out there who are thinking about me and my family is a massive comfort to me.

I am sending you all the thoughts and prayers i can. Its hard, and you sound like you are doing as much as you can.

Awwwwwwwwww thank you ever so much for your kind words when you yourself are in the same situation. I am ever so sorry to hear this, my thoughts will be with you and my prayers. I shall light a candle for you and your dad tomorrow when I go to church

xxx

Yes all nice words I find incredible touching. I am easy to please actually, a normal sorry is already making me i don"t know feel less alone.

So please do all not think i am unthankful, the situation i talked about was no nice words, and was not a sorry. Was being told off sort of to be sad for my granddad as he was old and i should have expected this. And therefor with having expected it no reason to be sad as it is normal in a certain age.
Just to make this clear, otherwise I might seem like a selfish and unthankful brat

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2013, 03:19:31 AM »

Awwwwwwwwww thank you ever so much for your kind words when you yourself are in the same situation. I am ever so sorry to hear this, my thoughts will be with you and my prayers. I shall light a candle for you and your dad tomorrow when I go to church

xxx

Yes all nice words I find incredible touching. I am easy to please actually, a normal sorry is already making me i don"t know feel less alone.

So please do all not think i am unthankful, the situation i talked about was no nice words, and was not a sorry. Was being told off sort of to be sad for my granddad as he was old and i should have expected this. And therefor with having expected it no reason to be sad as it is normal in a certain age.
Just to make this clear, otherwise I might seem like a selfish and unthankful brat

Thankyou, i really appreciate that :)

You dont sound like a brat. You have been through a horrid time, and you have every right to be as  upset as you need to be, no one can tell you any different :) x
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2013, 11:58:35 AM »
Thoughts about Poker for a change  ;) I currently have some sleeping problems, probably due to all the happenings, so last nite I thought I play some poker, better than rolling around in bed all time from one side to the other. As I did not know how my mind is with poker at the moment, i did not really wanted to waste my money.

And due to this I finally found the what i think for me best way to use points on stars. I am gold player and i had 12041 points. Which of course I could have got me tickets for tourneys and hoped not to mess them. I as well could have gone in shop and cashed them into bonus. Which would have been 1 gold, 2 silver and 1 bronze which would have given me a bonus of 135 dollar. So this is not really great as well.

So i had a try with the fpp sit and goes as i do them occassionally. The satellites for the Sunday Storm. There is a turbo 210 points buy in, 20 players = 6 seats. And hypers 6players, 235 points buy in = 2 seats. Plus the 3rd gets 10 points.  :D

I did a mix of both, normally i hate turbos and hypers even more. In the past I was better in the turbo than in the hyper, not so last nite. I played all points down, well kept me 100 for the 30K weekly silver tourney which needs 100 points buy in. So I have played 52 games (9 turbos, the rest hyper). I won 21 of them. Became 3rd 13 times lol and got 10 points each. So I made 231 tourney dollars. Which is better than the 135 dollars i would have got when cash out.
Most of it I sold for 99.5% and cashed out, some I kept in the account for playing.

So I think I will keep this way for using my points up as it seems the most profitable to me. Even though I was a bit or still am frustrated that I only won 21 out of 52 games.   >:( But still it was a profit, so that"s ok.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 14:01:28 PM by Starshine »

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2013, 11:53:12 AM »
My Birthday is this Sunday and this year it is a bit an odd one, lot of thoughts going through my mind with it. First I feel bit odd with celebrating with all the losses I had in the last 11 month.
Than on the other hand I think I should celebrate at least with my mum and granny as it is most likely the last birthday I can celebrate with them, with moving or starting to move to England in September. I will be a bit like a traveller the first couple of month this is why it is more a starting to move. I go in September, be back in November for 3 weeks about as I promised my Granny to be with her a while as she has something done with her eyes. Than I go again and be back in February/March really long. And as I "move" twice, first just to Chadwell Heath, but we going to move to Westcliff (already had started to look for houses there) when we finally have the house, i will again be a few weeks in germany to prepare all my stuff for moving. But in all this planning being here in July is very unlikely. So it is a bit sad as well that it will very likely my last bday in Germany.

The fun thing about my Birthday is that really every year I get asked by family and friends if I have wishes for present. And every year I say no all fine, perhaps a book if at all. Now  :D for the first time that I really, really, really very desperately have a certain wish - guess what? No one is asking  :D Is a bit like Murphys law really. I, like most people, have dreams and one of them is attending some or lots  ;) classes with London Jewellery School. As I found out they sell gift vouchers, I checked with them even if it is possible for a student to use multiple vouchers, as they said yes and even very encouraging emailed me that I by no means would be there oldest student  ;) I thought, now this is great, I will just this year tell everyone who asks me about what i wish tell "Voucher please" as it makes it easiest and everyone can even go by his purse, give 1 pound, 5 pound whatever. But well of course Murphys law  :D so no vouchers :-(

As well, normally I am not really celebrating it much, just a dinner with friends - this year where I am a bit in an odd mood and not even know if I shall celebrate it,  it seems like a lot people suddenly want to spend my birthday with me, well now that I type this it makes sense  ;) as they know that I move  ;)

So this currently is my mood, not much time for poker atm, as I am a bit in a madhouse, I keep my munich flat, due to being cheap and my flatmate stays. But I decorate it to be all nice, and all proper before i go. (having a nice holiday flat than  :D) so I am between working 60 hours and decorating, so when work is not to busy as I am having a pc job :-) i play bit poker besides work, but that"s bout it. Once all is done here, I will play a bit more, and I am looking forward, well should I still than know how to play  :D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 12:02:36 PM by Starshine »

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2013, 12:10:00 PM »
Happy birthday for Sunday Gina... and may all your dreams come true especially with the Jewellery school. I"m sure Des could always "bling" up those WCOAP bracelets  ;D
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2013, 22:30:30 PM »
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep