Author Topic: Noble Thoughts of a Sealander  (Read 23659 times)

Starshine

• Silver Member
Noble Thoughts of a Sealander
« on: October 21, 2012, 18:46:32 PM »
Well here I am, I wasn"t really sure bout a blog, but always when the blogthingi tourney on stars (wbcoop) comes up i think oh i should get me a blog. So I was thinking again to get me one in time, but then was unsure as it won"t be much bout Poker, but Phil said, "don"t worry look at my blog"

So what will my blog be about? Well a lot of things actually

Poker = No moaning bout bad beats, as I hate moaning. I might brag a bit though when I make others cry in their beer, like I did by example in the online knockout cup  ;)

Life, yes it will be a lot about life, sad things, funny things

Goals I have, and I do have a lot goals for next year, like moving to England, moving within the Uk (which includes looking for a nice place, setting up the garden the way I want and so on), or taking part in the Cork Street Open Exhibiton Competition

Things I really, really like or am nearly obsessed with (dont worry there will never be a post about ironing even though i am obsessed with ironing  ;) )  so by example Art (the one i do myself and perhaps artists i like), cooking, baking, music, herbals (well they go probably with gardening), hobbycraft stuff and of course books, i really love reading and have nearly a little library at home

and most likely a few or a lot things i have not mentioned so far

To explain the title of this blog  :) the following post will be a document I have  :)

Starshine

• Silver Member
Re: Noble Thoughts of a Sealander
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 18:47:07 PM »
Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 19:28:06 PM »
Ralph Little plays for your National Football team....
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 19:38:35 PM »

Ralph Little plays for your National Football team....

Yes he played in the match against Chagos Islands

what I really would like if we would not only have a National Football Team, but a national poker team as well  ;)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:06:09 AM by Starshine »

Scousebill

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 20:00:24 PM »
Ralph Little also played in the 1-1 draw with Alderney.. I"m not sure if he scored in the penalty shoot out but Sealand won and lifted the Bavaria Cup as victors...
Yes.. a poker team would be a novelty...

Twitter @APATBillShep

Scousebill

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 20:21:30 PM »
Starshine... Did you pay £200 for that...?

Twitter @APATBillShep

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 10:47:48 AM »

Starshine... Did you pay £200 for that...?

no lol not at all
well first I payed nothing as it was a birthday present from my Andy few years ago,
and it was 30 pounds, the title for 200 is a different title higher then a baroness is for count or countess, but I am pleased with being a baroness so I not need to be a countess. I might have a go and get me the id card though, as I think this is very funny and it costs just 25 pounds which lol is even less then i have to pay here for my id card all however many years when it needs to get reviewed

Would they found a national poker team and well take me for it ;-) I would even buy some "land"  :D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:06:41 AM by Starshine »

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 11:05:41 AM »
so this week won"t be much about poker, as I simply not much time to play. I was quite happy so that yesterday I at least reached the points just so and with nearly no chips anymore in the online league hooray, not that it was much helpfull for my team  :"(

But this week it will be a lot working (and yes i do play poker while working  ;) but mainly coolers, and there is really nothing much to say bout coolers except there nice, easy to go, and only bout sitting tight  :D)

and besides working I have to focus on a sad point in my life, which is not easy, but has to be done. My dear neighbour who was my neighbour  for 25 years died after suffering with her illness and lot of pain on September 23rd. It was still a shock even though we have the last few month known she been ill, even though i was sitting on her last day 7 hours with her, but this is my mind having hope till the last moment. So I am going through a lot of things with my mind currently. The thing is that even though we been neighbours so long and had really good contact we never have been in each others flat. One day we even put chairs in our doors and sat there and had a gossip but never went to visit us in flat. This changed when she finally sort off stopped hiding she is ill. Not that she was very successful with hiding the last one and a half years as I did notice, but she never spoke about. In her last few weeks she still not spoke, but finally let me help. So this been the time I fist time was in her flat, not looked much around though as I was focused on her. And now I am there daily. She not has family in Munich, her niece and sister come from a different part in bavaria so it is for granted that I help them with things.
Which gives me in times a complete new impression of my neighbour. Not in a bad way so. i have known she is helpful, always there for others, patient and so on. But now is the other things, like music i would not have expected or books and so on. It is like I go a deeper level in getting to know her, and it feels bit odd as there is no quid pro quo for it.
So I actually even started talking with her when I am in her flat,
or well even in my flat, as oh dear she has so many things. So her family sort of urged me to take a lot, which made me feel bit bad as well.
so besides work i am busy with sorting things out in my place, finding place for her stuff after i fall a couple of times bout the china (not damaged god bless). I managed successfully not doing much the last two weeks, always found something else to do, but now it can"t be delayed anymore. Her flat needs to get done as the landlord wants it empty. And my flat needs urgently to look at least a bit less then a warzone.

So I actually wanted to start 3 hours ago, but instead i was sitting here making a plan in my mind, thinking around and saying to myself oh one more cigarette then i shall start.
But now right after this post I finally will start doing the sort outs, as in 6 hours I have to work, and her family come tomorrow and i promised till then to have few things out her flat. And what as well is important I get a good friend coming tomorrow (Wolfgang, or how I call him the wolferl) who is sort of my private craftsman lol. Not for free though but a good friendship prize. And I not want him to get a shock by my warzone. Due to moving I need to do things in my flat, which I will keep. Two reasons, first I have one room in my flat rented to my oldest and best friend called Gandalf or flattie (for flatmate), and second I pay the cheapest rent in whole munich so i would be silly to give it up. As I will come home for visits. But I feel bad to move without doing things before. So my Wolferl is coming tomorrow so that we can make a plan of what needs to be done (well i do know this but need to tell him), how much it will cost and when we or better him can do it.

So I shall be a busy bee now, and well later while i am working play a few coolers  ;)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:10:45 AM by Starshine »

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 11:11:07 AM »
Fantastic you"ve started a blog Gina.. look forward to updates  :-*
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Tiger-flash

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
  • East Midlands capt
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 16:01:07 PM »

Fantastic you"ve started a blog Gina.. look forward to updates  :-*
Agreed, keep it going Gina!
By the way, my online cup silver medal arrived today and loving it! hopefully first of many, will put picture on the facebook page  ;)
Apat Notts player of the season, season 5
Brookfield pub Redtooth champion
Darly Abbey pub champion

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 22:57:58 PM »
Poker today is quite funny,
I have a cold, since few weeks actually, but it was okish so far and on an okish level, finally this week i thought i got rid of it, till today it came fulley back, so i have a sore throat, my nose is stuffed, i am bit feverish and my ears are aching

So after working till 17, I laid down and when i woke up, i thought ok, i play a bit, so i did the loyality freeroll, my weekly ladies game, and the cash back on boss
the ladies game was nice, only at the moment we are not many playing it, 3 entrys and hooray i won it
I won a seat for the 25K on Sunday in the loyalty freeroll

and i am surprisingly still in the cash back, had 200 places, i was short when we been 200 left and currently i am 4th out of 28 left which is something I not even understand, as actually i play like a donk, as i am fine with the result and at the moment feel quite bad, so i really, really want to go to bed, but every time i just go all in I double, so I am curious where this donking will lead me to in the end

finished the tourney on 8th, which is well ok, as i did not donk much as soon we reached final table, but i think i can be pleased
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 23:44:44 PM by Starshine »

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 00:36:30 AM »

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

is this the old platform in the North sea that"s declared itself a country? Just  ;D  ;D  ;D
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 11:48:33 AM »

is this the old platform in the North sea that"s declared itself a country? Just  ;D  ;D  ;D

Yes, since September 1967.
It is the reason why I so much like my title and am proud of it. As it fits both souls in me  ;) I do like royal stuff and I am having an anarchy soul as well, so the history of Sealand covers both perfectly.  :)

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 19:46:43 PM »

Yes.. a poker team would be a novelty...

Well, as I am obviously in the mood today to make others smile, you know who you are  ;) I wrote an email to the Fifa just right now, asking or basically nearly begging them, to accept Sealand as an own country for the World Cup. Not that it really matters to me if they take part there or not, but what matters to me is well ofc Poker. And should the Fifa accept Sealand as a nation, perhaps once there might be a chance that Sealand can become a pokernation as well. So that I perhaps only if they would take me ofc might be one day able to play a poker nation team event  ;)

Would be fun though to see Sealand appearing in World or Europe cup in soccer, why not. Wales is there, Scotland, England so Sealand is a part of Britain just like them  :D

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 21:11:48 PM »
Here is the prove, so you see that really nothing is to silly for me, and that i am willing to do a lot to make others smile  :D

Dear Fifa,
In every world cup qualification group i see states i did not know before they exist. But still there are some missing.

I wonder why the Fifa does accept some micro nations but not accept others.
By example there is the Principality of Sealand a micronation, and I really, really would like very much would they be accepted and be part of the next World Cup and get the change to qualify.

As well with this the Fifa could open doors for a lot of people. Sealand has a lot of supporters and "Sealanders" of all type of sports. But most sport associations refuse to accept sealand as an own country even though the sportlers would like so much to represent Sealand. Would the fifa start with it and accept sealand, the others i am sure would follow.

So please I dare you, show a heart and accept them.

Thank you very much in advance
kind regards
Gina Weiss
Baroness of Sealand

p.s. I apologise for my english