Author Topic: Tentative Enquiry.  (Read 49716 times)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Re: Tentative Enquiry.
« Reply #150 on: September 27, 2013, 23:55:36 PM »
Really nice work Bri as per usual vwp again. Keep it going mate, great great performance.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2013, 00:54:55 AM »
Well done mate! We need 18k by Xmas  ;) Keep it going fella and well done. Top banana x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2013, 03:30:45 AM »
2cd final table of the day, 3k gtee on Tilt, back soon with result

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2013, 03:46:23 AM »

:) Too good. Always check this thread despite not having a piece - its inspiring to see you grinding out the wins the way you are.

Very well played.

Cheers Mark, it has been hard these last two months, my worst ever downswing, even though it was with money won you do wonder where the next win is coming from.

Read luckyscrotes staking thread on Blonde, that is proper grinding, he does it for a living, me I am just a rec who maybe one day runs golden in a big one, thanks for reading.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2013, 03:52:25 AM »
Meh,Finished 7th for $131 lost a race at the end AK v JJ, standard spot, been a good day, was only in for $20 so not too shabby.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2013, 09:40:17 AM »

Meh,Finished 7th for $131 lost a race at the end AK v JJ, standard spot, been a good day, was only in for $20 so not too shabby.

Little Acorns etc

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2013, 10:17:50 AM »
Bri

Your success this year has been unreal mate, well happy for ya (and us obv lol). Are you planning on running another one next year or just taking the cash you made on this stake and starting your own? If you don"t mind me asking (ignore me if you do or tell me it"s none of my business) why would you be staked, you don"t need the staking $$$ and it seems like just giving money away? Is it just that it helps with discipline or something like that? This has to be the best value stake request I have seen on any board this year.

Also how many tables do you play at once? I know you are not a massive multi-tabler which make this all the more impressive.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2013, 14:15:05 PM »
The reason for the staking thread was a few things.

At the end of each year I withdraw all cash from all poker sites and spend what is on there at Christmas etc, never normally a lot  as I do withdraw a bit during the year if I have won.

With Full Tilt re starting I always liked that site I didn"t want to start with $300, my average mtt buy in is $20 and obviously that can go quite quickly.

I thought $1k was ok to start with but thought I would apply for the stake so I couldn"t withdraw and like you said see how it goes for the full year, as you know I did withdraw some, personnel circumstances dictated that plus I was on a long losing streak and didn"t fancy breaking even for the year, never lost $1k5 before on the trot, even though we were still in front it still felt like I was losing, poker can mess with your head. 

The one thing I have is time to play as you know my circumstances at home dictate I have a lot of free time as a rule I will play 3 tables at the most, if Susan needs me to do something wouldn"t want loads of tables just bleeding away. With having loads of free time I could easy spend $200 a day on buy ins and be bust within a week so I have to be disciplined in how much I play.

With the amount of time I could try and grind loads of games but I find it does affect my mood if I Am losing which in mtts is more often than not.

I do dabble a bit on cash but not a great deal, if I win or lose a buy in that either dictates whether I play an extra mtt or not.Disappointed that the sng traffic on Tilt is non existent except for hyper turbos but that is to much like gambling

This month I have only played about 35 games which is one a day which is not grinding, the result the other day halted the downswing but I think we peaked at $5800 so still a bit down from that but we are freerolling the next 2 months so I am happy with that.

As said above read luckyscrotes staking thread on blonde, that is a proper grind with big downswings and upswings as well, he is a pro with a fantastic attitude both mentally and with skills in the game.

As for a stake next year I very much doubt it will decide late December, incidentally had a stake in Stars with some mates but that went this month, again losing $100 a month playing mtts is nothing to fret about, it"s a hobby and was really close to one or 2 big hits as well but wasn"t to be.

Any other questions just fire away.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2013, 14:24:16 PM »
Cheers Bri, all very interesting. It is a freeroll from here on this one so everybody will agree that you have done amazing on this. Hope you round it off in style in the last quarter of the year.

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2013, 19:38:49 PM »

Cheers Bri, all very interesting. It is a freeroll from here on this one so everybody will agree that you have done amazing on this. Hope you round it off in style in the last quarter of the year.

+1
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2013, 10:20:17 AM »
Brian, have you won millions for me yet?? Just spent 2 days in London and done my ********.

No pressure :p
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2013, 23:51:00 PM »
FT of Tilt superstack, back soon with result.

Finished 8th for $148, qj into q6 q6x flop, own fault should of just shoved pre, slap wrists.

Bankroll $2362, been losing.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2013, 19:07:10 PM »
It"s been 2 years so Vegas is now on the horizon again and have decided to take the plunge.

When I started this stake it was due to run to 01/12/13, any profit used for Christmas etc, this is my normal thing  I withdraw all cash from poker sites and restart in January with a fresh deposit.

Dates for Vegas are from 06/11/13 to 15/11/13 thus leaving only 2 weeks to finish the stake off.

The current roll on Tilt stands at $2250 and I would like to offer the two options below, I will withdraw $2045 leaving $200 in just to play a few games over the next few days, tbh not feeling the love for online at the minute and if I have little on there it will force me to take a month or  2 off, this will help to refocus when I start again in the new year, will still take the last $200 seriously and hopefully get a bink or two.

Option 1:

Brian   $1000
Phil     $200
Ger.     $200
Leigh.  $200.
Dave.   $100
Stuart.  $100
Adrian  $100
Steve.   $100
Apat.     $45.( this includes Apats 1% from previous and this withdrawal).

Can transfer via Stars or to bank, would need Leighs, Adrain"s and Steves details, the rest I have details for just let me know preferred  method.
I could also pay out in $$$ in Vegas to Ger, Ste and Stuart.

Option 2 :

When I go to Vegas my main thing will be poker, I am not keen on table games but will be having one or two nights away from poker, need a few pai gow lessons as this seems to be the game of choice.

Below is the schedule I intend on doing, It may be a bit ambitious and does depend on morale and how I am feeling but I think I will be playing at least 5 of the 7 days.

08/11/13 Binnions          2pm      $100
09/11/13 C palace          2pm.     $ 82.50 (Apat) (2 day)
10/11/13 Venetian ds     12pm.   $460 (dependant whether make day 2 of Apat).(2 day)
11/11/13 Aria.                1pm      $150 (poss 1 reentry)and/or
11/11/13 C Palace.        7pm      $140.
12/11/13 Bellagio           2pm      $130 (poss 1 reentry)and/or
12/11/13 Aria.                 7pm      $150
13/11/13 C Palace.         12pm    $140 (poss 1 reentry)and/or
13/11/13 stratosphere.    6pm     $195 ( heartland tour event)
14/11/13 Wynn                12pm   $150 (poss 1 reentry)and or
14/11/13 Aria                   7pm     $150.

The above = $1847.50 not including reentries, will only reenter if coolered early, initial thoughts are play the afternoon game at wherever and if bust mid game play the evening game at other venue listed, or the same game at the same venue if feeling lazy, if I have to reenter the first mtt, it will be unlikely I will play the evening game. There is $152.50 left from the $2k starting stake, this will be used for taxis between events, again will record everything down.

There are a couple of 2 day events in there and depending upon making Day 2 of either of those this will have a knock on effect on subsequent tournaments

The likelihood is I will not play the entire schedule due to tiredness morale and one or 2 nights/days away from the poker.

I will keep it all updated via blog or on this thread, percentages will be the same as initial stake.

I have offered Carl a small stake, he asked when I first proposed I was going to Vegas this will be taken from my 50%.

My record in Vegas last time was played 7 mtts, cashed in 4, including a chop in an Aria comp for $1800ish, obviously a tiny sample and variance might bite me on the backside and brick the lot, which to be honest is the most likely scenario as is the case in most mtts,  but I thought we may as well go out with a bang rather than lose a load in a drab fashion on Full Tilt.

If you can let me know as soon as possible as I can open it up but will give you guys the first opportunity.

I will keep buy in funds separate from general spending and if we return with anything will redistribute on return.

In a nutshell $2k worth of mtts in a week, sod Christmas, didn"t want anything anyway.

Any questions just fire away.

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2013, 19:13:08 PM »
option 2 please.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member