Author Topic: WCOAP 2013 - Official Information Thread  (Read 77196 times)

chrish1976

• Bronze Member
Re: WCOAP 2013 - Official Information Thread
« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2013, 23:30:09 PM »

I was just wondering I have already won my seat in the main event and 1 side event but I am playing 2 side events do I have to inform apat before the event which one I want to pay for or remind anyone I have won my seats already?

I"ll update my list Chris.  You"ll just need to sort entry for the 2nd of your side events.
[/quote

Also Paul Jefferies, Karl Bursford and Jason Browes also have won there main event and 1 side event seats, just to let you know leigh.

troubled joe

• Bronze Member
« Reply #196 on: March 23, 2013, 18:11:22 PM »

Payment for each event needs to be made at Dusk Till Dawn upto 30 minutes prior to the tournament start time.  After that, any reserved seats will be offered to the waiting list/alternates list on the day.

Daft question probably and apologies if already covered, but can we make payments at DTD now or do we have to wait till the day of the event?

Sorry to be a pain, but could really do with clarification on this. 

Also - and at the risk of sounding pedantic - is it a case of actually needing to have paid at least half an hour before the start time (i.e. if I arrive 45 mins before the start, but am stuck in the cash desk queue for over 15 minutes, have I lost my reserved seat)?

Cheers
Michael

Robbiebox

• Silver Member
« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2013, 11:10:13 AM »
Yes is it possible to buy in online at all?

Only expect to get to DTD about 6 on Thursday, so need to have bought in somehow before then.

I can transfer on Stars to any semi-reliable character I know, if they are prepared to pay in for me and one other ???
2010 WCOAP HORSE Silver
2011 WCOAP STUD Gold
2011 WCOAP Online OMAHA HI/Lo Gold
2012 GUKPT Bolton PLO Champion
2014 WCOAP OMAHA HI/LO Silver
2018 WCOAP TRIPLE STUD Gold
2019 The COUNTIES Gold

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2013, 11:38:09 AM »
I have spoken with DTD and they will only be taking buyins in person at the cash desk.

As for the 30 minute rule, if there is a queue at the cash desk, we will obviously manage the situation.

We would ask players that are playing multiple days to try and buyin for their other days during a quiet time (but before the actual event day), which will also help ease long queues at the cash desk for the bigger events.

If everyone does their bit to not leave things last minute, then the 5 days will run smoothly.  We know that"s a big ask of poker players, but we"re confident it will all be great.

Leigh

Optional

• Bronze Member
« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2013, 11:48:43 AM »
We will do that! Organisation is excellent
3th Place 2012 ECOAP PLO Omaha

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #200 on: March 24, 2013, 14:04:27 PM »

Yes is it possible to buy in online at all?

Only expect to get to DTD about 6 on Thursday, so need to have bought in somehow before then.

I can transfer on Stars to any semi-reliable character I know, if they are prepared to pay in for me and one other ???

Have sent you a pm Jon..
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

troubled joe

• Bronze Member
« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2013, 15:05:51 PM »

I have spoken with DTD and they will only be taking buyins in person at the cash desk.

As for the 30 minute rule, if there is a queue at the cash desk, we will obviously manage the situation.

We would ask players that are playing multiple days to try and buyin for their other days during a quiet time (but before the actual event day), which will also help ease long queues at the cash desk for the bigger events.

If everyone does their bit to not leave things last minute, then the 5 days will run smoothly.  We know that"s a big ask of poker players, but we"re confident it will all be great.

Leigh

That"s helpful, thanks.  

JALBSC

« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2013, 16:12:25 PM »
Hi,

I"ve got a mate who wants to play the 6 max but hasn"t put his name down on the reserved list.

Since it"s hit capacity, is it just a matter of going down early on the day and joining the reserved list or do DTD have some extra seats available?

Thanks

Jace

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2013, 16:17:26 PM »

Hi,

I"ve got a mate who wants to play the 6 max but hasn"t put his name down on the reserved list.

Since it"s hit capacity, is it just a matter of going down early on the day and joining the reserved list or do DTD have some extra seats available?

Thanks

Jace

DTD have 36 seats available in person from their cashdesk.  We will also be running an alternates list for the first 3 levels.

JALBSC

« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2013, 17:19:33 PM »
Ok thanks.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2013, 21:12:09 PM »

Question about the Cash Championship sorry if this has already been addressed but can"t find it.

If I buyin for £100 and need to reload how does that work, if I lose £50 can I reload £50. It says one reload, doe that have to be a full reload or can you do for example two reloads of £50?

This is actually a major point !!

Rodders

Hi Guy"s

Sorry to be a pain but I have yet to see any clarification on this? Have I missed a post or are we still waiting?

Is this event a standard cash game (this was my understanding)? There seems to be some suggestion that it is actually the same event that was run in Brighton earlier this year. I understand that I may not have been paying full attention and missed the announcement but I chose to play this rather than the PLO or six-max because I thought it was a cash game (even though I did understand there was some sort of limitation on topping up). Not a problem either way, but would like to know so that I know what i am doing each day.

-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2013, 21:14:25 PM »

Not a problem either way, but would like to know so that I know what i am doing each day.

To be fair, that would be a first  ;D

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2013, 23:06:08 PM »

Question about the Cash Championship sorry if this has already been addressed but can"t find it.

If I buyin for £100 and need to reload how does that work, if I lose £50 can I reload £50. It says one reload, doe that have to be a full reload or can you do for example two reloads of £50?

Rodders

Hi Guy"s

Sorry to be a pain but I have yet to see any clarification on this? Have I missed a post or are we still waiting?

Is this event a standard cash game (this was my understanding)? There seems to be some suggestion that it is actually the same event that was run in Brighton earlier this year. I understand that I may not have been paying full attention and missed the announcement but I chose to play this rather than the PLO or six-max because I thought it was a cash game (even though I did understand there was some sort of limitation on topping up). Not a problem either way, but would like to know so that I know what i am doing each day.

Listen to the podcast, its explained on there i believe.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: March 26, 2013, 17:50:55 PM »

Rodders

Hi Guy"s

Listen to the podcast, its explained on there i believe.

Listened a couple of times now and I might be missing the obvious (which has been known) but it sounds like the question is asked but never really answered. Des just say they will be running it in conjunction with DTD.

Can somebody just answer the question, the event is in 5 days and I asked it over a month ago :-)
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2013, 17:57:09 PM »

but it sounds like the question is asked but never really answered.

Sorry Steve, but I LOL"d very much at this  ;D

This is very much a question for Des, and I will make sure he is pointed at it to give you an answer in time for the weekend.