Author Topic: GUKPT Stockton on Tees - PLO Side Event 9/5/13 SOLD OUT!!!  (Read 13911 times)

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: GUKPT Stockton on Tees - PLO Side Event 9/5/13 SOLD OUT!!!
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2013, 08:42:46 AM »
Well done StuSon :) xx

Hope to owe you some come Sunday :)
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2013, 09:21:51 AM »
Cheers everyone :)

So, we won £105 over all, 10% of which is £10.50, add to this the £7.50 owed for the second bullet we didnt take, means that i will be shipping back £18.00 to everyone yes?

Dont spend it all at once :)

Do I owe APAT 1% of the profit (£30)? or 1 % of the £105?

EDIT ----------

CAN CARL AND JO SEND ME YOUR BANK DETAILS PLEASE? HSBC DONT WANT TO SHOW ME THEM!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:44:56 AM by Fatcatstu »
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2013, 09:49:31 AM »
 Well played Stu, unlucky to not get the lot.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2013, 09:54:30 AM »
UL mate but WP though will be spending my 3 pound on a beverage later :) x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2013, 10:00:36 AM »
Well played Stu!!!

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2013, 10:05:12 AM »
Will do a bit of a tourny report, but my memory is horrendous for this kind of thing!!!

I arrived at the G at about 17.30, wanted to get registered and settled in plenty of time so I was relaxed when the poker started. I stood at the bar and watched the Pune Warriors India get destroyed by Kolkotta Knight Riders in the IPL, when in walked APAT hero Chen Tam!!! A fantastic surprise, he was in the area and came over for a game, I think he is there again today, so look after him guys!

After a brief chat, we were summoned upstairs as the seating draw was up, and I was sat table 6, seat 1.

Dave had warned me about a few people before hand, and the only one i remembered was "a guy in a wheelchair" who I got on my table, on the button to my big blind, where he would proceed to be a massive pain in the arse!!!

Things got off to a sedate start really, a combination of poor starting hands and Mr Wheelchair raising everything kept me quiet for a while. There was generally alot of limping from some of the weaker players on the table (mainly the 2 gentlemen sat directly to my left) and I scooped my first pot by getting involved from the button and flopping 2 pair with K7xxds and getting 3 streets out of his missed (and crushed) flush draw and Top pair. MBN.

I managed to steadily chip up from this point on reached the break at 10.2k against an average of 8.2k and was very happy with my play.

On the break, local whingebag Adrian complimented me on how well I was playing and mentioned that I was playing tight, which was some nice info to have from him, and something that would come round to bite him in his miserable backside a short while later.

There wasnt much to report from the next session until the last hand before the break, where I re-pot an pot sized open from a slightly bonkers (is there any other kind) chinese youngster from the BB with AAxxds and he flats.

The flop came  A s 4s 7h

I have no spades and he bets out for about half the pot. I decide that., although I most likely need to dodge half the deck, if he wanted to draw to it, he was going to pay, so I repot and after declaring that it looks like "a dream flop" for himself and calling, I ask "What on earth do I need to dodge here?"

Turns out it was the remaining 7 in the deck as he gets it in with a set of 7"s and no draw. TYVM!!

After the break, and again being told that I am tight as a tight thing by Adrian, we go back upstairs and first hand back i look down at AAKQds and repot after an open from a guy who looks like a capable player, who folds and we just start to trundle on again.

I DID manage to fold KKJ10cc pre when he re potted me so he was all in for 9k, which would have taken me from comfortably over avg stack at 27k, to bang on avg at 18k. This was a marginal fold, as i like alot of flops with this hand, but I really didnt see the point in potentially doubling up the only other player at the table who was decent and knocking myself back, so i chucked them in and he showed his double suited aces.

I then started to take advantage of this "tight" image I had built up, and began to re raise Adrian pre VERY light.

Adrian is a tight player anyway, and he is more than prone to making hero folds, or at least folding hands where he hasnt got the absolute nuts. This is an admirable trait in OMAHA, but its also very very exploitable!! I went through a good 45 minute spell where every time he got involved I took to sticking it as far in his eye as i possibly could!!

As i mentioned in my live posts, i was pretty card dead, and managed to maintain my just above avg stack right the way through to the final table, which is where I will pick this up later on, as I have a doctors appointment in 30 mins and should really be getting out of bed!!
England C Captain 2012

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2013, 12:54:14 PM »

EDIT ----------

CAN CARL SEND ME YOUR BANK DETAILS PLEASE? HSBC DONT WANT TO SHOW ME THEM!

Well played mate sounds like you played well..

Don"t worry about sending back, if you could donate to either cancer research or Mc Mallian trust would be appreciated.  :-*
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2013, 13:32:12 PM »

EDIT ----------

CAN CARL SEND ME YOUR BANK DETAILS PLEASE? HSBC DONT WANT TO SHOW ME THEM!

Well played mate sounds like you played well..

Don"t worry about sending back, if you could donate to either cancer research or Mc Mallian trust would be appreciated.  :-*

I definitely will mate, thanks, that really does mean a huge huge amount :) xxx
England C Captain 2012