Author Topic: William Hill Welsh Amateur Poker Championship  (Read 19967 times)

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
Re: William Hill Welsh Amateur Poker Championship
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 20:37:54 PM »

I was out at cricket with my son tonight, so couldn"t play. Match was cancelled, and I raced back to try and get in for the APAT game. Arrived at dead on 8, and missed last registration. Not sure why it"s a problem to have late reg, if it gets another couple of £15s into the prize pool

particularly as it"s yours  ;) :D
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 20:43:14 PM »

Late Reg.... I don"t really understand it.. You have been able to register since sometime yesterday so why is any extra time needed after the event has started...
It is on again tomorrow...
Good Luck to all who are playing tonight...

Mainly what harm does it do.

But also for the same reason you put error handling in computer programming - it"s not for what people should or could do, it"s for what people actually do.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 21:13:50 PM »

Late Reg.... I don"t really understand it.. You have been able to register since sometime yesterday so why is any extra time needed after the event has started...

If you know you"ll be quite late and register beforehand, you lose all the blinds until you arrive.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 16:38:48 PM »
Quick reminder: There is another £15 + £1.50 satellite tonight @ 8pm. If you haven"t already got your Welsh Amateur seat locked up, get involved! :)
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 17:36:37 PM »

I was out at cricket with my son tonight, so couldn"t play. Match was cancelled, and I raced back to try and get in for the APAT game. Arrived at dead on 8, and missed last registration. Not sure why it"s a problem to have late reg, if it gets another couple of £15s into the prize pool

because then you"ll stay out playing cricket until dead on 9, and still miss out
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 18:59:12 PM »
We always seem to get the same old moans and groans about late reg - "why not have half an hour late reg?", "why is there only half an hour late reg, why not an hour?", "why not start half an hour later and have an hour late reg?". Whatever there is it seems there are always people that aren"t satisfied. Last night I decided to take my wife out for a meal and to the cinema, imagine my disappointment when I arrived home to find there wasn"t four hours late reg. Where do we draw the line? The only fair place seems to be at the advertised start time.

S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 19:06:18 PM »

Quick reminder: There is another £15 + £1.50 satellite tonight @ 8pm. If you haven"t already got your Welsh Amateur seat locked up, get involved! :)

That"ll be just me then  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 19:54:30 PM »

We always seem to get the same old moans and groans about late reg - "why not have half an hour late reg?", "why is there only half an hour late reg, why not an hour?", "why not start half an hour later and have an hour late reg?". Whatever there is it seems there are always people that aren"t satisfied. Last night I decided to take my wife out for a meal and to the cinema, imagine my disappointment when I arrived home to find there wasn"t four hours late reg. Where do we draw the line? The only fair place seems to be at the advertised start time.

LMAO
+1
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 20:32:22 PM »
I played a game a little while ago that had late reg, but there were only three of us and the other two did their chips while the late reg period was still open. I didn"t know whether I would have to wait in case someone else popped up, but they just ended the game as soon as there was only one player.

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 21:22:40 PM »

I played a game a little while ago that had late reg, but there were only three of us and the other two did their chips while the late reg period was still open. I didn"t know whether I would have to wait in case someone else popped up, but they just ended the game as soon as there was only one player.

Thin
APAT Ireland 2008 Champion
APAT European 2010 Runner-Up
6 Final Tables
Captain of Team Cardiff. Online Southern Division Winners 2009
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 22:00:15 PM »

Thin

beat me to it Shallis; but with slightly more panache
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 22:13:58 PM »
BINK  :)
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 22:39:00 PM »

Thin

Cos I won a 3-player game, oh yeah. I"ll need to think twice about sharing amusing incidents with you.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 23:16:48 PM »

Thin

Cos I won a 3-player game, oh yeah. I"ll need to think twice about sharing amusing incidents with you.

Pretty sure that is the second time you have mentioned that. I once won a heads up match but you don"t here me go on about it.  ;D

*The above claim to have once won a heads up match could be a lie
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2013, 00:15:04 AM »

Thin

Pretty sure that is the second time you have mentioned that. I once won a heads up match but you don"t here me go on about it.  ;D

*The above claim to have once won a heads up match could be a lie

Maybe you"d like to hear about my bad beats instead. I had a couple of stinkers at Coventry. I"ll see if I can remember the details.