Author Topic: APAT UK Team Championship 2014 - Discussion Thread  (Read 90971 times)

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
APAT UK Team Championship 2014 - Discussion Thread
« on: November 13, 2013, 19:30:25 PM »
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 22:08:47 PM by IrishTom »
Facebook: Tom Brady (Plymouth)
Twitter: TomBradyLPPL

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT UK Team Championship 2014 - Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 20:24:20 PM »
The "eagle-eyed" among you will notice that we have "TBC" alongside some of the details for the event structure - this is simply to allow us some time to confirm what the "best" structure for the Team Championships should be.

So, should we leave it as previous years - ie a 2-day MTT with points for top 100 players - or spice it up in some way.

Rather than looking at this event in isolation, how does it hold up as a "team event" when compared to the likes of the upcoming ECOAP European Amateur Team Championship HERE

Your thoughts are very welcome before we confirm details.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 23:30:54 PM by IrishTom »

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 20:36:49 PM »
Pretty sure GNF like it the way it is :)
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 21:06:35 PM »
If it ain"t broke, don"t fix it  ;)
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 21:16:59 PM »

Kronsdat

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 21:37:03 PM »
+ another one.  It"s fine as it is, there"s no need to mess with it.

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 23:28:08 PM »
I know you guys all enjoy this event, but rather than look at this in isolation - what about comparing it with the likes of the upcoming ECOAP European Amateur Team Championship HERE

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 11:13:32 AM »
I"m firmly in the camp of don"t fix what ain"t broke.

Not sure how you can look at this event in anything other than isolation, as it is unique within the APAT calendar.

25 teams from across the land descend upon a poor unsuspecting venue for poker madness and mayhem.

The rail is always bigger at this event, the support is always louder.  Doesn"t matter whether it"s been held in Blackpool, Manchester, Bolton or Luton, it"s something that everyone looks forward to, and stands out in the UK poker scene.

No one does this as well, or with as much anticipation from the players as APAT does.

Genting Stoke will be an amazing venue for this, as the team there really "get" what APAT is about.

If you wanted to improve the event :-

Put on a cracking Friday night event, for those that are making a weekend of it with their team.

Put on a Saturday night game, so early exits know in advance they will have a game to play, so will guarantee they plan to stay for the weekend.

Put on a Sunday afternoon game to give the rail some poker options.

Find a way to put the in-running leaderboard up on a big screen, so everyone gets the same info.

Perhaps include some live satellites for the upcoming WCOAP. Never been done before, I"m sure players would love it.  Maybe a mixed game satellite that wins you a WCOAP Passport (1xME + 2xSE).  Running across the weekend.

In essence, make it a wall to wall festival of poker and really showcase what APAT is all about.

Oh, and I"d love to see this payout 100% to the individuals, with team prizes being added value seats from a headline sponsor.  Probably not possible, but we can all dream.   ;D

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 11:45:38 AM »
Live satellites to WCOAP looks like a neat idea. You could do those at any of the APAT weekends - MTT or STT.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 12:07:14 PM »
Again Leigh hits the nail on the head.

I started with APAT playing the team event, loved the atmosphere :) Got me coming back for more.

No need for any changes to the ME whatsoever.
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 12:20:06 PM »
Couldn"t agree more with leigh. Live sats will get runners, another cash tour spot could be filled too.

Teams are there for a poker weekend so the more you provide the more they will play.
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 12:37:32 PM »

I"m firmly in the camp of don"t fix what ain"t broke.

Not sure how you can look at this event in anything other than isolation, as it is unique within the APAT calendar.

25 teams from across the land descend upon a poor unsuspecting venue for poker madness and mayhem.

The rail is always bigger at this event, the support is always louder.  Doesn"t matter whether it"s been held in Blackpool, Manchester, Bolton or Luton, it"s something that everyone looks forward to, and stands out in the UK poker scene.

No one does this as well, or with as much anticipation from the players as APAT does.

Genting Stoke will be an amazing venue for this, as the team there really "get" what APAT is about.

If you wanted to improve the event :-

Put on a cracking Friday night event, for those that are making a weekend of it with their team.

Put on a Saturday night game, so early exits know in advance they will have a game to play, so will guarantee they plan to stay for the weekend.

Put on a Sunday afternoon game to give the rail some poker options.

Find a way to put the in-running leaderboard up on a big screen, so everyone gets the same info.

Perhaps include some live satellites for the upcoming WCOAP. Never been done before, I"m sure players would love it.  Maybe a mixed game satellite that wins you a WCOAP Passport (1xME + 2xSE).  Running across the weekend.

In essence, make it a wall to wall festival of poker and really showcase what APAT is all about.

Oh, and I"d love to see this payout 100% to the individuals, with team prizes being added value seats from a headline sponsor.  Probably not possible, but we can all dream.   ;D

Simple +1
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 13:24:58 PM »
I reckon APAT should see if they can get this Leigh bloke on board - he seems to have some good ideas ;)

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 13:25:30 PM »
What leigh says!!  :)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Duffy

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 14:15:38 PM »

I reckon APAT should see if they can get this Leigh bloke on board - he seems to have some good ideas ;)

Agreed!!!!!!
Missing ya already buddy :(