Author Topic: APAT UK Team Championship - List of Teams/Members & Discussion Thread  (Read 63708 times)

GatlingGob

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2014, 17:09:20 PM »
Delighted to be going to this event for the first time this year buzzing for it already thanks to APAT for letting us in and look forward to what  will be a great weekend of poker.

sleeves

• Bronze Member
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2014, 23:44:44 PM »
Many thanks, Team FPG are delighted to be considered once again to take part in the UK Team championship main event, it one of the best if not the best event in the Callander for season 8, must of been a night mare for u guys this year with so many teams wanting to enter. We look forward to seeing u all in Manchester, cheers  

Frome Poke Group..

3barrels

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 23:23:05 PM »
cant wait for this as roddy says buzzing scotsquad coming to win gl guys

steady eddi1

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 13:36:56 PM »
Gutted we didn"t make it in this year ( EAPL) but good luck to those that have.

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2014, 17:55:38 PM »

Yea, pretty gutted also that ITM has been removed after a two year stint. I know it"s tenuous as we r a somewhat dormant podcast and not a proper poker group, but after seeing the list of entries it"s "seems" more little homegames are creeping in.

Never mind. Let"s hope these new ones turn up on the Friday and stay till yen end of Sunday and support all of the APAT games that weekend. :)

GL all

Just to echo this, I am so disappointed not be given the opportunity to attend now as this was a real personal highlight of the season last year.

Given all the members of ITM have supported APAT for a long term - traveling to all the events on mass, getting involved in things like the cash tour, the online events etc. I don"t really understand what has happened for us not to justify a place. Feels like a slap in the face.

Good luck to all on the day and hope it is a good one.

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2014, 23:17:05 PM »

Yea, pretty gutted also that ITM has been removed after a two year stint. I know it"s tenuous as we r a somewhat dormant podcast and not a proper poker group, but after seeing the list of entries it"s "seems" more little homegames are creeping in.

Never mind. Let"s hope these new ones turn up on the Friday and stay till yen end of Sunday and support all of the APAT games that weekend. :)

GL all

Just to echo this, I am so disappointed not be given the opportunity to attend now as this was a real personal highlight of the season last year.

Given all the members of ITM have supported APAT for a long term - traveling to all the events on mass, getting involved in things like the cash tour, the online events etc. I don"t really understand what has happened for us not to justify a place. Feels like a slap in the face.

Good luck to all on the day and hope it is a good one.

Yea, i was thinking about it all day at the Goliath and it really bugged me.

Team Gotham, was created because of APAT, without APAT we would exist/know each other and last year that wasnt enough for the group to get in.  Ok, we played for my "podcast" but primarly the group are all die hard APAT players, that travel to pretty much all English based legs. 

£200 Wembley Event, the core of TG/ITM where there.
When asked to test Des" poker betting idea, we where there.
When asked to support the cash tour, we were there (and pretty much the only ones)
7 solid days of WCOAP, in London, we all were there and most played every event poss for the full 7 days.
Online Legs, always there.
Core of us frequent the forum, and buy/sell pieces to help the community play more poker
I, for one, as captain promote APAT whereever i go, via social media etc.
We boast 3 of the Top 4 of last years rankings (you only get up there by playing events)
God knows how many medals/bracelets between us.
Always at the top desk, chatting to help improve, move things forward.

You may think, typical Dann, moaning but to be honest it feels like a kick in the teeth when you spend your spare time doing this and then you get overlooked, in favour of some private homegames.

APAT built TG/ITM group, but refuses to give us the chance once a year to play as a team.

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 00:36:21 AM by s4ooter »
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2014, 12:06:10 PM »
I personally made this cock-up, and I apologise wholeheartedly to you and your team Dann - I know how much you guys support APAT and how much you do and say "behind the scenes" - ITM should very much be included in this year"s UK Team Championship and as of now the list of accepted teams has grown to 31 with the inclusion of ITM - the "online qualifying event" will be for the 32nd and 33rd team (and through some begging with Manchester we will get an extra table).

I hope you can forgive and forget - it was a personal oversight of mine that I cannot correct by including ITM at the expense of an already selected team - therefore it is only fair to select 31.

Regards/Tom
Facebook: Tom Brady (Plymouth)
Twitter: TomBradyLPPL

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2014, 12:14:38 PM »

(and through some begging with Manchester we will get an extra table).

Doesn"t matter...ITM won"t be using it for very long.

Chips! :)
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Big Club

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2014, 12:18:20 PM »
Yet another example of APAT pushing the boundaries and taking full responsibility and offering a solution when something doesn"t work and enabling common sense to prevail. Hat"s off to you Tom, it"s situations like this that reinforce why APAT are so important in the industry.

Personally looking forward to inevitably being on Batman"s table and cold four betting every single one of his three bets.

GL Team Gotham.

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »

Yet another example of APAT pushing the boundaries and taking full responsibility and offering a solution when something doesn"t work and enabling common sense to prevail. Hat"s off to you Tom, it"s situations like this that reinforce why APAT are so important in the industry.

+1

GL Team Gotham.

S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2014, 13:07:00 PM »
Have to say I agree that ITM should have been included and I"m glad this has been sorted. Gotta keep some value in the event  ;D
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2014, 23:46:34 PM »

I personally made this cock-up, and I apologise wholeheartedly to you and your team Dann - I know how much you guys support APAT and how much you do and say "behind the scenes" - ITM should very much be included in this year"s UK Team Championship and as of now the list of accepted teams has grown to 31 with the inclusion of ITM - the "online qualifying event" will be for the 32nd and 33rd team (and through some begging with Manchester we will get an extra table).

I hope you can forgive and forget - it was a personal oversight of mine that I cannot correct by including ITM at the expense of an already selected team - therefore it is only fair to select 31.

Regards/Tom

Hey Tom,

I have replied via PM in a bit more detail but just wanted to say thanks.

I can confirm that ITM will be full of 8 luckboxes and/or fish for you all to feast on.

We will be at the cash tables............or the roulette......actually, probably eating somewhere!
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

Bigfella42

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
  • Vague memories of being in Vegas
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2014, 11:57:33 AM »

On a personal note, absolutely gutted.  Would have loved to have been involved in taking The Pokeriety team to play in the APAT Team event back in Manchester.

Never easy when the event is always so oversubscribed.  Congratulations to those teams that have been selected.  Make sure you enjoy the weekend.  Always the best one on the calendar.

Very pleased for Glenn.  One of the good guys and deserves the honour of captaining the APAT team.  GL Sir.

You"re just not good enough Leigh I mean what have you won lately??..................... oh wait  ;D ;D ;D
APAT Scotland runner up 2008
APAT Sotland final table 2009
If it's not in Scotland you can forget it!

Kev B

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2014, 18:40:30 PM »
Voyage in poker are pleased to be selected to play this event. We love these team events and APAT create one of the best. Look forward to it already.

ayresi

• Bronze Member
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »
Anybody got any idea when the qualifiers are for the 32nd + 33rd places ?thanks in advance   :)
RUNNER UP IRISH ON-LINE OPEN 2012,RUNNER UP ECOAP/HU2012+ GENTINGS CHARITY GAME CHAMPION 2012 WEELETT + NPF TEAM CHAMPIONS 2012 AND TEAM CAPTAIN HETTON SOCIAL POKER 2013 2ND BINIONS CLASSIC 6-MAX 2013,English o/l winner 2015