Author Topic: WCOAP 2015 - Events Summary  (Read 81011 times)

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: WCOAP 2015 - Events Summary
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2015, 11:58:10 AM »

Are there any seats available for direct buy in for the full amount rather than reserving through evenbrite

That should be the case Mark - it will be set up at Coral when everyone gets back from the holiday break.

Any news on when buy ins will be available on Coral? Hotel booked. Funds at the ready...

BUMP ^^^^

Would be nice to have an indication, as I need to arrange funding via staking I am owed.

Thanks..

Hi Carl, I expect all event to be available via Coral Online Holding Tank next week.
Facebook: Tom Brady (Plymouth)
Twitter: TomBradyLPPL

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2015, 11:59:40 AM »

Most impressive loving this schedule :)

Just out of interest are the buy ins the same as last season?

Any ideas on buy ins £55+5 for sides £100+10 ME?

The banner says £55/£110/£220 so I"d assume that"s sides/main/high roller?

Does the 2 day PLO count as a main or a side?

Hi Dave, we only have 1 Main Event, although of course all events are World Championship events with bracelets/medals.

GGUK2008

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2015, 20:45:36 PM »
Hi all,

First of all: great looking schedule! If I could I would play it all.

Which brings me to my question... What will be the rule regarding unregistering from a tournament prior to its beginning? I"m particularly looking at the events which clash or overlap; such the HU Championship and Day 2 of the Main.

Will there be any possibility to unregister?

Thanks in advance!

PokerRoyalFlush9

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2015, 22:26:05 PM »

Hi all,

Which brings me to my question... What will be the rule regarding unregistering from a tournament prior to its beginning? I"m particularly looking at the events which clash or overlap; such the HU Championship and Day 2 of the Main.

Thanks in advance!

I reg online in the holding take for a lot of games last year and the ones i didnt play due to running deep in other I was give a cash refund at the end of the weekend (on the sunday night) but this had to be done with Matt/Des or is you happy to wait they will refund it back to your coral account, but do check this with the powers that be.

See what i did there.....APAT can I have a job, I am good with spreadsheets.......
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 22:37:44 PM by PokerRoyalFlush9 »

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2015, 22:50:55 PM »

Are there any seats available for direct buy in for the full amount rather than reserving through evenbrite

That should be the case Mark - it will be set up at Coral when everyone gets back from the holiday break.

Any news on when buy ins will be available on Coral? Hotel booked. Funds at the ready...

BUMP ^^^^

Would be nice to have an indication, as I need to arrange funding via staking I am owed.

Thanks..

Hi Carl, I expect all event to be available via Coral Online Holding Tank next week.

That"s great many thanks Tom :)
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2015, 08:22:19 AM »

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Hi Gareth, the simple answer is yes there will.

What we need to achieve is give everyone the opportunity to take part, which in turn means we do NOT allow players to register or play in multi events that overlap as, you can imagine, that leads to many registering for an event, and then having to withdraw because they are still in another event - which of course can cost another player a seat - which we consider to be unfair.  I believe it was the main reason why APAT, years ago, introduced the "seat exchange" facility that players use when they register for an event and then cannot, for whatever reason, play.  It stops someone (or dozens of people) simply registering for an event, or all events, with the real possibility that they cannot actually attend - but they hedge their bets - thereby taking a place that someone else could have had and who would have turned up.

I"m sure at times there is an acceptable balance - and the example you quote I think would be fine - but we need to rely on the player to UNREGISTER if it looks like they will still be in the 1st event when the 2nd starts - with your example you could simply see the APAT host to unregister from the HU - I would hope/expect this to happen at the point you know you"ve qualified for Main Event Day 2.

GGUK2008

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2015, 20:04:42 PM »
Thanks for the info, Tom.

Fluence

• Silver Member
    • The Ramblings of a Poker Dinosaur
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2015, 20:20:06 PM »
Congrats to everyone who had a hand in coming up with this schedule of events..... well done APAT.

Spoilt for choice thank you.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

GGUK2008

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2015, 17:50:40 PM »
Sorry - and thanks to PokerRoyalFlush 9, too!

jayteejack

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2015, 12:56:39 PM »

BUMP ^^^^

Thanks..

Any news?

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2015, 17:29:09 PM »

BUMP ^^^^

Thanks..

Any news?

Any news from Coral regarding holding tanks?
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

jayteejack

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2015, 19:20:29 PM »

BUMP ^^^^

Thanks..

Any news?

Any news from Coral regarding holding tanks?

Any news...

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2015, 21:07:36 PM »
I"m waiting to hear back from my contact at Coral regarding the Holding Tanks - if my "shortcut" approach doesn"t work then unfortunately it means a lot of form filling for Matt, but once Coral confirm details I"ll post to the forum.

jayteejack

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2015, 21:23:27 PM »
Thanks... can I assume a number of seats for each event are being reserved to be bought via this option?

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2015, 21:28:58 PM »

Thanks... can I assume a number of seats for each event are being reserved to be bought via this option?

Most certainly