Author Topic: Season 9 UK Team Championship  (Read 20977 times)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: Season 9 UK Team Championship
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2015, 14:58:12 PM »

hopefully we"ll have all details of the Season 9 tour confirmed this weekend at the latest.

“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

s2c

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2015, 22:56:44 PM »
Take it back to 10 man teams and drop all the fake communities. Stick to the reliable teams who can actually string a team together and give the best atmosphere for the event.

Trying to please everyone never does anyone any good.

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2015, 11:30:26 AM »

Take it back to 10 man teams and drop all the fake communities. Stick to the reliable teams who can actually string a team together and give the best atmosphere for the event.

A lot of sense in this.

It is without doubt a great event and we all enjoy it, but one of the most disappointing things has been the reluctance of some" teams" that are accepted into the event, to play any other APAT events throughout the year.

I accept that not everyone can play every event but preference has to be given to those who support the tour as a whole, not just once a year, which would hopefully encourage more participation at other events, from those teams.
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2015, 13:21:54 PM »

A lot of sense in this.

It is without doubt a great event and we all enjoy it, but one of the most disappointing things has been the reluctance of some" teams" that are accepted into the event, to play any other APAT events throughout the year.

I accept that not everyone can play every event but preference has to be given to those who support the tour as a whole, not just once a year, which would hopefully encourage more participation at other events, from those teams.

^^^

Good post
I agree
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2015, 13:43:34 PM »

A lot of sense in this.

^^^

Good post
I agree

I"d be interested to know what are considered "fake communities" - eg take the UK Team Event in Season 8, or Season 7?

and "Stick to the reliable teams who can actually string a team together" - you mean the teams who turned up to Season 8 event, or Season 7 event etc?

or the one team who had to drop out of Season 8 (and got replaced in plenty of time)?

and advice on how to identify "who will drop out" - ie not be able to string a team together, would be very welcome.

or am I missing the point?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 13:59:22 PM by IrishTom »
Facebook: Tom Brady (Plymouth)
Twitter: TomBradyLPPL

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2015, 17:24:48 PM »
Let us not forget that one of the primary purposes of the Team event is/was to encourage those forums who haven"t previously experienced an APAT event to come along and find out how awesome it is.

Established forums and groups who have already done so aren"t the target "market" here...we"ve already got them...we"re after more and fresher blood..so to speak.

This event isn"t a reward for members for supporting APAT throughout the year [ that"s it"s own reward :) ] it"s a promotional event to attract new members. If established teams & groups get in as well, that"s a bonus for them.

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2015, 13:18:53 PM »

hopefully we"ll have all details of the Season 9 tour confirmed this weekend at the latest.

Popcorn purchased.. Over to Des/Tom
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2015, 14:36:05 PM »
I hope it"s a big bucket

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2015, 15:08:33 PM »

I hope it"s a big bucket

I"m halfway through mine...I sense a disturbance in the Force. :)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2015, 17:23:08 PM »

A lot of sense in this.

^^^

Good post
I agree

I"d be interested to know what are considered "fake communities" - eg take the UK Team Event in Season 8, or Season 7?

and "Stick to the reliable teams who can actually string a team together" - you mean the teams who turned up to Season 8 event, or Season 7 event etc?

or the one team who had to drop out of Season 8 (and got replaced in plenty of time)?

and advice on how to identify "who will drop out" - ie not be able to string a team together, would be very welcome.

or am I missing the point?

Having re-thought this I see the point Tom makes and the one Paulie added below. To be fair Des, Tom and everybody at APAT have always said this does need to be established poker communities and have stuck to this when looking at entries. Looking at the team list last year supports this. we all want APAT to succeed and getting new people to the events will help with that, perhaps some will not play other events but some will and that is a good thing.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2015, 18:17:46 PM »
Off hand I can"t remember any names but I do know that some people have played APAT events on the strength of playing the Team Event...
I"m yet to play one...hint hint...but anybody who can not be influenced by the APAT experience after playing in the team event obviously never will...
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep