Author Topic: singing the blues  (Read 42069 times)

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: singing the blues
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2009, 20:09:26 PM »

Okay, at half time I was thinking my prediction was going to be nailed on, but Stevie G did it again, with a little help from Tim Howard, but then he did re deem himself a few times later in the game.
I only saw the high lights on ITV, I don"t have Setanta, but it looked and sounded (5 live) that we got battered, so I will settle for the draw. Can"t get to the replay cos away on business, but I will catch it in Dublin hopefully.
My prediction Everton 2 Liverpool 1.

when a defender gets MOM speaks volumes.....3rd time lucky so they say for wednesday week...we can"t KEEP making stupid defensive mistakes...
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2009, 22:02:03 PM »
wasnt quite as bad as the highlights mikey as liverpool lacked a lot invention and found it hard to break us down...

bring on goodison [live on itv] 1-0 to the toffees  ;D

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2009, 09:33:38 AM »
i think i"ll be singing the blues after today as i have just placed a little wager on 1 horse in each race at Lingfield today using nick mordins speed ratings and with a slight tweak by me  ;D so if you feel like losing a few quid you wont go far wrong than by following my selections...I DO LIKE A E/W LONG SHOT ::)

LINGFIELD (AW)
12:40 1m 4f - Rock Peak  
13:10 1m 4f - Turner"s Touch
13:40 1m 2f - Bomber Brown [should be short,not much value here,poor race]
14:10 1m - The Wily Woodcock [spotlight has tipped him , kiss of death that]
14:45 7f - My Sweet Georgia [claimer , say no more]
15:20 2m - Mulaazem [should be a good price,spotlight writes it off ;D]
15:55 6f - Inka Dancer [long lay off but well in and a good price to be had]
16:30 6f - Rocoppelia [complete donkey outsider,probably from skegness]

well that should lose me a few quid today...

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2009, 09:41:15 AM »
... I"m waiting to hear Swine"s opinions on above before I take a punt ... :)

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2009, 11:46:10 AM »

... I"m waiting to hear Swine"s opinions on above before I take a punt ... :)

Dont do All weather flat racing...good luck
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2009, 12:33:04 PM »
Right, I"m on Rock Peak E/W at 14/1 with my last couple of quid on BlueSq. If it netts me anything, I"ll keep goin down your list oh noble1 :)

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2009, 14:50:29 PM »
wots that saying ""a man and his money are easily parted"" or is it a fool?  ;D
wowser wowser i.m gonna have to put on my lucky under pants for the 14.45 ,5 mins
behind there so heres hoping..

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2009, 15:07:44 PM »
My Sweet Georgia - 2nd 8/1 nearly worked although i was each way at 12/1 so not to bad,Turners Touch was 3rd at 8/1 i had 10"s e/w - the rest ""what a load of ####""

c"mon Mulaazem  ;D i"m up slightly so i may go for the bra on head approach as Mulaazem is a stretch of the imagination in this one lol lol i think it may need performance enhancers  ;D

edit 15.31 - 4th 25/1 of 14 runners  dohhhh
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 15:32:14 PM by noble1 »

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2009, 17:08:40 PM »
Inka Dancer never got in it  :"( so it was on the last race...

11/2 - 1st    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
11/2
13/2
14 - price i took weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Rocoppelia got backed down something wicked and won quite coyly with a bit in hand,TY TY Betfred for your generous opening odds this morning...
2nd 12"s 3rd 10"s and a 1st 14"s all e/w Bomber Brown the only win bet i had on lost as a odds on cert  lmao luckily i did not put a lot on,but a profitable day has been had yippee
so my longshot value approach pays off today hmmmm i may have to look at saturdays card  ;D

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2009, 15:37:30 PM »
Man City did well today against 10 men today , sign of a good team that. ;D i wonder if Kaka regrets not going?

anyhows less of the jibes we"ll probably get stuffed today so i best shut up  :-[

got 2 longshots today both at Lingfield,so please feel free to lose your money :o

15:55 - Maslak e/w for me,should be the rank outsider
16:25 - Cantabilly e/w again should be around the rank outsider but snippets of form give him a chance and if its a strong pace early on from Annabelle"s Charm,Summer Winds and Action Impact which it may well be as these 3 like to front run then this donkey has that bit stamina for the last furlong to pick them off..

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2009, 17:15:44 PM »
Right Mr Noble,

Stick to the poker strategy and stop posting horse racing tips, because you are much better at your poker stuff than you are with the horses.

And Neil and I can"t afford to keep following your tips, waiting for one to pay off.   ;D

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2009, 14:51:52 PM »
And Neil and I can"t afford to keep following your tips, waiting for one to pay off.

then i suggest you should have a proper betting bank and bet strategy lol lol  ;D

looking forward to tonight oh my humble red fans? i see Rafa has pulled a masterstroke
and sold keano lol should be interesting when the nippy spainish kiddy pulls his hamstring again i"m sure there is an abundance of striking talent biting at the bit to score the goals to help the reds win the title..... ;D

i went to a poker home game of a friend of mine last night [along with laptop so i could play online at the same time lol lol] and they discussed/argued lol lol about beckham? why? forgetting all the jealous overseers and journalists who want to have a dig at him,the fact the 2 best managers in world football plus sven  ;D [he did have a good club record] rate him and everyone that has played/plays with him
rate him up there with the best..then why question if he should be playing for england? i"m sure SWP bentley lennon are for the future? after all SWP really lit up chelsea and the other 2 are great for keeping harrys seat on the bench warm lol lol
and young theo and J cole are injured .. boy oh boy we have so many great options for right midfield  ;D

a quick look at some [and i mean just some] of DB"s assists let alone the free kicks scored and goals in open play..

[youtube=425,350] [/youtube]

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2009, 15:24:39 PM »
He"s not the player he was, but he"s still a great option to have on the right. He puts a better cross over than SWP, Lennon, Walcott and probably Bentley too. He cant get past full backs, but never has been able to. At international level SWP and Lennon struggle to get past pacey full backs and when they do, the final ball is rarely testing enough. He has proven EVERY manager who has written him off that he is worth his place in any team. His attitude is first class and he never acts the prima dona. he would happily go to the world cup, sit on the bench and not play a minute if he could see that the team is winning. A credit to his profession and I hope he becomes Englands most capped outfield player.

Great clip noble, they managed to not include any assists against City (oh yes we weren"t in the prem in those days)

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2009, 15:37:36 PM »
Quite simply though, he shouldn"t have played for England whilst he was messing about at LA Galaxy.  The standard isn"t high enough, and there"s also the flights to take into account.

No he"s at Milan, if he"s playing well enough, he gets into the side. Simple as.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2009, 15:49:50 PM »
The question is, would you have him in your side, and the answer is a massive YES. Even if it is just to come off the bench, and provide those fantastic crosses, just think how many goals Bob Latchford would have scored if he"d have had Becks as his supply line :)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013