Author Topic: Belfast Poker Club - General Discussion  (Read 32050 times)

eVolution

Re: Belfast Poker Club - General Discussion
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 22:34:58 PM »
ok cool thanks man - wud also like to know wat kinda level the ppl r at who r playing in our northern division - not taht it matters but if anyone plays anywhere online and has any nice wins id like to know :) lol - wat about yourself, where do u play?

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 22:43:29 PM »
No Colin, it"s still the 4 Members of the Winning Club that get the GUKPT Seats. So, if your team have three players in the last 4 of the Final but it ends up that none of them win it, these three players will likely nett the Club enough points to win the four GUKPT seats. So even if you go out 40th in the final, if your colleagues make enough points, you will still get to the GUKPT.

A portion of the GUKPT winnings will be put aside for your team mates to earn their share based on points won in the League Games throughout the Season.

I quote from the Welcome post;

The poker club which wins the National League will receive four entries to a Grosvenor UK Poker Tour main event, to be awarded to the four members of who played in the National League final.

Should any of these four players go on to cash in their chosen GUKPT main event, then 20% of their GUKPT prize money will be retained as a secondary prize for their poker club team mates, and paid out in line with individual National League points scored during the Season Three campaign.  For example, players who did not score any league points will not be eligible for a share of GUKPT prize money.  Similarly, players who won a GUKPT seat as part of the National League winning team will not be eligible for a share of any secondary prize money, should they not cash with their own GUKPT entry.

The four members of the top three teams in the Online National League will receive APAT National Gold, Silver and Bronze medals to commemorate their achievement.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 22:48:24 PM by lukybugur »

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 23:10:11 PM »
Neil is spot on, the four players from the final winning team will take the GUKPT seats.  Every one of their points scoring team mates will stand the chance of sharing any winnings that those seats may generate.  Lots to play for.

eVolution

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 23:34:39 PM »
nice - i was just looking to see that if i play well, and if the damn cards fall in my favour, that i personally cud end up playing there in the GUKPT.  good motivation to try to win each of the 20 tournaments lol.  ah well should be fun anyway, cant wait till sunday nite - gl to all involved

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 08:55:35 AM »

Neil is spot on, the four players from the final winning team will take the GUKPT seats.  Every one of their points scoring team mates will stand the chance of sharing any winnings that those seats may generate.  Lots to play for.

Thats what I understand, and its what I tried to say, but obviously not very well. :-\

eVolution

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 14:53:48 PM »
my user name on blue square had to be evVvoLutioN as some one else already had my other one....oh well, registered for sunday nite anyway,  c u ther

stoneii

• Bronze Member
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2009, 18:07:51 PM »
I understood you Colin, you said exactly the same as Neil did :)

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009, 19:05:48 PM »
Thanks Billy, but I think I was a little unclear. I amended the following sentence later adding the word "team".

I"ll try to answer but Neil can correct me if im wrong. The 4 players that win the seats will be the team of highest scoring players in the FINAL.

BTW I"d like to invite Belfast team members to change their location settings.

Go to cashier, then settings click on the other location button and enter "Belfast Poker Club". ;)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 19:38:15 PM by coprey »

eVolution

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 23:08:39 PM »
wer the hell is everyone posting!

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 23:19:44 PM »
Belfast 123. ;D What a great start. Well played to everyone who took part and particularly Rich Hinds realsider, Gareth Cash CasgaR and Billy Bell evVvolution.

As usual the game was played in good spirit and was a pleasure to watch. Looking forward to the rest of the series. ;)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 23:26:46 PM by coprey »

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 23:23:22 PM »
Congratulations Belfast on an outstanding start to the League.  Very well done.

gtthnuts

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2009, 23:24:50 PM »

Belfast 123. ;D What a great start well played to everyone who took part and particularly Rich Hinds realsider, Gareth Cash CasgaR and Billy Bell evVvolution.

As usual the game was played in good spirit and was a pleasure to watch. Looking forward to the rest of the series. ;)

here here. railed to the death by mself and seveal miller for good effect lol just felt the tournament turned into abit of a crap shoot late one. just hope i can score a few points and get into the top four next time!

eVolution

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009, 23:33:19 PM »
1234 next time then?? yeooooo

gtthnuts

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 00:11:23 AM »
yeh maybe. i would love to make top four. just realised that the points ffrom 1-10 really only affect players chances of qualifying...
as top team ie belfast gets 3pts
edinburgh gets two and stockton gets one.
so even though belfast dominated ft we only get one extra point. not representative imo

beansisdaman

• Bronze Member
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 00:42:51 AM »
It jsut means we have to own FT every week :) Billy we"ll get you to the GUKPT yet!

I"d like to think that me and Gareth"s previous GUKPT experience helped us ship the tournament ;) ;)

btw one question... quoted from original statement:

"The four members of the top three teams in the Online National League will receive APAT National Gold, Silver and Bronze medals to commemorate their achievement."

Now does that mean top 3 teams with highest points by week 20 or does that mean the 3 highest finishing teams out of the 10 in the final?