Author Topic: "cannot connect to server"  (Read 17467 times)

daveyb147

• Silver Member
"cannot connect to server"
« on: January 06, 2009, 13:31:26 PM »
Is anyone else having problems on blue square with    "cannot connect to server"   Ive been having trouble for about a month now,,,sometimes i just cannot connect and others it chucks me out half way through tourney,,its costing me money lolol,,,i swapped to victor chandler which has the same tourneys (non apat) and i believe same server and had no trouble at all,,,,,Is it just me ??? if not this may effect registration numbers for apat online tourneys,,, i for one am reluctant to register,knowing i may get disconnected at any moment !!!!!!!!!! i notice a few posts last night saying there were server problems for some.

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: "cannot connect to server"
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 13:54:33 PM »
When I get that error up and the login screen comes up i hit cancel to take me to lobby. Then click Login from bottom right of lobby and screen opens up and click ok and it seems to work and I connect fine without disconnecting.

Worth a try, works for me.
Mary Kivlin

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 13:55:15 PM »
I had no end of problems with iPoker for years, and it didn"t seem to matter whether I was playing at PaddyPower, BSQ, or Titan.... I had continual lockups, and connection errors. 

I messed around with the MTU setting on my router, and things improved but were never perfect.... then when I changed router from a Belkin to a Netgear, all my problems disappeared..... now I can play iPoker sites with perfect stability.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 13:55:44 PM »
Could be a number of things.  I for one, never have a problem with BS (or any ipoker sites), unless it"s the whole network going down.

If you do have a problem it can be:

1.  Your computer is running at capacity (either memory or processor) and it"s your computer that is effectively stopping the connection.  For example, if you are watching a video, using pokertracker, and say editing an image using photoshop - that"s going to use a lot of resources and can cause a disconnection from your poker site. 

2.  Your connection is playing up (either intermittently or for longer periods).  This can be due to local issues (your wireless router playing up), your local exchange having problems, your ISP having network issues, or something bigger than this (very rare).  It could also be BlueSQ having connectivity problems that affects a whole group of people (either everyone, or a group of people in the same geographical area).

Of course, if you"re downloading or uploading lots of stuff at the same time as you"re playing, then this can also cause the poker room to disconnect.

3.  The third area that might cause the problem is the MTU packet size.  I don"t understand this either, but effectively what it means is that your router deals with "chunks" of data of a specific size, and the poker room might be sending chunks of a different size.  Apparently this can cause a problem like the one you are experiencing. Fortunately, there is a possible solution:

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=950.msg15198#msg15198

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 14:19:29 PM »
It seems to a big problem over the past 24 hours or so. I had problems connecting to BlueSq prior the APAT Sat last night and I"m unable to connect to Titan just now - it"s the same "Cannot Connect to Poker Server" message.

Given that there have been a good number of us experiencing this, I wouldn"t go making significant changes to your network / internet / router setup as this particular connection problem looks like it"s on iPoker"s side.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 14:25:30 PM »

It seems to a big problem over the past 24 hours or so. I had problems connecting to BlueSq prior the APAT Sat last night and I"m unable to connect to Titan just now - it"s the same "Cannot Connect to Poker Server" message.

Given that there have been a good number of us experiencing this, I wouldn"t go making significant changes to your network / internet / router setup as this particular connection problem looks like it"s on iPoker"s side.

What ISP are you with?

I"m on Virgin cable, and have had no problems.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 14:26:59 PM »

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 14:35:29 PM »
Im on BT here, never had a problem with Bsq before, but last night it took me 2 tries to log in and this afternoon also.
Mary Kivlin

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 14:36:07 PM »

Im on BT here, never had a problem with Bsq before, but last night it took me 2 tries to log in and this afternoon also.

Does it ever throw you off once you"ve connected, like for the OP?

Did you play last night?

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 14:36:53 PM »
I played the sat last night and wasnt disconnected at all.
Mary Kivlin

daveyb147

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 15:17:03 PM »
Many thanks for all your very useful comments,,,i am with sky,,,and was playing on bl sq for over a year with no problems at all,,,and as i said i have no problems on vc which uses the same server.I do know of other people with different providers who are having problems lately,,,guess i will keep on trying lolol,,,sometimes it will let me log in but then will not take me to my seat,,,have emailed bl sq support to see if they have any issues their end....thx people for your help

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 15:25:24 PM »

Many thanks for all your very useful comments,,,i am with sky,,,and was playing on bl sq for over a year with no problems at all,,,and as i said i have no problems on vc which uses the same server.I do know of other people with different providers who are having problems lately,,,guess i will keep on trying lolol,,,sometimes it will let me log in but then will not take me to my seat,,,have emailed bl sq support to see if they have any issues their end....thx people for your help

It can be the case that only one "skin" of the ipoker network is experiencing a problem at any particular moment.  This is often to do with a problem moving the money from the cage to the tables - and so those in a tournament might not be affected, but those trying to join a tournament or sit down at a cash game might have problems.

It"s interesting that some people had problems last night, and others didn"t.  I wasn"t really in the comp long enough to have any connection problems unfortunately...

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 16:13:55 PM »
I had problems last night, could not get on to BS so I missed the game. Tried 30 minutes later and it was fine.  

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 16:21:26 PM »
I emailed them re this problem about 10 months ago when i cudn"t get on continously, they advised me to uncheck the buttons and manually type my details in.

dont know if this is still the same issue but it works pretty okay for me now up until yest.
Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 16:26:26 PM »
I always type my info in (never use automatic log-in)
This is the first time I have had this problem in over a year. Will try tonight to see if I get the same problem
My ISP is virgin (not cable)