Author Topic: APAT Welsh Amateur Championship - Discussion  (Read 47705 times)

RedBullFan

Re: APAT Welsh Amateur Championship - Discussion
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2009, 23:26:35 PM »

When is payment taken? Im on the list but havnt recieved emails bou payment or anything.

The money has been reserved on your card and will be taken in around two weeks time.  Standard process for an APAT.

Thanks, first APAT tourny so not sure how it all works.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2009, 01:08:54 AM »
what Treydj said, about the antes is spot on. Im looking at the structure right now and thinking about how it was in walsall when i played,

on level 6 with the SB at 200, the ante was 25 insted of the normal 50. I think that the antes should always be a 4-1 ratio of the SB if possible, this makes the game flow smoother (and it brings the slow death of the rock) as gus hansen would say.

At the 300-600 level 7. the ante would usually be 100. a 3-1 ration of the SB. This encourages people to actually get involved because there is so much more out there in the middle to steal now. An extra 1000 on a 10 handed table.

then on the next level of 400-800, the ante would usually stay at 100, bringing the 4-1 ratio back into play.

if the antes are sorted out so that they are mostly at a ratio of 4-1, then we can keep the 500-1000 (level 9) instead of the big jump.....

so there you have it. the structure is great anyway, and the best value of anywhere in the country probably for the £75, but just a tweak with the antes and it will be even better im sure..

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2009, 18:01:11 PM »
Remember though - the whole concept was to mirror the GUKPT structure, but with a shorter clock.

That said, I agree with decreasing the ratio of ante to SB - it needs to vary between 4:1 and 6:1.

mike saban

• Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2009, 21:00:42 PM »
As I got my seat via Satellite, should I have received anything extra in my bluesq account by now ? cause I haven"t. I thought with the current exchange rate, I might have got around 20 bucks.

Cheers

billwillo

« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2009, 21:05:21 PM »

As I got my seat via Satellite, should I have received anything extra in my bluesq account by now ? cause I haven"t. I thought with the current exchange rate, I might have got around 20 bucks.

Cheers

I"m waiting for my extra cash from qualifying through the sats as well.  I got through a sat last year and I"m sure the extra went in earlier than this.  Don"t know if we need to ask bluesq or does apat have to give them the go ahead first

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2009, 22:01:35 PM »
We"ll address this with Blue Square on Monday guys.  I think you should expect to see the additonal monies into your account on Tuesday / Wednesday.  Please post here again if this does not happen.

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2009, 22:28:32 PM »

Cheers

I"m waiting for my extra cash from qualifying through the sats as well.  I got through a sat last year and I"m sure the extra went in earlier than this.  Don"t know if we need to ask bluesq or does apat have to give them the go ahead first

Guys the extra money from the satellite I won for the last national ended up in my betting account not my poker account. Click on "cashier" - "my account" - "transfer funds", just in case it has been put into another account.

Hopefully its there, if not hopefully soon. :)
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

keith101

« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2009, 23:15:37 PM »
how mant alternates are ther at these things usually

billwillo

« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2009, 19:13:02 PM »

Cheers

Guys the extra money from the satellite I won for the last national ended up in my betting account not my poker account. Click on "cashier" - "my account" - "transfer funds", just in case it has been put into another account.

Hopefully its there, if not hopefully soon. :)

Thanks, got my extra cash in poker account today, cheers apat.

mike saban

• Silver Member
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2009, 22:43:08 PM »
likewise - cheers.

Blatch

• Bronze Member
« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2009, 04:27:12 AM »
Hey Des and Team,

The Walsall event was fantastic and I think there is only one problem.  The payout structure is crazy IMO.

I dont see how you can have prizes of the same value on a final table.  From memory I think 8,9 and 10th all got the same in Walsall and this needs to change to a standard increase. 

The final table payouts are just one factor as to how a tourney should be attempted to be played.  The whole laddering up the prize money vs going for the win is a great thing of any final table however with 3 places geting the same money this is taken out of the equation.

What is the reason behind the same prize for finishing higher?

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2009, 06:47:32 AM »
It was slow enough with that prize structure.

It would be even worse if there was a greater incentive to play even more passively for the ladder up.

1st place is the only payout any player on the final table should be worried about.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2009, 10:29:37 AM »
HI JUST TO LET U NO MONEY WENT INTO MY ACCOUNT FROM BLUE SQUARE SATALITE QUALIFICATION CHEERS
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2009, 12:35:51 PM »

1st place is the only payout any player on the final table should be worried about.

Nonsense!

That"s all.  :D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 12:38:08 PM by RioRodent »
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2009, 12:44:35 PM »
2nd place just means you"re the best loser.

Why would you want to be a loser?
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341