Author Topic: "Home Game Challenge" - Scottish Championships  (Read 27316 times)

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
Re: "Home Game Challenge" - Scottish Championships
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2009, 17:27:35 PM »

Guys,

I will be there for the whole weekend.  Am not involved in this, so if you want someone to hold the money, more than happy to do so.

Leigh

You"re buying the drinks this weekend then Leigh?

I had him down as a trustworty bloke. . .  . . .

No idea why ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2009, 18:39:28 PM »

i have a great idea for a last longer bet. We all put £75 in a kitty, and the person who lasts longest gets £3000 (and some bits and pieces), and the balance of the cash is shared amongst some other people who last a long time, but not quite as long as the person who lasted longest.

Can"t see that working. It"ll never catch on.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2009, 20:14:54 PM »

i have a great idea for a last longer bet. We all put £75 in a kitty, and the person who lasts longest gets £3000 (and some bits and pieces), and the balance of the cash is shared amongst some other people who last a long time, but not quite as long as the person who lasted longest.

Love that quote.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2009, 23:23:55 PM »

I am happy to run for money or glory.

If for money - I would be happy to run the bet and hold the cash.

Will it be clear who has won on the day?

Or should I transfer via Pokerstars etc ... or direct to banks (all fine) ... the following week once the result is clear?

The only "issue" I see here is if I (or the money holder) gets killed on day 1 or early day 2 ... don"t want to be playing pass the parcel  as people are eliminated (and leave).

Thoughts?

Louis

Decide an amount. . .and how to be distributed. . . .  . ..

Maybe take money ($50 per team of 3. . . . .about £10 per head) seems a fun and reasonable amount. . . . every team transfers you the money on stars pre-event.....

you distribute prizes agreed on the monday . . .transfer back on stars ??  ?

minimum hassle for you, and more beer drinking time freed up for the weekend  ? ?

Very happy to run with this suggestion ... $50 from team captain (or $16.67 per player) on Stars ... does that work for everyone?

Winner takes all ... (okay?)

My Pokerstars name is : Honeybadg

Louis

by winner. . .. we mean winning team ? ? ? an in team of 3 that accrues most points???

Yes - I mean winning team ...

I am very happy for Leigh to hold the money ... but it might cause a different problem if the winners score few points and disappear without collecting the money ... or result not clear ...

I suppose we should also say what happens with ties ... does it go to the team with the highest individual finish?

Louis

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2009, 01:58:18 AM »
I think that the easiest way would be via pokerstars to be paid before the event and collected on the Monday once the dust has settled. Saves any hassle on the day I think. And in the event of a tie I think that"d be a fair way to settle it.

Now all we need to do is get confirmed teams, my team is a definite go!
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2009, 08:46:48 AM »
Right team challenge apart.

I"m suggesting 2 pounds each or £5 if not too many runners. All money gets put onto roulette. Winnings split 2 ways.
Half goes into a drinks kitty and the other half goes to the first player to lose a hand to quads, must goto the river though.
If this does not happen, all monies to the beer fund.

Ah what if the roulette bet loses, i hear you ask.

Well..............You lose 2 quid.  Neil you did say the more ridiculous the better, and i think this covers all the bases :o

BTW player who loses to quads, and not wins with them, would take half the kitty ;D
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2009, 09:28:05 AM »

Right team challenge apart.

I"m suggesting 2 pounds each or £5 if not too many runners. All money gets put onto roulette. Winnings split 2 ways.
Half goes into a drinks kitty and the other half goes to the first player to lose a hand to quads, must goto the river though.
If this does not happen, all monies to the beer fund.

Ah what if the roulette bet loses, i hear you ask.

Well..............You lose 2 quid.  Neil you did say the more ridiculous the better, and i think this covers all the bases :o

BTW player who loses to quads, and not wins with them, would take half the kitty ;D

I like this idea . . . . . . . and am defo in ! ! !

However, how about the 2nd half of the kitty doesn"t go to the quads loser, but the first guy to win a pot with 7 2, however the pot MUST get to a showdown:-)

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2009, 16:21:26 PM »
I like my idea, as i"m hoping nobody wins and Sunday night will be an even bigger drinkfest. Hopefully get more people together in one gathering, bigger laughs, more bets on spec etc.........Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, everyones a winner.

Yours is a very good/funny but seperate idea, also got to be careful so as not to diminish the seriousness of the Championship. Would be hilarious though 148 people all playing 7-2, 9-4 etc, hey Scouse your in matey...hehe. :D
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2009, 16:26:32 PM »

I like my idea, as i"m hoping nobody wins and Sunday night will be an even bigger drinkfest. Hopefully get more people together in one gathering, bigger laughs, more bets on spec etc.........Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, everyones a winner.

Yours is a very good/funny but seperate idea, also got to be careful so as not to diminish the seriousness of the Championship. Would be hilarious though 148 people all playing 7-2, 9-4 etc, hey Scouse your in matey...hehe. :D

i get your point . ..can"t pass 9 4 . .(the rob yong"s) ! ! ! especially suited ! !

scouse FTW!

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2009, 16:41:02 PM »
not to diminish the seriousness of the Championship

That"s always the risk when prop bets are mentioned (ooops, that was me wasn"t it?)

Last longers are pretty standard and good fun. Someone standing up and shouting / bragging to his pal across the room that he"s taken someone out with 72o ... not so player-friendly. Obviously we can"t stop folk doing it but let"s just stick to Last Longer type stuff on here. When I said "redic", it was more non-poker ones like "holding a pee in for 3 hours" and "that foreign waitress will never get that order right" type of bets that I"ve been known to get involved in (oh, and WIN!)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 16:43:18 PM by lukybugur »

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2009, 16:45:58 PM »

not to diminish the seriousness of the Championship

That"s always the risk when prop bets are mentioned (ooops, that was me wasn"t it?)

Last longers are pretty standard and good fun. Someone standing up and shouting / bragging to his pal across the room that he"s taken someone out with 72o ... not so player-friendly. Obviously we can"t stop folk doing it but let"s just stick to Last Longer type stuff on here. When I said "redic", it was more non-poker ones like "holding a pee in for 3 hours" and "that foreign waitress will never get that order right" type of bets that I"ve been known to get involved in (oh, and WIN!)

i"m gonna have to teach you a card game called kings!!!

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2009, 17:26:32 PM »
Guess this isn"t happening?
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2009, 17:41:57 PM »

i"m in . . .we can always sort it out there...give $$$ to leigh!!

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2009, 18:28:31 PM »

I"m counting on this happening.

Kinboshi and I will have a bar bill to pay for somehow.   ;)

ForthThistle

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2009, 18:29:35 PM »
Crizzy,
           We can sort out a last longer and the team thing tomorrow.

Just be early and bring plenty of money!!!!.
Current Southern European Online Champion.
Past Winning Captain - Scotland