Author Topic: Regional Payout Structure  (Read 11450 times)

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
Re: Regional Payout Structure
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 10:51:55 AM »
Dont forget the buffet
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

ZeroTime

• Padden Photography
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 11:21:37 AM »
With 80 players at £20.00 each, totaling £1600.00 and taking away the £1300.00 payout structure.
What happens to the £300.00 left over?
Does this constitute a £3.75/player registration fee. (I thought BlueSq were scrapping the registration fee) or does it go to the APAT?

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2007, 11:30:51 AM »

With 80 players at £20.00 each, totaling £1600.00 and taking away the £1300.00 payout structure.
What happens to the £300.00 left over?
Does this constitute a £3.75/player registration fee. (I thought BlueSq were scrapping the registration fee) or does it go to the APAT?

Someone needs a new calculator, 1st to 3rd, 250 + 200 + 150 = 600, 4th to 8th, 5 x 80 = 400, £75 seat x 8 = 600
Grand total £1600
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 11:58:25 AM »

Could of quite easly made it 5000 tourny starts at 2.30 30 min blinds means your allin after only 2 hours (or less) 60 hands well thats not much play id agree if u had 500 players but plymouth will be 80 max!! So not worth the drive really so will be very regional.

Show me another £20, dealer-dealt tournament, with no juice, with a structure as good as this?

Oh, and free grub ;D
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

hairingtons

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 12:08:59 PM »
free grub!? ding ding ding!!

is it definetly dealer dealt? im scared of making a tit of myself if its self dealing  :"(

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 12:16:55 PM »
They SHOULD all be dealer dealt, and they certainly will be long-term.  Might be some problems at the weekend that mean that some aren"t.

Don"t worry if you"ve never dealt or shuffled before.  Everyone starts somewhere.  I can"t deal or shuffle well.  Best way to shuffle is to mix the cards in the same way dealers do, rather than worry about fancy riffles that don"t actually produce a random shuffle anywhere near as well as just mixing the cards randomly on the table in a big mess.

If it"s self-deal, there"s usually someone at the table who will volunteer to deal every hand.  I think this affects their game, but some are still willing.  If not, when it comes round to you, you can ask someone else to shuffle for you, announce that you"re a novice at live play (say you play loads online, so that they know you can actually play the game), and they"ll have to just bear with you.

Dealing is easier than you think, and just take your time.  After you"ve done it a few times you"ll be wondering what you were worried about!

hairingtons

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007, 12:23:47 PM »
sounds sensible.... ta

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007, 12:26:49 PM »
I"ve only ever once been on a table where somebody got annoyed about anyones dealing but (a) he was generally an unpleasant person anyway, (b) he criticised absolutely everybodys shuffling (so showing he wasn"t actually particularly annoyed with me he was just having a go at everybody) and (c) he got so annoyed about people not meeting his exacting standards that he insisted he had to deal.

So there isn"t really anything to worry about; it won"t be as hard as you think, hardly anyone will particularly mind anyway - and if you do get someone who takes offence they probably aren"t the kind of people who"s opinion you should be taking any notice of anyway.

and Kin - 7 riffle shuffles creates a statistically random deck (I read it, it must be true)

EDIT: and of course these ones should be dealer dealt, so the situation shouldn"t arise. :)
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2007, 12:51:52 PM »

Could of quite easly made it 5000 tourny starts at 2.30 30 min blinds means your allin after only 2 hours (or less) 60 hands well thats not much play id agree if u had 500 players but plymouth will be 80 max!! So not worth the drive really so will be very regional.

Show me another £20, dealer-dealt tournament, with no juice, with a structure as good as this?

Oh, and free grub ;D

Hear hear. As posted elsewhere, a skill factor of 5 out of 6. Great value. bring it on
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 13:04:12 PM by Swinebag22 »
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2007, 12:58:44 PM »

I can"t deal, shuffle or play well.

FYP   ;D

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2007, 12:59:16 PM »

and Kin - 7 riffle shuffles creates a statistically random deck (I read it, it must be true)

I know several people who can riffle a deck a number of times, and all the cards return to exactly where they started. 

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2007, 12:59:37 PM »

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2007, 13:00:29 PM »

I know several people who can riffle a deck a number of times, and all the cards return to exactly where they started. 

8 perfect riffles - the 7 being statistically random is based on the fact that most people won"t do perfect riffles.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2007, 13:05:34 PM »
You can do it with two.  What I"m saying that in the hands of someone who"s skilled, it"s not random at all.

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2007, 13:12:11 PM »
I was invited to a home game a few years ago and was introduced to a magician. He took  the deck of cards off me, stripped and riffled them, and then dealt in order around the table  ah to  8h

Suffice to say, he wasn"t allowed to deal.