Author Topic: WOTS THE POINT !!! - MEGA GRIPE  (Read 8668 times)

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
Re: WOTS THE POINT !!! - MEGA GRIPE
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 12:52:24 PM »
They were in Dublin last season, so I guess they will be for all Nationals this season.

Some formal rules will be implemented I"d guess.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Geo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
Re: WOTS THE POINT !!! - MEGA GRIPE
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 21:33:31 PM »

Confusing indeed, my suggestion is all people who know they can"t make it inform Des in advance, then players from the "fastest losers" list can be contacted before the event and asked whether or not they would like a seat. Then that list should be wiped out the day before the event and people form a new list on the day but can"t see many dropping out that late.

This was close to the method used last year (albeit in draw format) once seats were filled the next X amount made up a reserve list which then filled in for pull-outs up till the day before the tourny, a new reserve list was then started on the day from people who had travelled in the hope of no-shows. Rarely did anyone on the reserve list on the day not get a seat as Kin alluded to earlier.

The Nationals are great events and I share your disappointment. As much as it"s "only amateur" it can be a costly business trying to qualify for them (i say this from experience as I"m crap at online) but nevertheless we keep trying.

Try to be there at Walsall and if you don"t make the main event you will certainly still enjoy all the side games and the APAT banter. That"s what I intend to do.

Geo