Author Topic: jbworldwide's holiday fund spin up  (Read 24369 times)

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
jbworldwide's holiday fund spin up
« on: January 18, 2010, 23:36:53 PM »
OK so here is the problem;

I have to get £415 to my girlfriends dad by the end of Feb in order to pay for a holiday to Cyprus, well I say holiday it is one of her cousins wedding so we have to go there.

Now not exactly being flush with cash I have decided to give some BR management a good go and spin it up to the money that I need which equates to $678.

I am going to attempt to achieve this from a base of $70 on Pokerstars (can"t be bothered with the Ferguson thing, way too long!)

I will do this across MTT"s, SNG"s and Cash (starting at NL $25, and yes I know I am under rolled)

you can follow my stats on various sites but I will post my updates and any significant hands as well. Any advice and help is welcomed.
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: jbworldwide's holiday fund spin up
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 23:42:09 PM »
good luck James.

Personally, playing on Stars, I would recommend grinding the $6.50 Turbo STTs. I"ve had a decent run over the past two months on Stars starting with a micro roll that was spent on these relatively easy SNGs.

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 23:44:13 PM »
So yes I started this blog today but I have an update; (incidently I started this spin up on the 11th Jan)

cash; I have started well and according to Poker Table Ratings I am  $94 in profit

also anything goes as far as I am concerned and I will play low stake MTT"s in PLO, PLO8 and HE.

i cashed 5th in a $3.30 PLO8 freezout with 952 runners for $147.08

add to that some SNG wins and losses, but nothing significant my total roll is now....

$342.15

7 days gone and only $335.85 to go  8)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 23:52:37 PM by jbworldwide »
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 23:53:03 PM »
go go go - you fish

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 09:38:23 AM »
Hmmmmm, he"s making this look worryingly easy.

Once you get to your target James, can you spin it up again so we can all have a holiday.   ;)

Keep it going sir.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 11:21:31 AM »

.......and just around the corner awaits...... VARIANCE!!

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 11:31:07 AM »

.......and just around the corner awaits...... VARIANCE!!

already experiencing some, my actual peak cash profit has been $137 and I swang down to $70 and now moving back up again
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 11:31:30 AM »
Yea its tough playin under-rolled, but gl gl gl.  If I were u at this stage, I would multi-table NL10 or $10sng"s til u get to $500, then grind up the rest of ur target at NL25.  Think its a safer option, and in the long-run u r more likely to succeed.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 17:22:54 PM »
when u go bust will u redeposit  ;D (obviously joking, gl)

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 18:34:04 PM »
ok so a few things today, logged on to Stars and played a little 25nl cash ; +$2.40

then something interesting appeared from Full Tilt, "Rush Poker". I logged on to see what the fuss was about and wow this game is nuts, I can"t really describe how it works you have to go onto Full Tilt to have a look, but is as fast paced as you can get and a great innovation, I wonder if it has caught Stars by suprise?

So I mess about on that and made a few dollars but since it is not part of the challenge it wont get posted in here. I am also in the Hendon Mob $11 league deepstack tonight, I might post that to this total if I cash, (bubbled the last one :( )

Then I went and gave blood -1 pint

After relaxing for a bit, it affects you more than you think it would, I have logged on to Stars and found this;

The WBCOOP and since I am now blogging I have entered, hopefully I will get in as this blog is primarily about Stars.

They asked me to post the link (please dont remove it all if you need to mods, I need the reg code, image and the text to stay on)

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! The WBCOOP is a free online tournament open to all Bloggers, so register on to play

Registration code: 706215

Going to explore what I can load up this evening on the laptop as the football is on, I will update on any progress later

and Chris, you know me better than that  :P

+$344.55
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 10:20:54 AM by xxMAIRxx »
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 20:25:14 PM »
GL James keep it up.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 23:13:04 PM »
so evening over

I failed to mention in the previous post that I was in a syndicate sit and go for the London Poker Circuit £400 Deepstack on Feb 6th-7th 2010

I was in 50/50 with The Hendon Mob and I won the seat  8)

so I am playing, have a hotel and expenses covered and 40% of any winnings (which then have to be split with the mob so effectively 20%) and the other 9 players have different sized shares of the 60% depending on their finishing position.

Great for me as I get to play this tournament for $45 and I could get a nice cash out of it, that"ll pay for the holiday :) (pretty sick as the buy in would pay for it :( ) but i look forward to it.

I also made 18th in the league game which gave me some league points, a cash of $12 ($11 buy in) and a $1 profit lol, I just got ul when i shoved in the highjack with AJ suited with around 8BB"s and found AQ on the button.

so not a bad evening at all and now there is potential to come  8)

+$355.55
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 23:14:37 PM by jbworldwide »
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 23:41:34 PM »
Go Jimbo!

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 18:47:27 PM »
played three MTT"s today

$4.40 180 FO, fail racing with AJ against 66 and losing out in 71st
$5.50 Mix PLO/PLHE i cash in 12th for $9.87
$2.20 PLO8 and i cash in 29/1120 for $8.90

so a profit at least, but a long time for not much return so I am going to edit my game plan with these I think and play a lot less of them.

another problem I am finding is that I am not arriving in the money with a large stack usually the opposite so I obv have a leak in my game in going for the win, going to see if I can plug that hole, ANY TIPS>?

add the profit +$6.67

+$362.28
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 18:16:31 PM »
played a little cash today and a couple of PLO8 tournaments

PLO8 forget about it, no luck in that one went in AA26 which according to Phil Hellmuth is the 2nd best starting hand, no good against KK and no low, oh well.

made a few dollars in cash my overall cash profit is now +$119, helped by a very loose player who thought his image would push me off this hand clicky to see unfortunately for him I had been watching him be a donk for at least 10 mins so after a short dwell I called thinking I was likely to be ahead, and yes I was by miles.

also reg"d for the .25c rebuy to the Manc IPT I took a $8.88 seat down for .75c but took it as TD$ as I think I could spin it up in SNG rather than play a rebuy i had no intention of rebuying in.

totaliser

+$377.03 +8.88 TD$
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)