Author Topic: $20 SATELLITE ON BETFAIR - 22/2  (Read 50433 times)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: $20 SATELLITE ON BETFAIR - 22/2
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2010, 22:18:57 PM »

playing style was subject to change

playing style ? oh yes that elusive nirvanna I strive for  ::)

fraac

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2010, 22:40:46 PM »

Should I not have played the satellite as I won"t know for certain that I can play the event until March 14th? I see it as a good chance to let the Betfair software deal with APAT administrative work.

No, in that case, you played the sat with the intention of playing the main comp. In the situation Geo was discussing, the player was DELIBERATELY playing the sat with sole intention of making a profit.

I don"t think it"s so cut and dried. I played knowing I have x% chance of taking the profit. I assumed I could simply unreg, in fact that"s why I had no concern about playing the satellite, but if I have to do the seat exchange I"ll want $120.

My feeling is if you have rules/ethics that differ from what"s technically possible so that you can"t distinguish between misfortune and abuse then the rules are poor.

But it seems it"s decided so fair enough. Fwiw playing style wouldn"t change; it"s a satellite, you either win or you don"t.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2010, 06:37:47 AM »
OK, perhaps I worded that wrong.

I"m happy with anyone playing the sat if they intend to play the main comp IF POSSIBLE (as you indicated).

The emphasis, perhaps, should have been on the words SOLE INTENTION in my objections.

Of course, the situation can be abused (regardless of the rules...otherwise it wouldn"t be abuse :)) but we should strive to point out the potential issues so that the rules/procedures can be adjusted accordingly.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 06:41:21 AM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
Re: TONIGHTS $20 SATELLITE ON BETFAIR
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2010, 18:23:18 PM »

I have added a new card but when I try to deposit i get a "navigation to the webpage is canceled". I am guessing something on my PC is blocking it. Anyone know how to get round it?

Hey Suz xx

I had same problem, however got over this as follows:

When you click on your account you get a message asking if you want to only download the secure info as some of the info may be loaded through an unsecure http.

You need to choose the no option, I did and had no problems from there.

Hope this helps

Geo

thanks for the info, tried it and works a treat , many thanks again