Author Topic: Official World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread  (Read 18531 times)

noble1

• Platinum Member
Re: Official World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 03:10:28 AM »
England captain Rio Ferdinand will miss the World Cup after suffering ligmament damage to his left knee in the team"s first training session in South Africa.

The 31-year-old has been ruled out for up to six weeks and Tottenham centre-back Michael Dawson is to fly out later on Friday as his replacement.

well everything is going smoothly as usual lol , its great to have Les Dawson as the replacement ;D  just good ole Ledley to get crocked now and we have no more centre back reserves...

When we play the Yanks its gonna be a piece of - wee wee :)
[youtube=425,350][/youtube]

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2010, 16:05:10 PM »
[youtube=425,350][/youtube]
not bad :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 00:44:32 AM by noble1 »

Denis67

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2010, 20:44:36 PM »
Who do APAT members fancy for the World Cup?  Any value bets to be had?  Have only had one myself so far (Forlan at 66/1 for top tournament goalscorer), would be interested to see where the sensible money is going...........    
Baldrick, we're in a very sticky situation, we're in the stickiest situation since stickty the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2010, 21:14:04 PM »

would be interested to see where the sensible money is going...........    

Dont think this qualifies but I"ve gone for USA EW @ 50/1 (4 places paid on BSQ)

tbh there is very little value in betting on the WC as the bookies have all the markets pretty well sewn up
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2010, 08:36:06 AM »
Opened an account with Bet365 (£100 which they have matched) so £200 to play with. Going to try and bet on every game or until the money runs out

Bet 1 Mexico to WIN
Bet 2 France - Uruguay  DRAW

See my blog
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:27:38 AM by nosey-p »

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2010, 14:16:22 PM »
England preparing for a big push in South Africa:

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 16:41:27 PM by MintTrav »
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010, 04:23:11 AM »
wowser it still bugs me thinking about Rob Green's howler , the media have had the usual knee jerk reaction , i"m just surprised no one has shouted for a recall of Gordon Banks or Peter Shilton.. What is it with our keepers? Green, Scott Carson, Paul Robinson, David Seaman, David James should all team up to do a utterly butterly "butter fingers" commercial imho... The press/media are not content with England as usual , so Fabio"s idea of announcing his team at the last minute is under attack , i had to laugh because they dont mention Alf Ramsey used the same approach...
What else has happened so far? the football is to round , the vuvuzela is annoying and zeee Germans played like Brazil [by far the biggest sickner imo] ... Not many goals so far and some pretty drab games but luckily Ascot is a saver to flick over to [came in handy during Slovakia/New Zealand and Portugal/Ivory Coast]
Brazil/North Korea was ok ish but only cos the commies played far better than was expected , so back North Korea to win the World Cup imo but only after the state broadcaster edits the footage.
England dont play again till Friday so if Emile Heskey manages to avoid crippling another key player whilst training, it'll be considered a successful World Cup for him imho, although to be fair to him in the USA game he almost crippled Howard , boy oh boy Heskey is soooo GOOD lol anyone else find it worrying that he was considered our best player?

NEWSFLASH - England players have been advised to protect themselves in training from Emile Heskey by disguising themselves as a goal..

England training ground rumour revealed - Rob Green has trained today and in 3 hours he had 4,000 shots fired at him and did not concede a single goal. Tomorrow, Green and Heskey will train with the rest of the squad.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 05:17:08 AM by noble1 »

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2010, 21:07:22 PM »
I think the best bet on the world cup is about to become Mexico vs Uraguay being a draw!!!  

Just gone onto Betfair, and its already 4/6!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 21:12:26 PM by Waz1892 »
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Howezy

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2010, 18:08:05 PM »
Did anyone else have 2-2 for Slovenia v USA? i had a bet at 15/2 at HT... im pretty happy now :)
Unders construction

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2010, 21:22:32 PM »
fkn terrible.

that is all.

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 23:46:36 PM »

fkn terrible.

that is all.

to keep the faith alive - we didn"t lose BUT the Zeee Germans lost :)

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2010, 09:02:54 AM »

fkn terrible.

that is all.

Took the words right out of mouth...which is a good thing, as I"m still speechless.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2010, 10:30:59 AM »
I dont know where to begin....

before everyone starts going on about formation, tactics, gerrard on the left, heskey up front, 442, 433 etc blah blah blah....

Just remember that we played pretty much that side and formation for most of qualifying and everyone was lording it as a huge success after dispatching teams much superior to Algeria.

the "problem" goes much beyond tactics and selection......sadly this problem will only come to light once we are dumped out of the comp...so we can only speculate.

I fear that the management and their regimes and routines (whatever they are) are the root cause. Something has happened, that we don"t know about, that has caused disharmony in the camp. It would explain how the team was leaked...

Rob, you are a genius.

baldaceguy

• Bronze Member
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2010, 11:00:33 AM »
I have just realised.....all along its been a secret Italian mission to destroy English football forever......well thats my excuse..... otherwise the only answer is we are crap and i dont believe that.... how can you make Rooney look like a third division player unless its a cunning plan to destroy us.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2010, 11:05:13 AM »

I have just realised.....all along its been a secret Italian mission to destroy English football forever......well thats my excuse..... otherwise the only answer is we are crap and i dont believe that.... how can you make Rooney look like a third division player unless its a cunning plan to destroy us.

As Insane as this theory is, I"ve not seen anything to think otherwise
Rob, you are a genius.