Author Topic: OnLive Discussion  (Read 46633 times)

asarge

• Silver Member
Re: APAT World OnLive Championship
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2007, 09:28:47 AM »

I think its a crap idea but i don"t care because of these reasons;

A. its half 7 in the morning, i havent been to bed yet and can"t think of points to argue on because my brain feels like its shutting down.

2. i would of played in this whatever you organised  ;D

D. i"m going to bed to sleep all day then travel to walsall, see you all on saturday.

you must be tired, you argues points, did not go 1-2-3, nor did they go A-B-C.
instead you chose to use A-2-D.
think your in need of sleep! ???

suited_jock

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2007, 11:03:05 AM »
Surely this has got to be password protected!! in what events did we have to wade thru 500+ people to get points..

Increase in number in an MTT = increase in luck factor I don"t think the dougal"s and nosey-p"s having played hard for a whole season would lose a good shot at an EPT through having to play in a minefield

my2c

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2007, 11:17:22 AM »
So...if the previous PS tourneys there had been 500 runners every time you would have complained then?

The fact is the BlueSq are sticking up a considerable sum...BlueSq members are APAT members so no password is required/necessary.

Poker = Life...it sucks some times...deal!
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

AllanD23

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2007, 13:24:26 PM »
Well done Des,
Only one event to go and you can put a seal on season 1, a great effort by your whole team for which a lot of us are very grateful (mostly those of us with medals :-))
Good luck to mark and nosey for the last event, hopefully one of you will get 2nd...to me of course.

75-100 bucks does seem a bit cheap though, it"s actually cheaper to win the World Amatuer than it is to win a national...i"m not complaining though as i would play it regardless and although the money is secondary to the title (or in fact third to the added prize of a wsop seat which would be second to the title :-) ), I suspect the pot will be bigger than for a national anyway. Just doesn"t seem quite right in the scale of things.

My only moan would be my usual moan about the points allocation, particularly for online tourneys, it still seems a bit harsh that you can beat 15 people in plymouth and get 9 points but you can struggle your way through 250 online only to finish 10th and get squat. I"m unclear why online is undervalued like this?

Surely the online points allocation could be done in a similar way to normal payout structures? there"s plenty of structures that could be applied pretty much as they are with a bit of judicious rounding thrown in. Example, 270 entrants, you could either go for 27 points for 1st and then work down to 27th getting one point or if you wanted to stick to the maximum of 18 as per the live events then you could spread them over 27 places, the final table could get from 18-10 points, 2nd last table could get 9 down to 5 spread roughly evenly then 20th -27th get 4 down to 1 point again spread roughly evenly.
I"m sure everyone has better ideas but at least the online points should be equivalent to live tourneys, they"re probably harder to win.( i did read someone talking about this before and going on about travelling to live events etc. well it"s a poker championship, not a travelling championship :-) )
This way, consistency would be better rewarded regardless of whether live or online and give you a better spread of players in the rankings.
Gripe over.

The password issue is interesting, the games used to be password protected and although apat wants more members, what you"ll get is potentially thousands of one time players who don"t care about apat and probably won"t play again and if you find yourself having to do administration for thousands of members most of whom are not active and only played one apat by accident/coincidence, you"ll be making life difficult for no reason. That doesn"t apply so much to the live players, but an online tourney can have any name and it doesn"t need to mean anything to a player, it"s just another tourney that they fancy at the time. If it lets you enter then why not play. That will definitely be the case with the world championship due to the wsop seat but the way i"m looking at that is if I want to be the world champion then i need to beat anyone and everyone so it"s not bothering me (but i can see why nosey would be a bit miffed as he"s not just concerned about the single event but the whole season, possibly 1000 players whose only interest is the wsop seat and who only play in the very last event of season 1 thereby influencing the point of the whole season over the past year, to find the the APAT Champion....would be fairer to not have the seat as an added prize but i"m certainly not suggesting that :-). Oh des, you guys have so many hard problems like that one to deal with lol glad it"s not me.
Suppose you could just make the seat an additional prize for existing members, that would at least force people to notice the event and register with apat, surely making a bit of effort if you want a good prize wouldn"t be that hard, and if they have to find something out about apat to register then there"s a better chance they"ll stick with it rather than just play the one tourney for the wsop seat)
Also gives you a chance to filter out the pro"s, well, the one"s you know about at least...

Anway, thanks again to apat for an enjoyable season 1 so far and i look forward to playing in the Worlds (and taking most of nosey"s chips again :-)).

Best Regards,
jukes.
p.s. note to self, learn to write short emails...

H-Man81

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2007, 13:57:30 PM »

p.s. note to self, learn to write short emails...

You"re not kidding Allan! Have you taken a day"s holiday to write this email  ;)

AllanD23

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2007, 15:47:05 PM »
nah, lol, quiet day at work :-)     (there we go, a one liner ! )

Ericstoner

• Bronze Member
  • It's getting harder, my feet are biginning to drag
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2007, 15:48:27 PM »
I"ve finally got out of my sickbed,and i say bring it on no resevrtions, no no moans, ca n"twait.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2007, 17:31:58 PM »

I"ve finally got out of my sickbed,and i say bring it on no resevrtions, no no moans, ca n"twait.

Nice one Brendan.  Just stay away from my left.... ;D
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Zukertort

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2007, 19:28:21 PM »
This final season 1 World OnLive Championship will appeal to current members and will attract many more who i am sure will add to APAT's growth. One thing that needs clarification for me though is how it will effect the current leader board with Mark on top with 43 points.
Although points are allocated as per APAT's previous season 1 championship events, they do not appear to have any relevance to the current season 1 leader board? Assuming that none of the current season 1 points leaders score, then is"nt Mark the APAT season 1 winner? Does this win give Mark a winners package seperate to the Worlds Series Package on offer to the OnLive Champion?

Please clarify for me  ::)      

Dewi_cool

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2007, 22:07:40 PM »
suggest onlive tourney is password protected, password only available via pm on this forum, would increase apat members and forum members imho
Ex Captain Team 'Cymru'

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2007, 22:15:40 PM »

This final season 1 World OnLive Championship will appeal to current members and will attract many more who i am sure will add to APAT's growth. One thing that needs clarification for me though is how it will effect the current leader board with Mark on top with 43 points.
Although points are allocated as per APAT's previous season 1 championship events, they do not appear to have any relevance to the current season 1 leader board? Assuming that none of the current season 1 points leaders score, then is"nt Mark the APAT season 1 winner? Does this win give Mark a winners package seperate to the Worlds Series Package on offer to the OnLive Champion?

Please clarify for me  ::)      

Yes.  There are two packages up for grabs.  By my reckoning, any one of the current top ten players in the rankings could win the player of the year title and expenses paid entry to the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure event.  The winner of the OnLive alone will win the WSOP seat.  

Robbiebox

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2007, 00:52:16 AM »

The online section will play down to a final table of 6 players. 

These 6 players will then compete at a live final table, starting with the same seat and chip position as they finished online.  

So  will, the blinds stay the same level. Could people scrape into 6th/5th place and have to travel half the country or more to sit down with 1 BB???
2010 WCOAP HORSE Silver
2011 WCOAP STUD Gold
2011 WCOAP Online OMAHA HI/Lo Gold
2012 GUKPT Bolton PLO Champion
2014 WCOAP OMAHA HI/LO Silver
2018 WCOAP TRIPLE STUD Gold
2019 The COUNTIES Gold

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2007, 08:01:48 AM »

The online section will play down to a final table of 6 players. 

These 6 players will then compete at a live final table, starting with the same seat and chip position as they finished online.  

So  will, the blinds stay the same level. Could people scrape into 6th/5th place and have to travel half the country or more to sit down with 1 BB???

they could stay at home and get blinded off. I"m sure the money would still end up in his/hers BSQ account.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2007, 14:23:06 PM »
Buy in at $75-100 too cheap IMHO. Should be £75 i.e. $150 at least, since this is the standard buy in for Live Events.

Other than that looks great.

After all if there are 1000 runners as everyone seems to think, at $150 buy in, this would actually generate enough $$$$$ for 12 WSOP ME packages of $12500 each!!!!!

How fantastic would that be, to have 12 x APAT members playing in WSOP Main Event?

I presume though that every check will be made to make sure that those who are playing are indeed amatuers.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2007, 14:35:35 PM »

Buy in at $75-100 too cheap IMHO. Should be £75 i.e. $150 at least, since this is the standard buy in for Live Events.

Other than that looks great.

After all if there are 1000 runners as everyone seems to think, at $150 buy in, this would actually generate enough $$$$$ for 12 WSOP ME packages of $12500 each!!!!!

How fantastic would that be, to have 12 x APAT members playing in WSOP Main Event?

I presume though that every check will be made to make sure that those who are playing are indeed amatuers.

Correct me if I"m wrong but, its not a satellite. Money collected will be paid out using whatever payout structure is in place. The WSOP main event seat is added as extra by our kind sponsors BSQ.

Amateur thing may be a problem for this one though
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D