Author Topic: Saturday Donkey  (Read 570119 times)

bigredders

• Gold Member
Re: Saturday Donkey
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 12:43:33 PM »
courageous and kansai spirit @haydock. Plus music show @ leopardstown. Gl all!

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 02:25:50 AM »
well i"ve got to have a punt at the silver and gold cups at Ayr and have my shortlist down to a few ;D , so if you fancy laying them lol lol so be it..

AYR 2:15 - William Hill (Ayr) Silver Cup Handicap

Tiddliwinks - if he reproduces his steward sprint form he has a great shout from a high draw with Pavershooz and Joseph Henry setting the pace they may well set it up for a hold up type like tiddles...
Lowther - very lightly raced 5 year old, he finished 2nd in this race last year off a 3lbs higher mark, following the same pre race prep at donnie route as last year..
Something - Dandy Nicholls say no more, 5lbs claimed by Billy Cray.. Finished 2nd on Courageous for Dandy yesterday in the bronze cup, also on evens and odds when winning the stewards cup also for Dandy, this is just the type of horse that Mr Nicholls having had him for a year or so now may well pull something out of the bag with..
Joseph Henry - could well lead all the way..
Misplaced Fortune - has a great shout if he reproduces his recent York and Ripon form, interesting jockey booking of Dale Swift claiming 5lbs, he won the bronze cup on Cheveton yesterday...

AYR 3:20 - William Hill (Ayr) Gold Cup

one stat that holds up well in the gold cup is avoid the first three in the betting like the plague, especially the favourite.. so my shortlist looks like this -
Damien - given that he ran well [especially early part] at times this season when the stable have been under a cloud/in out form may bode well. Just have this feeling that Mr Hills had this race in mind as a target all along..
Redford - Dandy Nicholls and Frankie Dettori say no more..
Noverre To Go - nearly horse last twice, mothballed since the stewards cup with Ross Atkinson claiming 5lbs this may well be enough to sneek a win...
Knot In Wood - this race has been the target since last years 3rd, previous year runners have a good record in the gold cup, the odds compilers have the price way wrong for this one imho , trading at 37"s on betfair as i write this..
Evens And Odds - no surprise if he completes a stewards/ayr gold cup double, if anyone knows who buys the horses for dab hand racing then get them to find one for you, whoever does it has a good eye..

good luck all.........

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 08:59:12 AM »
I"ve just studied the Ayr gold cup (3.20).High draws prevailed in the sprints on the first 2 days of the meeting. Jonny Mudball is drawn 25 and likes to blaze a trail from the front and could be hard to peg back.Redford is interesting now being trained by the king of sprinters Dandy Nicholls,he"s been running over further and tumbling down the weights he has  the added bonus of Frankie on board.Finally being a scotsman i cant leave out Hawkeyethenoo,looking to give scotlands its first win in the race for 35 years.A rapidly improving horse.Drawn in 16 might not help this hold up performer but heart rules the head here.Most firms going 5 places ,so plenty of value to be had.
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 11:17:25 AM »

I"ve just studied the Ayr gold cup (3.20).High draws prevailed in the sprints on the first 2 days of the meeting. Jonny Mudball is drawn 25 and likes to blaze a trail from the front and could be hard to peg back.Redford is interesting now being trained by the king of sprinters Dandy Nicholls,he"s been running over further and tumbling down the weights he has  the added bonus of Frankie on board.Finally being a scotsman i cant leave out Hawkeyethenoo,looking to give scotlands its first win in the race for 35 years.A rapidly improving horse.Drawn in 16 might not help this hold up performer but heart rules the head here.Most firms going 5 places ,so plenty of value to be had.

I am on the Mudball ... TID

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 12:45:48 PM »
ASCOT 3:40 - totesport.com Challenge Cup

having gone to ascot yesterday i was intending to keep my dosh firmly in my wallet and just watched the 1st race. The 2nd race cumani had rock n roll ransom, i could not resist and lumped on at 2/1 and he duly obliged. The drinks were on me, and by heck my lass doesn"t half neck em when they are free and her girlfriends were more than willing to help spend my winnings.
the 3rd race i foolishly announced that if little garcon won i"d treat everyone to a day out at newmarket, williaim buick tucked in about last till 1 and a half out and asked garcon to go, he must of had a nitro oxide kit installed as the horse left everything standing to win with a head to spare.
pollys mark was in the 4th and i thought he was almost a shoo in, mr cox having had a winner in the 1st all added upto lump on BIG, so off i toddled to the same bookie who i had backed little garcon with, i could see the fear in his eyes lol lol he had just lengthened polly out to 5/2.. well the race certainly got my adrenaline going as the favourite ferdoos got to the finish line along with pollys mark, i was convinced ferdoos had snatched it and then they announced the photo in pollys favour and off i trotted with a broad grin to my mate the bookie, i could see he was thrilled for me LMAO... anyhooos that close call persuaded me that was enough for the day..
Right onto todays challenge cup and i love trying to solve these cavalry charges, this race has had its fair share of big priced winners over the years so its always worth a tickle imho. Got my shortlist down to some obvious and some not so obvious, i like to back the not so obvious in this race so avoid these if u wish :)

Light From Mars
Gallagher
Imperial Guest
Kyllachy Star
Sarasota Sunshine

i fancy Kyllachy Star to win it and i"ve had some savers on the rest :)
GLA

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 15:21:06 PM »
anything blue with a jockey called frankie on it

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 16:23:07 PM »

anything blue with a jockey called frankie on it

;D

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010, 01:13:52 AM »
well i was at Newmarket today [friday] and having seen dream ahead i must say wowser, he made the others look very ordinary.. one for the 2000 guineas if it is soft going without a doubt imho , good ground plus then the obvious frankel but patchfork may well spring a surprise..
well for the saturday donkey lets have a go at 3 of the toughest big field races at newmarket :)

1:55 - £300,000 Tattersalls Millions [only 21 runners]
Together - the favourite for good reason, its got a touch of class and she is quick ;D

2:25 - £500,000 Tattersalls Millions [only 27 runners]
State Opera - a Mr Johnston late 2yo debutant , just the one run a couple of weeks ago at hamilton , worth a punt imho , Mr Haggas has a once raced horse called Fury with fallon aboard which maybe a danger..

3:40 - Cambridgeshire [only 35 runners]
Taqleed - errr well handicapped imho should have at least another 10lbs... got 12"s today , its getting backed down so maybe shorter yet...
Emirates Dream - can frankie make it a hat-trick of saturday big handicaps , good chance to do so on this.. i"ve took/snapped up 20"s on betfair....

gla , may the punting gods be with you....

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2010, 09:20:44 AM »
Big pot in the scoop 6 today ,anyone having a go. Will post my picks later.
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2010, 12:28:08 PM »

well i was at Newmarket today [friday] and having seen dream ahead i must say wowser, he made the others look very ordinary.. one for the 2000 guineas if it is soft going without a doubt imho , good ground plus then the obvious frankel but patchfork may well spring a surprise..
well for the saturday donkey lets have a go at 3 of the toughest big field races at newmarket :)

1:55 - £300,000 Tattersalls Millions [only 21 runners]
Together - the favourite for good reason, its got a touch of class and she is quick ;D

2:25 - £500,000 Tattersalls Millions [only 27 runners]
State Opera - a Mr Johnston late 2yo debutant , just the one run a couple of weeks ago at hamilton , worth a punt imho , Mr Haggas has a once raced horse called Fury with fallon aboard which maybe a danger..

3:40 - Cambridgeshire [only 35 runners]
Taqleed - errr well handicapped imho should have at least another 10lbs... got 12"s today , its getting backed down so maybe shorter yet...
Emirates Dream - can frankie make it a hat-trick of saturday big handicaps , good chance to do so on this.. i"ve took/snapped up 20"s on betfair....

gla , may the punting gods be with you....

Were you still there for the end to watch Scottish Boogie stroll home in the last?

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2010, 12:29:59 PM »

ok combine a virtual perm jack :)

1.55 nmk - Together , Masaya
2.25 nmk - State Opera , Formosina
2.45 red -  Charlie Cool ,  Kiwi Bay , Daaweitza
3.00 nmk - Music Show , Rainfall , Sent From Heaven
3.20 red -  Morache Music , Ballista , Ladies Are Forever
3.40 nmk - Taqleed , Emirates Dream , Credit Swap , Nationalism

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2010, 12:33:22 PM »

Were you still there for the end to watch Scottish Boogie stroll home in the last?

Richard Hughes had the biggest grin ever :)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2010, 16:03:16 PM »

Pleasing to win a coin flip by 19 lengths ...

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2010, 16:22:46 PM »

ok combine a virtual perm jack :)

1.55 nmk - Together 3rd 13/8, Masaya 1st 20/1
2.25 nmk - State Opera , Formosina 3rd 7/1
2.45 red -  Charlie Cool 2nd 10/1 ,  Kiwi Bay 1st 5/1 , Daaweitza
3.00 nmk - Music Show , Rainfall 3rd 6/1 , Sent From Heaven
3.20 red -  Morache Music , Ballista 3rd 33/1, Ladies Are Forever 1st 3/1
3.40 nmk - Taqleed , Emirates Dream , Credit Swap 1st 14/1, Nationalism

meh got the place pot up for the scoop 6 with this lot , throw in Fury and if jack had plumped for Sahpresa in the 3 o"clock then then the scoop6 woulda been won :) [in virtual reality land :)] where were your selections jack?? it coulda of been a virtual jackpot :o
apat scoop6 syndicate?

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2010, 16:26:32 PM »

Pleasing to win a coin flip by 19 lengths ...

eased down 1/2 a furlong out ...