Author Topic: Saturday Donkey  (Read 565966 times)

ronaldo07

• Silver Member
Re: Saturday Donkey
« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2011, 11:24:47 AM »

small punt on roderic o connor for a bit of interest, got a bit to find with frankl but i might get a run for my money

+1

GLGL
Team GNF member Bronze medal S4
Team GNF member GOLD S5

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2011, 12:22:03 PM »
Native Khan e/w in the guineas for me. Dandino and Jonny Mudball have also been jinxed.  :D
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

mousebob

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2011, 21:58:20 PM »
FRANKEL..Awesome.
Wish I"d been there.
Report please Noble.
The harder I work,
The luckier I get.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: May 01, 2011, 00:46:45 AM »

FRANKEL..Awesome.
Wish I"d been there.
Report please Noble.

saw he had a pacesetter, but that plan went out the window the moment he shot out of the stalls.

The only thing to compare it to would be watching Usain Bolt at his school sports day.

Awesome!!
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

bigredders

• Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: May 01, 2011, 01:02:43 AM »
Awesome performance couldn"t believe the pacesetter couldnt keep up! I had Dubawi Gold at 85-1 on betfair so a little gutted that a wonder horse was in the race!

As for tommoro, its all about MEMORY....lump lump lump! I love me is a lively outsider.

Good luck all

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: May 01, 2011, 09:47:59 AM »
well apart from the going reports prior to goodwood and thirsk being totally out i had a ok day yesterday :)
Frankel :) hmmm took the breath away, what more can u say, he went for a stroll and the others could not match his cruise speed.. i"ve been looking at the race times and doing the going allowance etc and Frankels figures are way ahead of anything in recent years.. i"ve re-checked 4 times  :) lol lol , he idled towards the end but still looked as if he"d pick up again if asked hence i"m still scratching my head wondering what sort of figure he"d do if he went flat out :)
having been down newmarket watching him on the wet gallop prior to this and seeing TQ having a job to ease him up at the end, in theory he"ll be better over longer... he is in good hands with Henry C [none better imho] so no doubt he"ll have some training regime sorted for the monster...
i"m off again today, hoping Maqaasid wins the 1000-G, lumped on antepost so i"m biased  :) Clear Praise and Jack My Boy in the 3.50 i"ve backed plus a tad bit more on course is the plan....

good luck if you are punting today....

for those interested here is a link on Frankels dosage figure - http://www.chef-de-race.com/dosage/classics/2011/2011_2000_guineas_preview.htm

timeform ratings, Frankel has been given 142 for now - http://www.chef-de-race.com/articles/timeform_highweights.htm

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: May 01, 2011, 11:50:53 AM »
Misty for me in the guineas. Contredanse in the 2.35
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

bigredders

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2011, 00:36:10 AM »
Not strictly a Saturday but what are everyones bets for Chester/Punchestown?

Have to be on Fadhaa in the last IMO....will improve for the step up in trip and Hills loves a winner at Chester. Also on Blue Jack in the handicap sprint, i have heard a good word that he will not be out of the first 3...he has also won a listed race at the track last year.

As for the Chester cup, i think Mount Athos would be massively interesting if he had a better draw...also Red Cadeuax, although i don"t like backing hold up horses at Chester.

Oh and one more...El wasaami in the maiden EW...love backing Clive Brittains on their 2nd start...although has a live one to beat in Columbian.

Good luck everyone!

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: May 04, 2011, 04:15:36 AM »

Not strictly a Saturday but what are everyones bets for Chester/Punchestown?

Have to be on Fadhaa in the last IMO....will improve for the step up in trip and Hills loves a winner at Chester. Also on Blue Jack in the handicap sprint, i have heard a good word that he will not be out of the first 3...he has also won a listed race at the track last year.

As for the Chester cup, i think Mount Athos would be massively interesting if he had a better draw...also Red Cadeuax, although i don"t like backing hold up horses at Chester.

Oh and one more...El wasaami in the maiden EW...love backing Clive Brittains on their 2nd start...although has a live one to beat in Columbian.

Good luck everyone!

for me Kauto for the gold cup- x, hurrican run saturday, at chester swingkeel ew- x  , in the sprint doctor parkes - 1st 10/1, a funny bugger who lost his way last year and ran well on his seasonal debut under top weight in a competitive class4 hc over 6f, drop back shouldn"t be a prob, ok draw bottom weight, hanagan on board, speculative :)

glgl redders
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 19:01:31 PM by noble1 »

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2011, 21:15:50 PM »
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=6616.msg137063#msg137063

got into a discussion about pace, can it be applied to uk racing? meh the lack of info is a stumbling block imho.. or should i say the lack of freely available info??
when u visit the BHA site - http://britishhorseracing.org/resources/media/ratings.asp , for newcomers to horse racing is there enough info for a beginner ??
other sites offering form etc are just lengths beaten, a poor analysis sometimes, dodgy ratings? and not much else..

now compare to say Hong Kong - http://www.hkjc.com/home/english/index.asp
there free user guide - http://www.hkjc.com/english/formguide/userguide.asp?FrmRaceNum=01
there race cards - http://www.hkjc.com/english/racing/startersR1_e.asp
there form guides - http://www.hkjc.com/english/formguide/formguide.asp?FrmRaceNum=01#
there tv coverage - http://www.hkjc.com/english/press/showcase.asp - is it better [as in analysis?]

horse weights. sectional times and speed figures, press for a pace map etc etc stats galore, trainer, jockey and draws etc etc fitness ratings etc...

what to make of the BHA site , is it good enough?

thacker

• Bronze Member
« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2011, 21:05:07 PM »
There is plenty info and thats why I win "the pace"

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2011, 04:18:43 AM »
Couple of donks for the Victoria Cup calvary charge at Ascot...

ASCOT 3:25
Gouray Girl - x
Brae Hill - 4th 9/1

brae hill 2 good recent runs in the lincoln and the spring cup, dropping back a furlong wont be a problem and lee topliss claims a handy 5lbs.. gouray girl a lightly raced 4 year old who looked in need of a run on her debut at yarmouth, stepped up from 6f to 7f at the end of the 2010 season for the 1st time winning cosily at newbury, may have a tad more in hand...

glgl whatever u punt on today................
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 19:02:46 PM by noble1 »

bigredders

• Gold Member
« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2011, 10:35:37 AM »

Couple of donks for the Victoria Cup calvary charge at Ascot...

ASCOT 3:25
Gouray Girl
Brae Hill

brae hill 2 good recent runs in the lincoln and the spring cup, dropping back a furlong wont be a problem and lee topliss claims a handy 5lbs.. gouray girl a lightly raced 4 year old who looked in need of a run on her debut at yarmouth, stepped up from 6f to 7f at the end of the 2010 season for the 1st time winning cosily at newbury, may have a tad more in hand...

glgl whatever u punt on today................

Im on Noble Citizen....beeen aimed for this race, loves the course...worth a go at 40-1. Also Shammadar....this is a group horse in a handicap, has won at the course before. just hope its good enough to do itself justice first time up.

Also look out for Kingsgate Native in the last at Ascot. They firmly believe that this could be a very good 4yr old...might need a run first time out but still worth backing at 25-1 even so.

GL everyone.

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: May 14, 2011, 02:18:54 AM »
FA cup day, sorry Rob :) ""come on STOKE"" , now that city have there millions and have secured 4th spot i think its only fair that Stoke win today, plus what with all that money your boys have, now i"m green with envy being a toffee man and strangely i just luvvvv it when City get beat.. lol  :)
Scratched my head tbh with the media tripe about the FA cup not being at its usual date, with the champions league final only in 2 weeks it would make sense to move it forward would it not? Again next year with the Euro champs surely again it makes sense to give our precious England 4 weeks rest before destroying all before them lol lol... Then all back to normal for 2013, whats all the fuss?

So onto some Saturday donking with the usual tough competitive races to sort out, avoid these if you dare !!! lol  :o

NEWMARKET 1:45 - Benandonner - 1st 16/1
NEWBURY 2:35 - Novellen Lad - 1st 16/1  
NEWMARKET 2:50 - Chiberta King - x
NEWMARKET 3:25 - Glencadam Gold - 1st 2/1
NEWMARKET 5:10 - Sumbe - x
THIRSK 3:50 - Advanced - 2nd 13/2
THIRSK 5:00 - Strike Up The Band - 2nd 12/1

Scoop 6
NEWBURY 2:00 - Akmal & Polly"s Mark
NEWBURY 2:35 - Novellen Lad , R Woody & Addictive Dream
NEWMARKET 2:50 - Chiberta King , Trovare & Nanton
NEWBURY 3:10 - Labarinto & Dominant