Author Topic: Saturday Donkey  (Read 570502 times)

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • To be the man you have to beat the man
Re: Saturday Donkey
« Reply #285 on: August 21, 2011, 19:13:13 PM »

Moyenne Corniche - each way - ran well in the Northumberland, just ran out of gas 1.5f out.. LTO was over 10f so put a line through that, has Dale Swift riding claiming a handy 3lbs..

Great pick again noble

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #286 on: August 22, 2011, 02:08:09 AM »

Moyenne Corniche - each way - ran well in the Northumberland, just ran out of gas 1.5f out.. LTO was over 10f so put a line through that, has Dale Swift riding claiming a handy 3lbs..

Great pick again noble

tyty TJE, the blind squirrel sometimes finds the nut :)

hope the stag do went ok, recovery can be a bitch ;)

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #287 on: September 03, 2011, 09:45:42 AM »
HAYDOCK 2:30
English Summer - ew punt with a slim chance of a upset at a big price, ran better than it looked lto, not a good price for Tominator today imo and the market fancies are pretty much priced up ok.. n/r

HAYDOCK 3:35 - Betfred Sprint Cup
Elzaam - he caught my eye at Newbury, he ran well at Ascot on unsuitable ground, lto i"ll forgive his run at Newmarket, he just doesn"t seem to act there the 3 times he"s tried.. worth a little win bet... - x

i"m not going over board today with the gg betting today, tough racing with many a contender having chances in most races...

Workforce for the Arc is my ante post fancy, ignore all his runs in small fields as this tricky bugger needs cover or he pulls and hangs left [as per lto in the king george].. Ground wise should be ok unless it gets really unusually dry in France, he has a sound chance of achieving a Arc double imho... - x

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 17:00:29 PM by noble1 »

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #288 on: September 03, 2011, 13:28:19 PM »
Haydock

2.00 Navajo Chief
2.30 Shernando
3.00 Medici Time
3.35 Bated Breath

Kempton

2.15 Simon De Montfort
2.45 Layline

Ascot

3.15 Brae Hill
3.45 Halfsin

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #289 on: September 03, 2011, 17:35:41 PM »

Haydock

2.00 Navajo Chief
2.30 Shernando
3.00 Medici Time
3.35 Bated Breath

Kempton

2.15 Simon De Montfort
2.45 Layline

Ascot

3.15 Brae Hill
3.45 Halfsin

shocking afternoon...

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #290 on: September 04, 2011, 15:06:21 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_tbrUtZF0M[/youtube]

a gr8 std of goalkeepers in NI i see ;D

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #291 on: September 07, 2011, 21:17:55 PM »
Doncaster - Thursday

1.25 Vassaria
1.55 Alanza
2.25 Mehdi
3.00 Set To Music

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2011, 11:45:52 AM »
Running Good

I play about 16 MTTS in a month (500 + runners) I cash about 4 times of them and run deep twice (out of the 4) and FT once (out of the 4) and for every 4 times I FT I will be in the top 3 once. So on that basis I run good once every four month or every 64 games, is that good or bad? On those stats if I was to play 16 MTTS a day I will run good every 4 days. You see players on TV who always seem to be running deep in tournaments but how many tournaments have they entered? For me "running good" is in the short term or another word for "got lucky more than once in a week"

Wayne imo the strike rate in donkaments depends on buy in, number of runners and that little bit of luck in whichever seat u are assigned.. Hitting the top3 spot percentage wise in say 800+ fields is at most over a decent sample no more than 3% imho. To see how often/tough mtts can be then just look at OPR and check out moorman, Deeb or Bax etc who have consistently won there fair share over the years. ITM finishes range from only in the 15 to 17% area, the top3 % is only in the 2% ballpark [all dependent on buy in and field size]... Interesting stuff variance in mtts, but to win or finish top3 if say players are ITM any higher than 18%+ over a decent sample then they are probably playing a little to tight.. My thoughts on the luck element in a donkament is that if u are constantly/near enough getting your chips in ahead then u are wayyyy to tight, in order to finish in the elusive top3 spot u need to have a wee bit of sub-optimal play in your armoury.. [just not to much :)] i can think of a few hands when i have won or finished deep in big field mtts where going with my reads/stack size and whatever stage/level i"ve been at that i ended up getting in a spot totally dominated pre or post and binking a 3outer etc ;D.. BUT if that wasn"t within me to put my chips/stack at risk in certain situations then i"m pretty sure i"d never of gone deep or won etc..

nice blog post to read btw sir...

I was doing my usual lurking across the forums and i came across this - http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=54944.0
it reminded me of the time i wrote about deciding if the villain was betting for value or bluffing on the river when hero is oop on tricky textures [when hero has a strong"ish but not nutted hand]
i put here in the donkey thread but the mods re-titled and moved it, the responses disappointed me as i thought it was worth a wee bit of discussion :( .. in the above thread depending on what level of thought the players are at, even if u thought at say ""what hand/s is villain putting me on"" ... villains bet sizing etc plus heroes reads then if say hero thought about initially is villain bluffing or betting for value then considered villains bluff range, the board texture and his reads/thoughts throughout as the hand played out then i found it intriguing that no mentioned that villain used his 4x hand as a blocker, especially so since when hero led into 5 players that villain using his blocker would of helped him pinpoint heroes possible hand [then add in the board texture etc] it just shows imo at how whatever level u think at then it can be crucial to not just instantly think about the villains range but judge what level they are on thought wise and what they perceive heroes range as... hard for me to put in writing, but i hope u get the jist of what i"m saying regarding thought level etc...

On to the racing and good luck with your picks Tje, i spent a few hours going through the card at Donny and its a no bet but watch day for me..
Sorry for last Saturday as i had a punt on Bauer, i should of done my usual 2 or 3 picks and put it up, especially so after English Summer got pulled out.. Meh but i was busy etc so apologies to anyone who met back some of the donks i put up.. A friend of mine who has a couple of horses with Cumani had told me about Bauer and that on a recent visit how well the horse looked and that the tendon injury which had held him back since well u have to go back to his 2nd in the melbourne cup was finally sorted... Big big price on the day and virtually over looked by the punters, no doubt he will be going into quarantine soon and heading out to Australia once again, keep a eye out on the prices as he may well go one better...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYLTzXFVcb0[/youtube]

my short list for todays tv races, i could not pin point anything at a price i was happy with so sods law they"ll most likely all romp home :)

DONCASTER 1:25 -
Royal Blush
Amis Reunis
Poetic Dancer - 2nd 13/2

DONCASTER 1:55 -
Alanza - 1st 11/4
Chachamaidee [the top 2 are priced up about right imo] - 3rd 5/2
Dever Dream [finished behind Chachamaidee at Goodwood, todays ground and galloping track maybe enough to reverse placings] - 2nd 13/2

DONCASTER 2:25 -
Factory Time - 2nd 33/1
Betty Fontaine
West Leake Diman
plus add the obvious - Bogart [but not worth it at the price he is]
all picks but Bogart are rather big prices, tough race to sort out and nothing leaps out as being in the same league as last years winner Wootton Bassett, slim hopes for a big price shocker :o

DONCASTER 3:00 -
Meeznah - 1st 5/2
Goldplated [interesting]
Sense Of Purpose

good luck all, lets hope our donks sprout wings today....

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 17:32:23 PM by noble1 »

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2011, 17:01:54 PM »
2.25 Opinion Poll
3.00 Fallen For You

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #294 on: September 08, 2011, 21:20:34 PM »
1,25 Angels Will Fall
1.55 Eternal Heart
2.25 Opinion Poll
3.00 Regal Realm

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #295 on: September 09, 2011, 07:12:54 AM »
DONCASTER 1:25 -
Requinto - 1st 100/30
My Propeller - x

DONCASTER 1:55 -
Hawk Mountain - x
Old Hundred - 1st 16/1

DONCASTER 2:25 -
Motrice - 3rd 9/2

DONCASTER 3:00 -
Regal Realm - - x

get on Blue Bunting imho for the big one tomorrow.. - x
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 17:03:35 PM by noble1 »

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #296 on: September 10, 2011, 06:29:19 AM »
DONCASTER 2:35 - Portland Handicap
Addictive Dream - 3rd 14/1
Secret Witness - - x
Lui Rei - - x

DONCASTER 3:10 -
Blue Bunting - as above
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 17:05:15 PM by noble1 »

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #297 on: September 11, 2011, 08:46:55 AM »
Haven"t really bothered with the gee-gee"s this year tbh but was desperate for the loo on Thursday, while unfortunately getting a new bathroom fitted. Nipped down my local Coral shop and decided to make a donation as I was feeling guilty about using their convenience. Stuck a fiver E/W on Close To The Edge at Wolverhampton and it finished strongly as expected to win at 12/1  ;D
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #298 on: September 11, 2011, 11:52:12 AM »

Haven"t really bothered with the gee-gee"s this year tbh but was desperate for the loo on Thursday, while unfortunately getting a new bathroom fitted. Nipped down my local Coral shop and decided to make a donation as I was feeling guilty about using their convenience. Stuck a fiver E/W on Close To The Edge at Wolverhampton and it finished strongly as expected to win at 12/1  ;D

MBFN
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #299 on: September 11, 2011, 11:56:13 AM »

MBFN

Yeah mate it was FN, but only pays for the new towels for the new bathroom. I really need to stop telling Anne about these things  :D
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017