Author Topic: Saturday Donkey  (Read 571131 times)

CincinnatiKid

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
Re: Saturday Donkey
« Reply #630 on: June 09, 2012, 13:28:31 PM »
Important german derby trial UNION RACE will held on sunday at Cologne Race Course. Hot fav willl be NOVELLIST, but keep an eye on ANDREAS! At the moment best fixed odds for ANDREAS are 250/10 Win and 58/10 Place. If he"ll run a good race the odds crash down. Since 2010 it"s possible to make a post-nomination for german derby. So I"m unsure that there will be a international crack like Buzzworld 2010. To bet a horse at this early stage it"s always monopoly. ;D
Follow my Poker Twitter @CINK1D
Follow my Horseracing Twitter @AG_CGN
Ex Team Lucky Squad
Captain Ex-Regional Team Europe
Member Ex-Regional Team East of England
Member Ex-Luton Poker Club

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #631 on: June 09, 2012, 16:32:09 PM »

What a pity, I"LL HAVE ANOTHER scratched fom Belmont Stakes. No chance to win the Triple Crown after more than 30 years. Retired with a tendon injury. Great horse ! :"(

its disappointing Achim, i"d loved to seen him get the triple...

NEWMARKET
2:55 -
Shropshire @10"s+
El Viento @25"s+

DONCASTER
3:45 -
Prime Exhibit @10"s+
Bay Knight @16"s+

CHESTER
3:10 -
Licence To Till @11"s+
Tres Coronas @11"s+

L to Till wins at 16/1 for a nice 11 point profit.... tyvm............

CincinnatiKid

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #632 on: June 14, 2012, 18:40:25 PM »
Haydock 2.R. Mowhoob

Ex Team Lucky Squad

CincinnatiKid

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #633 on: June 14, 2012, 19:28:38 PM »

Haydock 2.R. Mowhoob

Disturbed by favourite, 51/1 GLORY AWAITS wins it. Big surprise at Haydock.
Ex Team Lucky Squad

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #634 on: June 15, 2012, 04:15:48 AM »
YORK 4:10 -
Le Toreador  14/1+
Haajes  20/1+

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #635 on: June 16, 2012, 02:15:34 AM »
YORK 2:05 -
Hanoverian Baron  @11/1+
Ascalon @22/1+

YORK 2:35 -
Halfsin @15/2+

YORK 3:10 -
Lily"s Angel @20/1+
Nameitwhatyoulike @14/1+

YORK 5:15 -
Green Park @7/1+
Go Go Green @16/1+

SANDOWN 2:20 -
Ventura Spirit @10/1+

SANDOWN 2:50 -
Karaka Jack @11/1+

SANDOWN 3:25 -
Ballesteros @3/1+

SANDOWN 4:00 -
Captain Scooby @9/1+
Bouncy Bouncy @6/1+

my approach is not for the selective punter who wants sure things :) but there is logic to my picks and its profitable, i just cannot be bothered to write a load of drivel justifying my selections ;)
although in the 3:10 at York if anyone fancies the hot favourite Priceless Jewel at around 5/1 in a competitive sprint with 20runners, take a look at Roger"s comments -

RC"s quote before the race at Kempton which she won cosily on the AW during all the rain way back in early May [has it stopped yet?]
There are a few interesting runners in todays race but I am expecting her to run well as her work has been encouraging, but I would have preferred to have run her on the turf but unfortunately there are no suitable races which aren"t being run on soft or heavy ground.

soft at York today....... her action suggests it would be suited to better ground so don"t go bezerk if you are backing her today..... [now watch her hose up lol]
so ends the drivel for today ;D
good luck whatever you punt on today, may the gambling gods bestow great luck upon you..........
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 06:16:56 AM by noble1 »

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • To be the man you have to beat the man
« Reply #636 on: June 16, 2012, 13:42:42 PM »
York

2.05 Itlaaq
2.35 Classic Colori
3.10 Pea Shooter
3.45 Tullius

Sandown

2.20 Takeitfromalady
2.50 Weapon Of Choice
3.25 Free Zone

Royal Ascot next week...

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #637 on: June 16, 2012, 16:48:00 PM »

York

2.05 Itlaaq
2.35 Classic Colori
3.10 Pea Shooter
3.45 Tullius

Sandown

2.20 Takeitfromalady
2.50 Weapon Of Choice
3.25 Free Zone

Royal Ascot next week...

hooray :)  tough enjoyable punting with more rain to come lol lol .....

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #638 on: June 18, 2012, 15:34:17 PM »
Queen Anne Stakes ASCOT 2:30 -
Frankel
Red Jazz [place bet - around 9.2 on BF atm]

King"s Stand Stakes ASCOT 3:05 -
Wizz Kid
Ortensia

St James"s Palace StakesASCOT 3:45 -
Lucayan
Power

Coventry Stakes ASCOT 4:25 -
Dawn Approach [currently 5"s on BF]

Ascot Stakes ASCOT 5:00 -
Fiulin ew
Ashbrittle

Windsor Castle Stakes ASCOT 5:35 -
Smoothtalkinrascal

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #639 on: June 18, 2012, 20:24:17 PM »
Royal Ascot Day 1

2.30 Frankel

3.05 Joy And Fun (ew)
      Stepper Point (ew)

3.45 Power

4.25 Sir Prancealot

5.00 Cosimo De Medici (nap)
      Twin Soul (ew)

5.35 Cosmic Chatter (ew)
      Trinityelitedotcom (ew)

Gutted I am working all week so won"t be able to catch any live action until Saturday - Frankel the star in the Queen Anne, simply a phenom!!!

GL all

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #640 on: June 19, 2012, 07:25:56 AM »
unlucky James, u could lump a large sum on Frankel and then have a sickie for the rest of the week :)

the races i"m looking forward to are obvious the 1st, to see how Frankel is progressing, in the 2nd Ortensia has improved so much since Paul Messara took over the training of her.. Yet to lose for Paul in 3 races, the last 2 being group1"s, her run in meydan in the Al Quoz sprint was exceptional. Messara is a great young trainer and the last horse that he ran over here in the July Cup Alverta finished 3rd to Starspangledbanner and he rates this mare Ortensia much higher, she"s been here training at Newmarket since early April so it will be interesting to see how his judgement of bringing over this speedy mare turns out.
the 3rd race the St James"s i"m more intrigued to see how Lucayan gets on, his sire Turtle Bowl finished second on the freshmen sire's list last year in France, French Fifteen [by Turtle Bowl] won the group1 Criterium as a 2yo and then ran well in our 2000 Guineas and then Lucayan won the French version, Turtle Bowl stands for a fee of 6,000 Euros atm, somehow i think that fee maybe rising in the near future :) Lucayan was considered a shock winner in the French 2000 but i"ve watched it over and over and i can"t see any reasons as to why he can"t reproduce that form, in fact all the french horses have a decent shout, with the prize money in France now being the best in europe and generally the whole race structuring getting better and better, in future we met in the UK have to get used to the idea of more winners of our top races coming over from France, maybe it will start this year, who knows :)

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #641 on: June 19, 2012, 22:50:20 PM »
Tough first day punting wise - but Frankel was simply outstanding, a true wonder horse.

Nice pick with Dawn Approach Noble - looks likely to train on next year also

Royal Ascot Day 2

2.30 Valbchek & Telwaar (ew)
3.05 Chachamaidee & Captivator (ew)
3.45 Reliable Man (ew)
4.25 Belgian Bill, Trade Storm & Capail Liath (all ew)
5.00 Projectisle & Satsuma (both ew)
5.35 Switcher & Hello Glory

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #642 on: June 20, 2012, 04:55:04 AM »
Meh its just variance and the law of randomness James :) we"ll slot one in at a big price at some point, maybe it wont be at Ascot :) but at another meet, we"ll play the long run....
Agreed on Frankel, another slaughter that some sceptics are playing down, i did a little maths on the speed ratings and looking at the turftrax feed, they clocked Frankel in his race in a furlong 0.2 secs faster than Little Bridge"s fastest in the King"s Stand....... in the 3f to the 2f mark Frankel ran it in 10.58 secs , Little Bridge from the 4f to 3f marker ran his fastest furlong clocking 10.78 secs... thats just phenomenal fast for a miler, it will interesting to see what Black Caviar clocks :) will it shut the Aussies up? naaaaaa :o

ASCOT 2:30 -
Bannock
Producer

ASCOT 3:05 -
Emulous
Nahrain

ASCOT 3:45 -
Farhh

ASCOT 4:25 -
Prince Of Johanne
Dimension
Don"t Call Me

ASCOT 5:00 -
Hairy Rocket
Upward Spiral

ASCOT 5:35 -
Devotion
Duntle

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #643 on: June 20, 2012, 18:31:11 PM »
ok not a bad day picks wise,the hunt cup was profitable i had 18"s on Prince Of Johanne, 10"s on Dimension and Don"t Call Me i had managed to get on ew at 66"s - Prince of Johanne won and Don"t Call Me finished 3rd..
Farhh was 3rd but if u are into your racing then watch the replay and watch the home straight, they highlighted it on the BBC as it was fairly obvious but Farhh got hampered a couple of times by the big American lump, in my view if getting a clear run Frankie met of got up, but thats racing..
Hairy Rocket and Upward Spiral came home 3rd and 4th in the Queen Mary, both are worth following again in similar conditions, HR i think will improve a tad more on good to firm going, Upward Spiral will improve no matter what, she"s a lovely big thing who will only get better as she grows...
Duntle won the last nicely and will get better as the season goes, i"m not convinced she"s a top class group1 type but she"ll hold her own and i"ll follow her but i won"t go crazy backing her with large sums.. Devotion ran a shocker but i"ll keep an eye out to see what route AOB takes with her...
of the horses that ran in the opening two races the 2 to take from them was Producer and Emulous, it shouldn"t be to hard to find a race for those two... Bannock hmmm met be of interest if he turns up at the Glorious Goodwood meet, Nahrain i"ll avoid for now in future...

Day 3 tomorrow and as ever it will be tough, my shortlists aren"t very short :) so i"ll while the night away going back through video replays with a beer or 2 :)

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #644 on: June 20, 2012, 21:55:11 PM »
DAY 3
ASCOT 2:30 -
Cay Verde
Reckless Abandon

ASCOT 3:05 -
The Fugue

ASCOT 3:45 -
Colour Vision