Author Topic: Saturday Donkey  (Read 570286 times)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Saturday Donkey
« Reply #780 on: April 13, 2013, 10:44:40 AM »
1.50 Doncaster
Donny Rover 11/8, 6th to Mick"s Yer Man C&D last time out who went on to win next time out. NAP

2.20 Doncaster
Chandlery 11/2, long layoff with injury but a class horse at a good price (has long as he is back to his best) slight negative about the ground. If this was a 8 runner race then I would be piling on EW.    

3.30 Doncaster
York Of Glory 16/1 EW

2.40 Kempton
One Word More 5/1 was 3/1, drifting in the market which is a worry, maybe just one to watch

3.15 Kempton
Burkes Rock 13/2  EW

3.50 Kempton
Solar Deity 7/4

Zurigha 5/6

5.00 Kempton
If you like a gamble how about Thology 25/1 EW
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:06:44 AM by nosey-p »

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #781 on: April 18, 2013, 14:14:16 PM »
couple of winners at Kempton Wayne [nice pick with One Word More]

On the turf its yet to get going for me to get involved with serious stakes but after being at the races yesterday [bloody windy] i"ve lumped a bit on Hot Snap for the 1000 Guineas, its hard to see anything thats far superior at this stage, Certify was a proper Group1 2yo which was backed up by the times she recorded plus she has a good turn of foot [sign of class imho]

I"ve had a speculative punt on Tawhid for the 2000 Guineas who i hope will shorten today after the Craven prep, his run in the Horris Hill last year makes him a contender imo.
I"ve also had a dabble on George Vancouver in the 2000 Guineas market, he looked the type physically who would train on from 2 to 3 and Dawn Approach is way to short for the 2000G, he had way to many races as a 2yo plus Bolger has constantly been quoted how lazy he is at home, so my theory is that Dawn Approach will be a bugger to get fit.. [plus i like opposing Dewhurst winners, apart from the year Frankel won it of course :)]

Derby wise Telescope might shorten even more if Stoute aims him at the Dante, but at a price i"ve had a dabble on Trading Leather who Bolger has entered for the Derrinstown Stud Derby Trial [plus entries for the 2000G and the Dante] I"m hoping he takes the Derby route as he looked the type to improve, especially if he gets to run on good or faster ground..

Today at Ripon in the 3.20 6f sprint i"ve had a couple of small win bets on Swilly Ferry and Chunky Diamond in a very wide open race on paper [Baldemar was of interest but at single figures its a swerve unless he drifts]

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #782 on: April 20, 2013, 00:10:21 AM »
Scottish Grand National @ Ayr 3:50

the short list -
Rigadin De Beauchene
Bradley
Auroras Encore
Neptune Equester
Rebeccas Choice
Lively Baron

so my magic pin plumps on -
Rigadin De Beauchene @20"s
Bradley @16"s
Rebeccas Choice @20"s

reserve - Neptune Equester @14"s

Tawhid ran a duffer, likely he needs soft ground so if it rains come 2000 Guineas day it might not be such a bad bet :)
Others to note from the craven meeting - the obvious Hot Snap and the first two home in 10f h/c Soviet Rock and Hillstar trained by Balding and Stoute. Hillstar is entered for the Dante and the Derby and the race time suggests he"s up to that sort of level. These two maybe on the same sort of ability level as Main Sequence and Wigmore Hall who have won this race in the past. [so i"ve had a little nibble at 105"s for Hillstar on betfair with the view to some possible trading if he turns out as good as what the time figures suggest]

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #783 on: April 20, 2013, 06:48:28 AM »
The John Porter Stakes @ Newbury 1:50
Noble Mission

Spring Cup @ Newbury 2:20
Educate
Haaf A Sixpence

The Fred Darling Stakes @ Newbury 2:55
Desert Image

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #784 on: April 20, 2013, 10:19:48 AM »
2.20 Newbury
Global Village

2.55 Newbury
The Gold Cheongsam

3.50 Ayr
Our Mick  ;)
Nuts N Bolts

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #785 on: April 23, 2013, 04:24:14 AM »

On the turf its yet to get going for me to get involved with serious stakes but after being at the races yesterday [bloody windy] i"ve lumped a bit on Hot Snap for the 1000 Guineas, its hard to see anything thats far superior at this stage, Certify was a proper Group1 2yo which was backed up by the times she recorded plus she has a good turn of foot [sign of class imho]

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=1054047

hmmm was she on them last year? crikey its a good job its Sheikh Mohammed"s own little training operation plaything, the going rate of £75 a day per horse with a decent top trainer at Newmarket and your horse couldn"t race cos the trainer has been a tad underhand, i"d do my nut >:(

2000 Guineas - i"ve had some each way money on Fort Knox at 33"s and 25"s, again soft going won"t be a problem, Dubawi his sire gets all types of ground, so at a decent price i think its worth a punt that even if come the day the ground is good or better at Newmarket that Fort Knox might even improve [like Makfi]...
A horse he beat last year at Newbury Sea Shanty hosed up at Windsor last night off a very generous h/c mark :)
http://www.racingpost.com/horses/result_home.sd?race_id=575724&r_date=2013-04-22&popup=yes#results_top_tabs=re_&results_bottom_tabs=ANALYSIS
if you get a chance watch the race, me thinks Sea Shanty might be worth following for the next few races...

Fort Knox meanwhile has won the Leopardstown 2000 Guineas trial stakes this year back on the 14th rather cosily in a oddly paced race, maybe going too quick early for the ground conditions BUT Knox hosed up the home straight beating a decent runner up... http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/14-04-2013/leopardstown/result/555689/leopardstown-2-000-guineas-trial-stakes-listed/video
Thats my 2000G antepost book sorted , one duffer [it seems] who will relish soft going, a typical A P O"Brien type in George Vancouver who will love quick conditions and a dark horse type in Fort Knox..
Hot Snap for the 1000G and come closer to race day i might back something else if it stands out....

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #786 on: April 24, 2013, 13:37:01 PM »
EPSOM
2:20 - West Coast Dream 20/1
        Taurus Twins 14/1

2:50 - Scatter Dice 10/1

3:55 - John Biscuit 10/1

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #787 on: April 27, 2013, 00:02:54 AM »
LEICESTER 3:55 - Chandlery - ew 10/1+ bog
                        Producer - 4/1+ bog

SANDOWN 3:15 - Ektihaam - 3/1+ bog
                        Burano - ew 20/1+ bog

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #788 on: April 27, 2013, 13:29:29 PM »
K Fallon got one ride at Doncaster in the 8.15 Estemaala

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #789 on: April 27, 2013, 14:02:02 PM »
The Gold Cup at Sandown - Away We Go has a great chance on his Irish National 2nd, how on earth he opened up at 25"s is bizarre and surprise surprise he got steamed into.. A sneeky punt might be Becauseicouldntsee but at small stakes..

The 2.20 at Ripon soon gets under way and i"ve backed two - Desert Creek and Lord Aeryn , i"ve not gone bonkers :)

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #790 on: April 27, 2013, 14:41:03 PM »

K Fallon got one ride at Doncaster in the 8.15 Estemaala

and look out for Oddysey in the 19.15, beat Two For Two at Redcar by a head, both clear of the field by 6L, Two For Two just demolished a decent cl3 h/c at Ripon... 3/1 for Oddysey looks fair...

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #791 on: May 04, 2013, 00:16:28 AM »
Some of my 2000 Guineas ante post picks have fallen by the wayside just leaving George Vancouver.. 1000 Guineas i"m only interested in the Sir HC filly :) Hot Snap, i"m happy with the 5/1 i got, that"s looking value to me...

Van der Neer is my only other pick for the 2000G, i"ve got on at 25/1, his price has since been cut to 20"s in general.....

Reasons to oppose the front 2 in the 2000G [apart from the obvious cos of the short prices about the pair :)]

Dawn Approach
He has the right blend of speed and stamina for this race with a dosage of 1.67 and a CD of 0.38.. He was the Champion 2 year old last season and never got beat, so i should be lumping on right? hmmm the odds are rather skinny ;D
Plus if you look at the records of how the 2 year old champions fared as 3 year olds it makes 7/4 15/8 look off putting, 14 of the last 25 2yo champs failed to win in group1 company over a mile plus, if you look even deeper into the stats the early debut and the amount of runs as a juvenile Dawn Approach had count as negatives against him [plus did i mention the short odds :) and he"s no Frankel imho]
In the Dewhurst he was nearly two lengths behind his pacemaker Leitir Mor and Manning had to get rowing before he picked up, on soft"ish going that day thats ok but if he repeats that on quicker ground [plus 1st race of the season] i can see him getting beat by one or two...
Quite rightly he is the favourite to win but he isn"t for me at the odds.....

Toronado
Unbeaten, Mr Hughes is saying all the right things and so the media band wagon gets rolling.. What have i seen? there"s no doubting he"s group class, but group 1 class over a mile? hmmm from what i gather from his past form is that up to now he hasn"t beaten any real decent horse yet, in the two pattern class races he won as a 2yo the horses he beat they went on to run 30 times, not one of them has won a race.. hmmmm 2/1  :)
Add in the stats for Craven winners, only 1 has gone on to win the 2000G out of the last 21 to try that particular double..
Ok ok the media pundits point out how impressive he was in winning the Craven, yes it was a quick time BUT the one advantage i had of being there to see it rather than watch it on the TV is that i know it was bloody windy that day, Toronado just about had a tail wind which aided his front running tactics [possibly :)] , in fact that day there was 4 front running winners which kind of makes me think that the tail wind was definitely helping that day, PLUS Soviet Rock ran the 2nd fastest 10f ever at Newmarket that day [from the front].. So if anyone mentions what a great speed rating Toronado produced that day, please be sure to ask them what adjustments they made for the wind ;)
Is he on the likely winner list? of course he is, BUT the odds are way to short ;) plus his dosage index is 0.89 which suggests the Derby the better target of the 2 classics.. In recent times the DI for the 2000G winners has been a avg of 1.73 although the last 2 Frankel and Camelot were both 0.94, is there any logic to believe Toronado is in that sphere of ability?

Any outsiders?
Only 2 realistic ones imho - George Vancouver and Van Der Neer
The DI for this years 2000G ranges from 0.89 Toronado to 2.43 Glory Awaits @ 200/1 , the sweet spot from a DI point of view plus what form there is to go by points at GV and VdN as being the most likely dangers to the front 2 in the betting..
GV can possibly make up 3.5 lengths on Dawn Approach on quicker ground, is action suggests it, his subsequent race in the breeders cup backs that up.. Worth chancing at the prices each way imo...
VdN hasn"t done anything wrong, ran a good race in the racing post trophy on unsuitable ground [for him] and backed that up with a good run lto at Lingfield, a good prep 28 days before the 2000G and suitable time to recover [oh thats another negative for Toronado, only 16 days off between races]
so VdN is a tasty each way punt as well imho.....

possible 1234 - [take your pick from these :)]

1 - Dawn Approach
2 - George Vancouver
3 - Van der Neer
4 - Toronada

Mars could be anything but has had just the one race, O"Brien has never prepped any of previous 2000G winners this way so maybe eyeing this more as a prep for the Derby..
Cristoforo Colombo hasn"t raced beyond 6f, his pedigree says he will stay but why did O"Brien not run him over 7f last year if he had the Guineas in mind for him?
Garswood looks like he"ll make a better sprinter than a miler, it won"t surprise me if he turns up at Royal Ascot with an entry in the Jubilee Stakes.
Leitir Mor is surely just a pace maker, strange things happen though :)
Kyllachy Rise is yet to win, what is Sir HC thinking? the owner wants a day out is my guess...

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #792 on: May 07, 2013, 20:20:58 PM »
Chester Cup @ 2:45
Buckland 12/1 bog [the obvious improver]
Address Unknown 16/1 bog [smells like this race has been the plan for some time]

others of interest
1:45 - Quatuor

2.15 - Salhooda @3/1+ worth a bet 10/3 7/2 generally available at the moment as written
        Gertrude Versed

3:15 - Captain Dunne
        Noble Storm

one for Saturday if she gets in Betfred Victoria Cup at Ascot - Tartiflette [good enough ability wise to be group class, in the past she has tended to idle when getting her head in front but the penny has dropped in her last 2 races..]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 05:25:58 AM by noble1 »

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #793 on: May 08, 2013, 10:01:27 AM »
on Buckland @ 12/1 to, did see 14/1 this morning. But i do like Countrywide Flame

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #794 on: May 08, 2013, 19:23:12 PM »
CHESTER [tomorrow 9th May]
5:00 - Tres Coronas 7/1+ is ok, good run lto behind Icebuster, will run his race no matter what the going tomorrow.
        John Biscuit 12/1+ is ok, 7th and 4 lengths behind Area Fifty One lto at Epsom, this form will get underestimated.