Author Topic: which club?  (Read 12789 times)

AJDUK

• Gold Member
Re: which club?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 18:28:39 PM »
Put in an official complaint or stop the continual sniping FFS
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 18:36:17 PM »

good choice Shonky :)

Pot-hunting obv

I think you have quite a few players who fall outside your jurisdiction, I believe the same can be said of Walsall

I"m only aware of 2 Chris and I can (attempt to) justify them if you"d like.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 19:51:47 PM »

Thanks for the replies.  I had to rule out Birmingham, which left notts and luton.  I"d be happy to play with either club but I"ve decided to register with Luton as they are the closest club as the crow flies, and also closer according to google route maps.  Not sure yet when my first match will be, but at some point i"ll see you all at the tables.

Welcome Shonky to Luton.  Please ensure you register your interest on our members club page before you play your 1st league for us.

Delighted you have chosen Luton, and welcome aboard and very much look forward to seeing you at the tables.

Yours Warren (Luton Capt)
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 14:10:35 PM »

Put in an official complaint or stop the continual sniping FFS
here here that man
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 20:00:29 PM »
I would like to acknowledge the "digs" on this thread, and other places where I have come across it within the forum towards our club and the location / distance of some of the Luton Poker club members, and it seems, the way I go about our continued recruitment efforts which clearly have niggled at some people.

Firstly I accept 100%, the "digs" are without a doubt within the APAT sprirt and 99.9% of the comments are purely banter, which I have taken as such and will continue to do so.

That said, for the sake of arguement, I"m sensitive to the issue, and would hate to think others are deemed "glory hunters" by joining our club just because we have a few more members than most at the present time.

As a result I have completed a mini survey of distance of our most active members (19 of them) and the distance between home and Luton.

We average 59miles, including our German friend, and 40miles without him.

Not sure how that pans with other clubs, but I"m sure we aren"t the worst.

Cheers,

Warren (Proud Luton Captain)

Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013