Author Topic: APAT Ladies Team anyone???  (Read 24379 times)

blowfly

• Silver Member
  • "AKA Mrs D"
APAT Ladies Team anyone???
« on: November 06, 2010, 22:23:46 PM »
I have put in a request for APAT to consider having a ladies team to represent them. I"ve sent a few of you facebook messages and had a positive response so, am biting the bullet.....

Please express your interest below if you"d like to be considered to participate in a ladies team. Please note you MUST be a bona fide female and ugly blokes in frocks will not be considered (you know who you are DAN!)

Let"s see if we can get enough players to put our hat in the ring for selection ....

To start the ball rolling I"m in ....

Debjani Duncan

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: APAT Ladies Team anyone???
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 22:37:12 PM »

Please note you MUST be a bona fide female and ugly blokes in frocks will not be considered

bugger

maxine4matt

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 22:46:02 PM »
hi please could u consider me for the ladies apat team ,i never won anything except 1 bronze medal and cashed once at a apat live event ,i would though give 100 per cent ,so im asking too be considered ,or for any team in fact lol thanks maxine

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 22:51:44 PM »
Think it"s a great idea and would jump at the chance if I weren"t already aiming for a spot with ChezGer.  Shouldn"t be a problem for ye filling a team though.  Run them ragged!

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 23:09:55 PM »
Can I please apply for a place in the ladies team. After all, ladies are allowed to apply for the other APAT teams so surely you wouldn"t be sexist and not allow men in your team.

;D

Claw75

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 23:12:26 PM »

Can I please apply for a place in the ladies team. After all, ladies are allowed to apply for the other APAT teams so surely you wouldn"t be sexist and not allow men in your team.

pretty sure the suggestion is to split the apat forum into two teams - one men and one women.  i might be wrong though.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 23:56:15 PM »
I think I may just qualify

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 23:57:25 PM »
To be fair, you were brilliant on our Ladies footy team back in the day.  Shame about the injury.   :D

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 02:03:32 AM »
The plan is to have two APAT teams, Champions and forum.

To have more is tricky because we anticipate being oversubscribed on requests for teams compared to spaces available.

Whilst we would love to accomodate as many APAT teams as possible, and there have been other requests for APAT teams too, one of the aims of the Championships is to promote APAT as widely as possible, and introduce some new communities who to date haven"t had too much exposure to APAT

So we have to balance that with the desires of many to have more than 2 APAT teams, and to celebrate all the diversity of APAT.

Now I"m not saying categorically no at this stage, but I don"t want you to be getting your hopes up, please

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 04:33:45 AM »

The plan is to have two APAT teams, Champions and forum.

To have more is tricky because we anticipate being oversubscribed on requests for teams compared to spaces available.

Whilst we would love to accomodate as many APAT teams as possible, and there have been other requests for APAT teams too, one of the aims of the Championships is to promote APAT as widely as possible, and introduce some new communities who to date haven"t had too much exposure to APAT

So we have to balance that with the desires of many to have more than 2 APAT teams, and to celebrate all the diversity of APAT.

Now I"m not saying categorically no at this stage, but I don"t want you to be getting your hopes up, please

Sounds fair enough but I dont think Debs meant for an Apat Ladies team to be considered as an "Apat" team....more as a Ladies team who play Apat if you see what I mean :-/

I have already said I would be interested in playing in Debs team as it would be nice to woop some male ass but at the same time I would not want to qualify just because I have bigger tits than Dan Owston  ;D

I am trying to qualify for the blonde team which is no easy task but would happily give up my seat (if I qualified) to play in the Ladies team should we make the cut.

Debs, Max and I can hold our own against you lads and I am pretty sure we could get a few new members introduced into the team outside of Apat that will get you worried ;-)

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 07:59:31 AM »
Having a ladies team would be great, there are so many fantastic lady players within APAT who find it difficult each year to qualify to play on a team and are usually overlooked.

I know there are lots of forums out there wishing to gain one of the 25 team slots, but I hope that a ladies team will be considered, moreso as the ladies are 100% supporters of APAT week in week out and would love an opportunity to play this prestigous event.

I for one would be very interested in joining the ladies on this team and hope that the captain would consider me to play for them.
Mary Kivlin

maxine4matt

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 09:13:34 AM »
yes i think susazanne is right i dont think debs thought of it as a apat ladies team just a ladies team in a apat event much like any other team like blond or bcpc xxx

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 10:56:14 AM »
At risk of putting myself out there to be torn apart, I have to ask why a specific Ladies team is needed.

In football, rugby, athletics, and other such physical sports, there is a need to create gender specific competitions as physical differences separate male and female. I"m not sure what the physical differences are that separate us when it comes to a game of cards though, and therefore why there is a need to have a Ladies only team.

I play with a number of Ladies who are extremely good players, and who should all be striving to get into existing multi-sex teams, rather than trying to separate themselves by creating a Ladies only team. You"re all plenty good enough to make any of the existing teams - there"s really no need to create a new team for Ladies only to get a place in the competition.

I always question this whole Ladies only Poker thing anyway - in an inclusive society, I hate concepts that label and separate people by sex, race, colour, or creed.

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 10:58:03 AM »
Iv no problem with all lady teams as long as after we can chain you back to the kitchin sink and take away your right to vote
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 11:43:03 AM by bigalhx3 »

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 11:03:56 AM »

yes i think susazanne is right i dont think debs thought of it as a apat ladies team just a ladies team in a apat event much like any other team like blond or bcpc xxx

i think its the way she worded it "I have put in a request for APAT to consider having a ladies team to represent them"

you might be interested in this http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/wpl/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 11:44:00 AM by bigalhx3 »