Author Topic: APAT Ladies Team anyone???  (Read 24570 times)

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT Ladies Team anyone???
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2010, 00:26:48 AM »
Gr8 post Debs x
Mary Kivlin

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2010, 00:54:31 AM »
Couldnt have put it better myself.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2010, 06:16:02 AM »
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2010, 06:45:43 AM »
On another forum, they have a team event, the 1st year they had 2 of their own teams and the remaining places were made up with others, the next year they had 5 of their own teams in and the rest were made up of others that was their choice to allow their constant supporters in the teams....APAT have the power to do what they want, as they are APAT, nobody can tell them otherwise.

So when u say "then I don"t see how APAT can justify 3 teams" really it is not for you or anyone else to question that.
Mary Kivlin

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 11:33:30 AM »

I"m not sure anyone is slating anyone else to be fair

Or see how the debate is ridiculous

I understand everyone"s wish to play the event, but unless Des, Leigh and I change course (possible) the aim is to have two APAT teams and the rest from established clubs, forums, leagues

this unfortunately applies to the proposed Larry Murphy"s team, an APAT Ladies team or to the as yet secret but tricky to pick from "APAT over 20 stone blokes who like a drink" team.

But there is a Larry Murphys Forum.

http://larrymurphyspokerforum.lefora.com

Seems a pretty legit application to me, although I could understand why it would not make the cut. Surely if the ladies team was to start a forum then they would be a legit application as well. Starting a forum is easy enough.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 11:41:35 AM »
well that"s news to me, so thanks for linking to it

anyway, Des has posted the following this morning, indicating that getting under the umbrella of an exisiting forum/club etc is the way to go, rather than starting a forum mid way through the process to try and get a team in, to put the applications on an equal footing with the other teams that have applied

Debs I suggest you and your proposed team start a thread on the Women"s Poker Forum; having discussed with their admin, and then you are operating within the APAT guidelines for submitting a team.

I would be surprised if you have a number of international players who want to come and play, but you may get other UK ladies outside of your immediate group, who do apply to be part of your team.  That"s good, as it promotes APAT to new players and ultimately we"re here to give a very good experience for a low buy in to everyone.  Ultimately it will be your decision as team captain as to who plays in the Women In Poker team.

There is no guarantee whatsoever that this approach will get you through, however it would be a legitimate application and that means you"re in with a shot.

Larry Murphy"s on the other hand, is extremely unlikely to get through based on current guidelines.

shug

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 21:13:37 PM »
Sorry guys I seem to have started the ultimate fall guys for the APAT team championships.  Larry Murphys was started to try to take part in, and support, the team competition and we followed the rules that we were told that it should come through a forum. We thought a group of guys who had performed well in the live events might deserve a shot at entering a team. It was not meant to become the example of what not to do. I would happily withdrawn any nomination if it was causing hassle to the organisers :"(  I enjoy the APAT events and just wanted to play in another.
Can I start a select Shug for Scotland campaign without upsetting anyone ;)

Shug
2012 Home International Team Championships Gold Medal Winner... SCOTLAND