Author Topic: Grant's Glasgow Banter  (Read 197035 times)

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
Re: Grant's Glasgow Banter
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2011, 13:13:15 PM »
congrats again mate , and glad it was you who coolered me ! as for the 67 hand you jammy git lol !! Made up for ya going on and taking it down hope to see ya again soon fella  

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2011, 17:19:29 PM »
Hey Grant, sorry i missed the weekend(no not just Apat, the whole weekend). Hehe!

Anyway, congrats mate, so pleased you won a gold. You are a star matey, hope to see you in Nottingham.

Cheers Paul Mac :)
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2011, 23:40:02 PM »
Cheers again gang, had so much support and good wishes through here and my facebook wall, it"s really very surprising but just confirms what a great bunch of mates and poker players i have. i"m a lucky man.

Just reading some bits and pieces about the game and actually wasn"t quite aware how aggressive i was during the game. I recall the first 3 levels getting very little cards and having the patience of a saint, commented at one point that I"d seen 6/2os at least 7 times in first 2 hours. I pretty much built my stack on day 1 to 63k by not getting involved with anything that didn"t have serious potential, especially with a set miner 2 seats to my left and a table full of real potential, including my heads up opponnent Jamie, Richard Baker (18th) and Mark Lockhart (very unlucky to finish 8th) . Yeah I binked some serious flops and got a few cheap/free cards to river a few (Debs Duncan was on the wrong end of a 4 flushed ace of spades  ::) when she rivered the broadway)

Day 2 started with me 7th in chips planning to be cautious (wary of bubbling  :-\ ), but 2 short stacks changed that plan by shoving all in against me when i picked up pocket 10s and pocket kings early on. I very quickly ended up with a very playable stack of 140k then got more creative (that 6/7 hand against Scouse springs to mind). I found myself chip leader and the bubble bursting sooner than I had expected, really sorry it happened to Glasgow team mate Craig Rattray, especially after he built his stack up on day 2 from 38k to over 100.

Once we hit FT I became focussed on only 1 prize. Sounds arrogant at my level with my experience but my first 2 objectives (make day 2 then don"t bubble again) had already been achieved and I was now freerolling on a $20 satellite. More than anything I now wanted "my Scottish" trophy.

YeahI got aggressive from that point on and yo-yo"d quite significantly. On seeing the FT spectator standing acrioss from me with his Charlie Sheen "Winning" T-shirt, hearing Rob had changed his avatar to same and then escaping a huge donk against Jon Bannerman when he gave my all in shove some serious consideration before calling me on a 446 flop with AK against my A7. I luckily paired thae board and split the pot, Andy Duncan commented "that trophy has your name on it" and i actually believed it. Busting Martin with my runner runner flush when I"d plumped for my open end straight draw just confirmed things really 8)
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2011, 23:12:25 PM »
So the morning after the night before saw us head up to Aberfeldy for an already planned few days away. 4 days without poker (planned), almost without internet (unplanned - damn wi-fi in amongst the hills) and without alcohol (aye right!). Had a fantastic time, the scenery was pretty awesome and always good for the soul. A few pics below, the final one for Scouse especially - get yer lips round that fella (see below)

Aberfeldy

Schiehallion

River Tummel from Pitlochry Dam

Loch Tay

Braemar Princess Royal Stadium

Me and Anne (the badge Scouse, not the cigar  :D )

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2011, 10:33:36 AM »
Just returned home from two weeks away. I missed it all, no internet, no nothing.

VWP Grant, many congratulations ! Hope to see you at DTD.
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2011, 00:56:06 AM »

Just returned home from two weeks away. I missed it all, no internet, no nothing.

VWP Grant, many congratulations ! Hope to see you at DTD.

Cheers Ian, sounds like the kind of holiday we all need  ;) Down to work the DTD weekend, so far swapped the Sunday so just need a kind soul to fix the Saturday and I"m there.

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2011, 22:56:52 PM »
Got my seat for the APAT WCOAP and now looking forward to my next APAT adventure. Attempted about 6 times to book a room with Travelodge to join Pables, Phil & the gang at the Wollaton, but on each occasion was declined (don"t they know who I am????  :D )

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2011, 12:41:44 PM »

Got my seat for the APAT WCOAP and now looking forward to my next APAT adventure. Attempted about 6 times to book a room with Travelodge to join Pables, Phil & the gang at the Wollaton, but on each occasion was declined (don"t they know who I am????  :D )

gave up on Travelodge after calls to my bank and Travelodge didn"t reslove the problem. Now booked at Hylands, fairly close in Queens Rd. I"ll be driving down sometime on the Saturday and happy to take any travellers from Glasgow/M74 areas. PM me if you would like a lift.

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2011, 14:36:01 PM »
To be seen at a DTD table near you at the end of August, I really couldn"t help myself  ;D

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2011, 15:42:40 PM »
Would that be small, medium, large, xl, or above

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2011, 16:14:32 PM »

To be seen at a DTD table near you at the end of August, I really couldn"t help myself  ;D

Hopefully (maybe optimistically) Large will suffice  ::)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2011, 12:00:40 PM »
Carnage last night on 888 cash tables, thankfully still low level 5 c/10c but took a hell of a beating. memorable hands included AA busted by AK after 3/4/5 betting and all in pre (KK on flop  >:( ), QJ turned into a FH and chopped FFS, turned straights twice rivered by flushes etc etc etc and so on and so on..........
Gave up at $30 down, followed Rob"s progress at UKIPT despite the poor PS updates and hoping to cheer him to victory today when i finish work at 2pm. Get it sorted Rob and take it down mate, couldn"t happen to a nicer guy so glglglglgl 8)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 14:56:38 PM by Santino67 »

bhoywonder70

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2011, 01:23:28 AM »

Carnage last night on 888 cash tables, thankfully still low level 5c/10c but took a hell of a beating. memorable hands included AA busted by AK after 3/4/5 betting and all in pre (KK on flop  >:( ), QJ turned into a FH and chopped FFS, turned straights twice rivered by flushes etc etc etc and so on and so on..........
Gave up at $30 down, followed Rob"s progress at UKIPT despite the poor PS updates and hoping to cheer him to victory today when i finish work at 2pm. Get it sorted Rob and take it down mate, couldn"t happen to a nicer guy so glglglglgl 8)

Hi grant...I as you know play the same levels....for now...lol...I played a lil tonight..quickly lost 4 buy ins.....really annoying....but felt I was playing ok,n it was simply varience....I managed to win back 5 buy ins....so happy enough...I"m aiming to take shots at the nxt level soon....

My question to you is what is your criteria for moving up?
Apat Scottish online open gold medal holder 2008....

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2011, 15:01:17 PM »

Carnage last night on 888 cash tables, thankfully still low level 5c/10c but took a hell of a beating. memorable hands included AA busted by AK after 3/4/5 betting and all in pre (KK on flop  >:( ), QJ turned into a FH and chopped FFS, turned straights twice rivered by flushes etc etc etc and so on and so on..........

Hi grant...I as you know play the same levels....for now...lol...I played a lil tonight..quickly lost 4 buy ins.....really annoying....but felt I was playing ok,n it was simply varience....I managed to win back 5 buy ins....so happy enough...I"m aiming to take shots at the nxt level soon....

My question to you is what is your criteria for moving up?

You"ll probably get different answers to this Chas and would be worth starting a new thread in General Poker page. My philosophy is basically if I"m regularly winning at a certain level and building my bankroll and I then have the bankroll of 50 buy-ins at the higher level then I"ll move up. At the moment I have the bankroll to go up to 10c/20c but recently been yo-yoing up and down on 5 c/10c and not consistently rising so I"ll wait for now.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 15:10:42 PM by Santino67 »

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2011, 15:28:42 PM »
On the poker front had a lot of fun last night and got some of my recent losses back. Basically over a space of 10 minutes on one of my tables i turned $9 into over $40 because a Mexican guy named Gamas (serial 3/4 BB raiser) went on mega-tilt, here"s a wee summary of what happened.

First hand that started it was 4 way limped hand on my BB when i had J/7os. Flop came Q/7/3 rainbow and Gamas half pot bet after i checked, another guy called so i flat as well to see the turn. Turn gives me trip 7 so i check again coz I"m sure Gamas has the Q. He duly fires a half pot bet again, 2nd guy folds, I raise, gams re-raises i shove and he stupidly called with the Q and raggy kicker. No further help for him and he doubled me up.

He proceeded to give me some very personal abuse in the chat box, along the lines of you fishyyyyy piece if sh****t, you such a puuuuuu**y etc etc. I happily replied he"d been eating too much chilli coz of the amount of hot air he was blowing out of his a**  :D

Very very soon after he raised UTG to $1 and I picked up AQs on the button. I typed in chat box why don"t I let you win some back and shoved my $18+ all in, he insta called with A/10os and got no help again  ;D. Again a load of verbal came in my direction and I just had a good laugh at this guy blowing up.

Very next hand on his BB I had one limper to my right and I picked up KK, decided to limp as well fully expecting Mr Gamas to do the raising for me and he gladly obliged making it $2 to play. I had already started typing in the chat box Ok one more chance is all I"m giving you and shoved my stack in the middle. He called with A8s and re-loaded again  :D

So there"s the lesson for today, you feel like your tilting, click that "sit out" button, go make a cuppa, have a smoke, anything to get your head together for 5 minutes and let the pressure drop.