Author Topic: 888poker English Amateur Poker Championship  (Read 32093 times)

MartinOwlMan

Re: 888poker English Amateur Poker Championship
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2011, 13:49:56 PM »
What time does the omaha start on Sunday?

And how many runners are expected?

Thanks

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2011, 13:52:13 PM »

What time does the omaha start on Sunday?

And how many runners are expected?

Thanks

Main Event Day 2 starts at 2:30pm

Need to confirm with venue, but the side event should start around 3pm

It"s capped at 50 runners.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 13:54:54 PM by Chipaccrual »

MartinOwlMan

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2011, 14:29:07 PM »
Thanks for the quick response.

Is it likely to reach the cap of 50 players? I plan to travel down from Yorkshire on Sunday for the omaha tournament and am really looking forward to it - live omaha tournaments are so few and far between. I would be absolutely gutted if I arrived only to be told the thing is full.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2011, 14:33:25 PM »

Thanks for the quick response.

Is it likely to reach the cap of 50 players? I plan to travel down from Yorkshire on Sunday for the omaha tournament and am really looking forward to it - live omaha tournaments are so few and far between. I would be absolutely gutted if I arrived only to be told the thing is full.

The side events have proved pretty popular and Omaha particularly so it should fill up.

One thing though, if you are just travelling for this on Sunday, you should be aware that there is a small possibility that it will fill before you get there....not guaranteed...but it is possible.

You might want to investigate ways of getting bought in on Saturday...if there are any.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 14:49:29 PM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2011, 14:34:22 PM »
Is the added prize a seat or a package. IE: if you decide to play in cork will there be hotel/flight money etc?
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2011, 14:37:21 PM »

Is the added prize a seat or a package. IE: if you decide to play in cork will there be hotel/flight money etc?

Seats only.

mfcrocker

• Bronze Member
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2011, 10:06:29 AM »
Can we choose which UKIPT seat we take or is it just "the next one"? Would much prefer to do Brighton than Cork.

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2011, 10:29:49 AM »
Did I see somewhere that the PLO registration will open while the main is in play on Saturday? Won"t that lead to half the field being blinded out while queueing to register for the following day?

As mentioned elsewhere, with the cap at 50 this will surely sell out in no time - especially as many people will already have planned to be there on the Sunday.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2011, 10:40:08 AM »

Did I see somewhere that the PLO registration will open while the main is in play on Saturday? Won"t that lead to half the field being blinded out while queueing to register for the following day?

As mentioned elsewhere, with the cap at 50 this will surely sell out in no time - especially as many people will already have planned to be there on the Sunday.

Part of the reason for the side events, were to ensure players that had made arrangements for the whole weekend, had an event to play on the Sunday should they bust the main event.

As seems to be the norm with APAT events these days, everyone wants to play everything, and demand far exceeds the available number of seats.

Registration opens to allow players to reg as they get knocked out of the main event, but as it is an open event, we cannot stop any players from registering once the poker room is taking payments.

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2011, 10:45:20 AM »

Can we choose which UKIPT seat we take or is it just "the next one"? Would much prefer to do Brighton than Cork.

You can choose.