Author Topic: Poker tracking software  (Read 5753 times)

smileriraq

• Silver Member
Poker tracking software
« on: January 23, 2008, 14:39:39 PM »
Hi Guys

After 3 years of mostly online play (mainly low limit SNG and over the course of the month im usually $30-$40 dollars in profit) im considering using poker tracking software (mainly to try and plug leaks in my game more than anything else)

However what is most off putting is that a lot of them are not particularly user friendly (mainly because of the amount of information is too much)

a) Can anyone recommend a software that works with blondepoker

b) Can anyone direct me to a site that will help me learn how to interpret the information into practical terms

I dont mind paying for the software but I dont want to buy it only to find its not suitable for my needs

Id also be interested on your thoughts on whether poker software is even needed

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 14:41:46 PM by smileriraq »

tumblet

• Gold Member
Re: Poker tracking software
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 15:51:30 PM »
Hi

I use a thing called Holdem Indicator, i got it free by signing up to a poker site.. Look it up on google Holdem Indicator and it gives you a lot of the stats that PT does, but its a piece of softwear that sits on the bottom of your table.

I will post a screen shot when i get a chance, but it may be Thur night before i get to my lappy at home.

If your looking at it, there is also Tournament Indicator, which gives you your "M" value as the tournament goes on, its works on bsq but not on blonde. Have a look an if you have any questions PM me..

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 15:59:20 PM »
I too recently found, downloaded and completed a 48 hour trial of the Tournament Indicator Software and found it to be very useful and VERY easy to set-up. The only niggle I had was having to set my Chat to "All".

HoldEm Indicator won"t let you trial the software on Real Money tables so try HoldEm  Indicator to get the idea.

Poker Tracking Softwares have been covered on this forum a number of times - see

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

and

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1017.0

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 16:03:54 PM by lukybugur »

Bulldog

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 16:34:37 PM »
Scouse DJ, Does the holdem indicator only work on the site you registered it through, or does it work on all poker sites.

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 16:46:01 PM »

Scouse DJ, Does the holdem indicator only work on the site you registered it through, or does it work on all poker sites.

If i remember right, the deal that they have is you can have the software for free if you sign up to a site throught them. You have to clear hands to get the software available  on all sites, on the site you have signed up with.

There was 2 differences if i remember, Holdem Indicator you could clear the hands, 200 raked hands and the software was yours, and Tournament Indicator i think was 800 tournament hands. ( I think i had a problem with TI not working ), but HI has never had a problem with, but I generally use it for cash, and HI for tournaments..

I think Poker Office has a deal very similar where you can get it for free if u sign up to a site, and it gives you some table overlay with the fugures you are after, but if you want something simple you cant really go wrong with Holdem Indicator...

Also its very good for mining, and you can just open tables up and collect the information (for Cash Tables)..

As i said PM me if you need more details but im sure you will find out about both if you google them..

smileriraq

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 19:26:08 PM »
cheers guys ill look into that

I can usually work out my "m" anyhow but that would be quite cool

BioBlinx

• Bronze Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 22:34:49 PM »
Is it SnG"s you"re sticking too? If so then I cant recommend software since I dont play them that much or use software for them.

If its cash games you"re going to start playing I really would recommend getting pokertracker and learning the software. It looks daunting at first but theres great guides on the net, this one is pretty good: http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4946669&page=1&fpart=1&vc=1

For cash games I would say PokerTracker is very important to help you develop and understand leaks in your game as you go. But as I say, if its SnGs then I"m not sure on other softwares.

smileriraq

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 10:28:21 AM »
cheers i primarily play SNGs as I find them to be the most suited to my play however I do also play cash games intermittently

Ive seen poker tracker but as you said without knowing what to look for then the software can be pretty daunting

Ive read 2 of the harrington on hold em books so im familiar with terms like M and Q , pot odds etc and and I like to think of myself as a reasonably able player but Im hoping that using tracking software of some sort will take it up a level.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 19:47:56 PM »
Agree with Bio.  PT is excellent, but not if it"s primarily for STTs on blondepoker.

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 20:21:09 PM »
As promised, i thought it would take until Thursday.

Screen 1, shows what sits at the bottom of your table.

Screen 2, shows what you can get showing you information.

Example shown is showing cash, but Holdem works the same for STT & MTT"s, although I dont feel it can be as good for MTT"s as there are so many stages in a MTT.
Also its not the same as PA Hud that goes with PT or PO, as you can actually put this information on the table.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 21:57:29 PM »

Also its not the same as PA Hud that goes with PT or PO, as you can actually put this information on the table.

What do you mean by that?  Isn"t that the whole point of PA HUD?
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 22:07:03 PM »

What do you mean by that?  Isn"t that the whole point of PA HUD?

Sorry should have read CANT... You cannot put the info from HI on the table, you have to have it on the side as it is shown.. Srry

smileriraq

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 10:13:23 AM »
tried holdem indicator and its pretty good but not suited for SNG IMO as because the blind situation is constantly changing (thereby affecting your agression levels etc) it could be a bit misleading . I noticed that I was classed as loose aggressive (never thought id be considered that ) but that was due to blinds going up and players going out

Ideal for cash games tho

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 10:38:27 AM »

tried holdem indicator and its pretty good but not suited for SNG IMO as because the blind situation is constantly changing (thereby affecting your agression levels etc) it could be a bit misleading . I noticed that I was classed as loose aggressive (never thought id be considered that ) but that was due to blinds going up and players going out

Ideal for cash games tho

I would have to agree completly, cash it gives you what you want. I cant see what any program can give you for tournaments and STT"s in terms of live stats while you play.

smileriraq

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 12:45:56 PM »
To be honest it was mainly because I didnt want to be disadvantaged against others at the table, Im also wary cos I dont want to rely on it and then when I Play live forget how to calculate pot odds etc

I also found www.sharkserv.com very useful (free to use)