Author Topic: APAT UK Team Championship - List of Teams/Members & Discussion Thread  (Read 63612 times)

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:50:49 AM by IrishTom »
Facebook: Tom Brady (Plymouth)
Twitter: TomBradyLPPL

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
Re: APAT UK Team Championship - Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 17:46:43 PM »
 Hi Tom please could you confirm a list of teams that have def secured a slot via league comp etc..I take it APAT forum will represent, will there be APAT champs again? Etc

Many thanks..
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

HitmanHarvey

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »
Excellent Work Tom & APAT Again!

Sky HitSquad will E-mail you their application, We have Really enjoyed the last Two of these, & competiton will be fierce amongst our 150 Members for a Team Spot, if we get our Application accepted!

Thanks, The Hitman

GL All!

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 13:43:25 PM »

Hi Tom please could you confirm a list of teams that have def secured a slot via league comp etc..I take it APAT forum will represent, will there be APAT champs again? Etc

Many thanks..

BUMP
2012 UK Amateur Champion
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 10:42:34 AM »
Carl, the top 2 teams from the S7 NOL secured themselves a place in the forthcoming UK Team Championship - these teams are "Lucky Squad" and "Blue Blood" - and LBPN guaranteed themselves a spot by winning the S7 UK Online Team Championship - all 3 teams need to apply via myself to secure their team spot (if not already done I will be contacting the S7 Team Captains).

Also, both APAT and LPPL will each have 1 team entered - Team Captains will be confirmed this week and a separate forum thread set up (for each team on their own forum) for members to put their names forward.  There is no criteria beyond being an APAT/LPPL member - eg APAT will NOT be a "Champions" or a "Forum" Team - simply APAT.

chrish1976

• Bronze Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 22:48:19 PM »
the first winners of a team tournament eligible for this if we can get 4 more perhaps the runners up.

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 01:01:31 AM »
I would like to make a suggestion.

The Apat team captain, when announced, is going to be someone well respected and a decent player within the community.

That captain I am sure will have a very tough time in picking a team but is going to pick people that he/she knows personally to be a very good player and people who have had recent good results and rightly so as we want Apat to have the best team possible.

I would like to see a team made up of Apat randoms...ie players who have played Apat in the past either live or online, who are not part of any other forums and who basically have no chance of experiencing the team event. In the last online league where my team came 4th there are 4/6 of my team who fall into this category and I am sure there are LOADS more.

So I would like to propose a "Simon Cowell" team. Open a thread where players who are not members of any other forums can put there name down, then a team can be drawn at random...at least then some of them will get to play?

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 09:35:26 AM »

I would like to make a suggestion.

The Apat team captain, when announced, is going to be someone well respected and a decent player within the community.

That captain I am sure will have a very tough time in picking a team but is going to pick people that he/she knows personally to be a very good player and people who have had recent good results and rightly so as we want Apat to have the best team possible.

I would like to see a team made up of Apat randoms...ie players who have played Apat in the past either live or online, who are not part of any other forums and who basically have no chance of experiencing the team event. In the last online league where my team came 4th there are 4/6 of my team who fall into this category and I am sure there are LOADS more.

So I would like to propose a "Simon Cowell" team. Open a thread where players who are not members of any other forums can put there name down, then a team can be drawn at random...at least then some of them will get to play?

In my own experience of playing poker in team events be it as a forum team or international, a huge factor for me was to be amongst players that you would care just as much for them winning as you do for yourself, in fact more sometimes!
I know for a fact when it came to the crunch at WCOAP a couple of seasons ago personally i was more worried about letting my team mates down than i was myself..

Tbh... Hand on heart if i was in a team of "randoms" i would prehaps not worry so much, hence my game might play different in crucial spots..

But i do understand to a certain extent where you are coming from Suz, when i had the honour and prestige to captain a team i have always believed it a good thing to introduce at least 1 or 2 new players who have yet to play for APAT.. As i believe everyone should get a shot at experiencing the fun, banter and sweat that team poker provides :)

So i dunno about putting all names in a hat and drawing out 8 random people, dont know if this would end up being a way for a successful team? ( may be wrong )..

Think a team with a captain who has prior experience is neccessary, then prehaps he has to include at least 2 or 3 newbies/virgins to the squad?

Just my thoughts..

Looking forward to this immensley see you all in Manchester .
2012 UK Amateur Champion
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 13:50:02 PM »
If the team is drawn at random, then surely there would be no point in having a captain?

I agree with Carl, a captain picked, who needs to pick 2 players that have not played for the APAT team before.

Team atmosphere is a massively important factor in team games and I think that a team full of people who dont really know each other is not going to be that enjoyable for anyone?
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

sleeves

• Bronze Member
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 20:00:20 PM »

If the team is drawn at random, then surely there would be no point in having a captain?

I agree with Carl, a captain picked, who needs to pick 2 players that have not played for the APAT team before.

Team atmosphere is a massively important factor in team games and I think that a team full of people who dont really know each other is not going to be that enjoyable for anyone?

I would have to disagree, My first team championship experience was in season 6 @ Luton. We were a team full of randoms never met in person, We had only played online as a team taking part in the APAT online league (regionals team event). We finished 2nd in the tournament behind GNF, every team member stayed rite to the end rallying the team members on and checking to see where we would finish, Fantastic experience and making new friends....Apat team championship is now always top of my list on what events I want to play if lucky!!!

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 21:33:00 PM »

If it is a team representing APAT, there is no need for them to know each other. We had this discussion already about the national teams. Select them on results imo, not on whether they are in the clique. How about having a qualifying competition?

5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 04:28:55 AM »
Reading back on my post I dont think I made it clear what i was thinking. I dont want the "best team possible" scrapped, I would like to see an additional team added of randoms. The forum team was a great idea but again it was a captain picking a team.

Carl, its great that you picked 2 players who had never played for Apat before...but thats just it...it was just 2 players out of LOADS who would love to play for Apat. As someone who has played for the team in the past I know how special it feels to be picked and for that reason I wouldnt put my name forward again so someone else can have that experience.

As sleeves has said, you dont have to be best buddies to make a team work. I was captain of that online league team and although we had only chatted online we had developed a great relationship and it was the cherry on the cake to actually meet each other as a team face to face. I was named captain, I didnt have any experience on what to do so we discussed strategy as a team. We went in there determined to do the best we could against a lot of very strong teams and took silver so it works sometimes :D

I REALLY really like Johns idea of having a qualifying competition btw.................................did I just agree with Mr Murray ??

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:43:31 AM by suzanne »

koyte

• Bronze Member
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 10:04:04 AM »
is it possible to find out how many registered please

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 11:29:43 AM »

is it possible to find out how many registered please

How many registered for what Alan - players for the APAT team? (no idea) or teams for the UK Team Champs? (45)

koyte

• Bronze Member
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 12:01:15 PM »
thank you kind sir