Author Topic: Captain's Thread  (Read 44403 times)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Captain's Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 10:03:20 AM »
HI All

First of all I would like to apologize for the lack of leadership over the last 3 weeks, unfortunately my situation as not changed so I will not be around again this Sunday nor will I be able to play for the next few months. So with that in mind, it does not seem right for me to continue as captain. If anyone would like to take over as captain please post on the forum. I will be back hopefully for the second league later on in the year. If nobody wants to take over  then a would be happy to continue in the second league.

The 8th game of the league is this Sunday the 29th at 7.00 with a 1 hour late registration. $10+$1 on PokeStars, you can find it under Tournaments/Private/APAT password apatmember  

Unfortunately I don't have any information for the last 2 weeks so I'm unable to update the player of the season (it was only for fun so not a big lose)

Team league
Scotland  26pts
Wales  22
West Mid  13
South East  12
North West  6
North East  5
Yorkshire & Humberside  5
East Midlands  4
London  4
South West  4
East Of England  2
Europe  1
Ireland  1

Individual League
Stephen Morris Wales  62pts  
Lee Mardon South East  42
Tom Clark Scotland  40

Andy Cowl  22 (16th)
Paul Wilson  21  (20th)
Matthew Pitt  17 (32nd)
Barry Simpson 16  (40th)
Stephen Brooke 16 (40th)
Dean Person  5  (101st)
Michael Homes 3  (120th)
Wayne Parker  1  (130th)
Marcin Rejmak  1  (130th)
James Beel  1  (130h)  

With 7 games gone, I don't think it's possible for us to compete against Scotland and Wales but 3rd place is still achievable. Individually anything is possible with 8 games left it only takes 2 FT and you will challenging for the prizes.

Thank you for all the support and good luck for the rest of the league and I will see you in League 2. 

Wayne
(nosey-p)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 11:08:43 AM »
No points for us again this week, going to be difficult to get 3rd place but it's still achievable. With 5 games left we have 5 pts with West Midlands on 16 pts. The numbers in the league have fallen to around 220 players (mostly Scotland and Wales) so if we can get a good turn out over the next 5 weeks, this would improve our chances. If you have not played yet can I ask you why? You have shown an interest in playing for Yorkshire & Humber, it's now time to stand up and be countered. YOUR COUNTY NEEDS YOU.      

They as not been any interest in taking over the captaincy so I will do my best to keep you up-to-date but I am going to find it difficult to be around on Sunday nights but If you are ok with that than I shall carry on.

I have updated the "PLAYER OF THE YEAR" but I don't have week 6&7 results, if anybody can get them for me, I would be grateful (16th & 23rd of April) if not then I will have to call these 2 games nil and void (sorry if you did well in these games) but it is just for fun.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 07:05:29 AM »
Week 12 of the APAT league is this Sunday. Only 8 played last week so it seems that we have thrown in the towel. We are in 8th place on 5pts, Scotland and Wales are a long way in front with West Midlands in 3d with 18pts. Our top individuals are Andy Cowl, Paul Wilson and Matthew Pitt all on 22pts, the top 3 being on 62, 56 and 53pts. With 4 games left to play and 25pts for first place it"s still possible for someone to get in the top 3. The Player Of The Year is now updated so there"s always pride to play for.

Cardiff is this weekend, good luck to all that are playing, I will be at Gala in Leeds on Saturday.

Wayne

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 10:06:50 AM »

Week 12 of the APAT league is this Sunday. Only 8 played last week so it seems that we have thrown in the towel. We are in 8th place on 5pts, Scotland and Wales are a long way in front with West Midlands in 3d with 18pts. Our top individuals are Andy Cowl, Paul Wilson and Matthew Pitt all on 22pts, the top 3 being on 62, 56 and 53pts. With 4 games left to play and 25pts for first place it"s still possible for someone to get in the top 3. The Player Of The Year is now updated so there"s always pride to play for.

Cardiff is this weekend, good luck to all that are playing, I will be at Gala in Leeds on Saturday.

Wayne

Don"t forget that the highest scoring English player after the final round of this league automatically secures a place in the England team for ECOAP at DTD in August. Same goes for the other home countries.  So - don"t be throwing in any towels - there"s still loads to play for.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 10:17:30 AM »
My other half is due today so I may not be playing for a while
Looking forward to making my first day 2

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 11:15:19 AM »

Wayne

Don"t forget that the highest scoring English player after the final round of this league automatically secures a place in the England team for ECOAP at DTD in August. Same goes for the other home countries.  So - don"t be throwing in any towels - there"s still loads to play for.

Forgot about that, thanks Steve

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 11:17:31 AM »

Good luck Dean or should I say Mrs Dean

So you wont be going to Manchester tomorrow to see the mighty Wildcats
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:56:13 PM by nosey-p »

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 12:10:57 PM »

So you want be going to Manchester tomorrow to see the mighty Wildcats

No, I can"t really go anywhere this weekend. Been to all previous magic weekends but will watch it on TV

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 10:47:32 AM »

So you want be going to Manchester tomorrow to see the mighty Wildcats

No, I can"t really go anywhere this weekend. Been to all previous magic weekends but will watch it on TV

I helped you out on Saturday, I backed Castleford  :( but I also backed Catalans, Leeds and Wigan so not a bad weekend.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 15:21:39 PM »
I backed  Wakey off scratch when 6 down at 2.5-1 and also backed Hudds Town to get promotion. Cas bet was a terrible one imo

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 11:11:25 AM »
This Sunday will be ours

Calling all Yorkshire & Humberside players to turn out in force this Sunday to show the rest of the league that we may not be in the running this time but we will be a force to be feared in the next league. Plus most of you will be playing on Sunday in the GENTING FREEROLL, don't forget if you have not download Genting yet use the code APAT6  

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2012, 10:15:07 AM »
So who's playing tonight?

In week 1 we had 30, last week we had 8. I know we cannot win the league but it would be great if we could win 1 week. I want to make that week tonight so if you are available can you please play and lets show the rest of the league that we will be in the running in the next league. Let's try and get 20 runners. There is a freeroll on Genting at the same time so I'm hoping for a good turnout.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 07:07:27 AM »
This Sunday we had 10 runners which was disappointing, I know some of you could not make it or was late in registering but I know some of you did not play but did play in the freebie which was kind of a kick in the teeth to me.

The 10 that did play thank you for your efforts

For the first time we had 5 point scorers but at one point we had 6 players in the top 30 with 50 left. But as in other weeks when it matters we run bad. I watched 3 of you get it in when ahead only to come out behind.

Its going down to the last game for the title with Scotland leading on 52pts and Wales on 50pts.  North East are uncatchable in 3rd place with 26pts. We are currently in 7th with 9 pts. 

Congratulations to Paul Wilson (aka willow333hul) who has won the first part of "Player of the Season"

The last game is this Sunday

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 07:05:50 AM »
Thanks to all of you for your support to Yorkshire & Humberside. I will put a report together later in the week but for now, get your heads around this  

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=11401.0

More details to follow but it looks like a 4 man teams within your poker club  

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2012, 19:35:22 PM »
Sounds good does the knockout, even we must be able to raise a couple of sides?
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1